AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 2,079
Weekly Rank: 48,903
Season Rank: 3,936 (from 2,041)
Heroes: Cripps, Hore, Oliver, BCrouch, Grundy (C), TKelly
Villains: BSmith, MCrouch, Coniglio, Liber, Boak, Heeney, Atkins
Trades Made: Clark and Whitfiled to Answerth and Ryan
Comment: Team has really stagnated since a high ranking of 1,400 2 weeks ago, mainly on the back of Liber reverting to rookie like scores and Coniglio going so poorly. Had 260k in bank before the trade of Whitfiled to Ryan (which really did not work) as I wanted to have options to fix Liber and Walsh this week. The original plan was to do Clark and Wilkie to Answerth and Ryan/Laird, but didn't go ahead due to the poor scores from Walsh and Liber this week and the extra cash, I felt wound be more benificial to fix Walsh and Liber this week, but now I don't know what to do....

AFL Club
Collingwood
Score: 2049
Weekly Rank: 61,414
Season Rank: 91,527 (from 94,950)
Heroes: T Kelly, Heater, Sloane (C) , Cripps, Treloar, Rich, Laird, Dangerfield, Constable.....Chris Scott for placing more importnace on the welfare of his players and giving Constable another game.
Villians: everyone else but especially Crisp, Pendles, Daniel, Darling, Heeney, Westhoof & Mummy
Trades Made: Gray to Westhoff, Butters to Answerth
Trades Planned: TBC but hopefully one will invlove Zorko the Magician

Comments: Have been too embarrassed to write a weekly review, never has my team performed so badly......have spent the last 4 weeks hopefully trading in 6 premium keepers in Mumford, Laird, Daniel, Kelly, Rich & Westhoff (?) and my team still scores like crap.

Feel like hitting the delete button, but will prpbably try and soldier on and salvage something. Next year I won't even read about how rucks can't back up for 3 seasons in a row and just start Gawn & Grundy plus 22 rookies.

Hopefully the Mummy is back and Burgess, Scott & Wagner

bloke

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Fremantle
Score: 2,122
Weekly Rank: 32,384
Season Rank: 28,205 (from 30,316)
Heroes: Oliver, Macrae (C), Cripps, Grundy, Telly
Villians: Heeney, Parker, Libba, Cogs, Smith
Trades Made: Constable/Butters > Answerth/Corbett
Comments: Planning on bringing in Dunkley for Parker, then maybe downgrade Atkins if he's named

pizza safety

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2162
Weekly rank: 19,774
Overall rank: 682
Heroes: Tim Kelly, Sicily, Fyfe (C), Neale, Cripps, Macrae, Grundy, Clark as a decent sub for Whitfield, Hore
In Between: Z Williams, Brodie Smith, Gawn, Dangerfield
Villains: Matt Crouch, Heeney, Boak’s disposal efficiency
Trades Made: 8 so far, Butters to Answerth and Libba to Macrae last week.
Trades Planned: Scrimshaw to Hately/Stocker and Atkins/Gibbons to Dunkley. Will take the gamble on Stocker's job security if Hately isn’t named because Dunkley getting in this week and the flow on of having an extra premium for the next 3 weeks could almost be worth as much as 2 rookie scores during the byes.

Can’t wait to get Whitfield back so that I can come back up the ranks after two mediocre weeks. Walsh will likely turn into Zerrett or Yeo next week with Bewley (Freos wingers were collectively poor), Collier-Dawkins and Patrick Naish all a chance to play this week and to be traded in prematurely next week by me because I can’t stop and won’t stop trading.

I’ll also mention that Sam walsh, Drew, Hore, Duursma, Darcy Moore and Baker are the 6 spots on my field that still need upgrading with Brodie Smith also one to play out

Last edited:

blue dreamer

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Score: 1995
Weekly Rank: Rankings are
Season Rank: irrelevant
Heroes: Laird, Rocky, Fyfe, Cripps (c), Neale, Grundy, Bolton
Villians: Moore, Witherden, Coniglio, Westhoff, Heeney, Mummy
Trades Made: Gray/Collins - Westhoff/Answerth
Trades Planned: Really unsure, did Parker to Telly, then looked at Parker and Duursma to Heater and T Mac, now back on Parker to Telly
Comments: Last Monday I traded Gray to T Kelly and thought my team looked heaps better and was not even sure if I would do a second trade. Then Mummy is out. BD thinks to self "it's too early in the season too eat a donut, especially at R2". So looks at ruck options for a straight trade, doesn't like them and doesn't know how long Mummys out for so reverse changes is hit and the above trades are made.:(:mad::( Nuff sedd

randomcliche

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,262
Weekly Rank: 3087
Overall Rank: 5392 (from 10,355)
Heroes: T.Kelly, Grundy (C), Rocky, Cripps, Fyfe
Villains: Cogs, Libba, Heeney, B.Smith, Z.Williams, RoB cause the 1st week i need his score and he flops.
Trades Made: Gibbons & Duursma to Answerth & Daniel
Trades Planned: Fence almost finished
Comments: Nice handy jump up the ranks , will continue to paint the fence leaving me with Hore onfield as solo rookie. Will have to start thinking about what to do with guys like Moore, Libba, B.Crouch, B.Smith coming into byes as well as try and get Gawn in
Please post your team, only 1 rookie! Love it!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope your wrong big time on the 10 upgrades :eek:
Few guys could find some form thats for sure!
Well someone has to start the thread
I know and full credit to you that you start it 😀

I guess it depends on how long you keep Williams & Smith , they could end up D6 & D7.

and what you do with Cogs , Crouch , Rocky & Libba

looking good though

pizza safety

AFL Club
Essendon
I hope your wrong big time on the 10 upgrades :eek:
Few guys could find some form thats for sure!
Well someone has to start the thread
I think the ones you are likely to need to upgrade are Brouch, Libba, Moore and Mumford with ones 50/50 Billings, Marshall, Rocky (as his body might tire) and B Smith. I’d say Williams, Cogs, Heeney are safe to stay as premiums. Not all of those will fall off though and it’s pretty impressive that you got there so quickly.

frosty1

Score: 2055
Comment: reduced to playing find the fallen premium due to the lack of cash gen from the rookies. Have burnt too many trades chasing $$ (and yet missed so many good options) and still have a team with holes everywhere.

Need to take a couple of weeks to reassess, but am all in now, so probably try something this week anyway....probably try and create a meaningful POD team from here, as the chance for a good overall placing is long gone, and have no cash leagues this year.

All is Wells

50 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
Score: 2,146
Weekly Rank: 24,421
Overall Rank: 1,532 (from 1,146)
Heroes: Oliver, T.Kelly, Macrae, Grundy, Hore, Neale, Laird
Villains: Atkins, M.Crouch, Heeney, Daniel, B.Smith, Drew, Moore
Trades Made: Clark to Answerth
Trades Planned: Atkins - Stocker/Hately, Walsh - Fyfe

Comments: Week started off great, sat at around 11/1300 after the Melbourne game then everything fell apart. My Fyfe to Crouch trade after rd 3 continually gets worse. Wasted a trade, lost 135 points and cash. Whitfield has gone from my best starting selection to one of my worst in 3 weeks. Injury affected 45, Clark as cover for 41 and then looped Answerth/Atkins for Atkins 1st score on the ground for a solid 11. If you factor that into Whitfield's average, it goes from 108 to 87.5. Coupled with the fact non-owners can get him for 480k in 2 weeks he's been a terrible starting choice and it's all got to do with an injury that couldn't be foreseen. Can be such a frustrating game at times.

Also missed out on doing Walsh to Fyfe by a solid 1.7k last week so that was good. Missed out on 63 points and a 35k swing in prices. Anyway, onto some good news. Clayton Oliver finally showing what i picked him for. Gone from a disappointing pick averaging 100 over the first 7 weeks to 110 avg after 8 rounds. Doesn't look so bad a starting selection now. Kelly brilliant even tho most have him and Macrae starting to find some form. Forget these guys though, Balta's 82 and slow climb to 450k begins now. Burgess and Scott to join him soon, mark my words.

Stocker as a downgrade doesn't instill me with much confidence especially when it leaves your mid bench with him, Hayes and Scott but unless Hately returns, he needs to come in to keep the upgrades going. Was initially thinking of Dunkley, brilliant value at 515k but he has a difficult 2 months ahead. Even if he scores 110 each of the next 3 weeks, he only rises 40k more so can bring in at an affordable price after his bye.

Fyfe represents little value at 600k but being owned by nearly 80% of the teams around mine scares me, hate barracking against him each week. Need to close off the negative pod and while it hurts having to bring him back in for more than you traded him out for, if he gets injured again atlesast most are in the same boat. Trades are also being planned around byes now, Walsh to Fyfe helps even out the spread. Drew and Duursma are ready to be traded but they have GC this week and an early bye in which not many of my other players share. So might look to chop Stack, Baker, Moore and Hore first. Hope some rookies debut this week or Hately returns next rd or else it's looking pretty bleak going into the byes with no cash to facilitate some of the trades i want to do. Also want to make 1 more upgrade in either Boak or Merrett before the byes start.

Going to continue to rant about my cash league luck until it turns around. Sit 3rd and 4th in overall points in the SCS $150 and $100 leagues. Yet i find myself 2-4 and 0-6 in these league placing me 14th and 18th. The one where i'm ranked 18th has prizes mainly for league results and i can basically cross off my chances of a top 8 finish in that already rippp.

AFL Club
Essendon
26 trades left, saving my run to the byes, but no downgrades available, Stocker is too raw, need to see a couple more games. Waiting for Hind to get a game, might be his chance this week. I will start the 1 up 1 down, Lloyd and Whitfield as targets soon, need to drop in price with high breakevens.
Interesting strategy! Are you playing for league or going in with a different strategy or ???

Mind posting your team?

AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting strategy! Are you playing for league or going in with a different strategy or ???

Mind posting your team?
Nice pickup, playing for overall next year, just saving my trades..lol

I have traded aggressively in the past, so thought I'd only trade unless I had to. League wins would be the go, but just plodding along aimlessly hoping that by holding some trades would put me in a better position. Unfortunately, picking the right rookies ready to cash & mid pricers has got people ahead this year with easier upgrading for them.

Team is as follows. Any suggestions welcome..

Attachments

AFL Club
Essendon
Nice pickup, playing for overall next year, just saving my trades..lol

I have traded aggressively in the past, so thought I'd only trade unless I had to. League wins would be the go, but just plodding along aimlessly hoping that by holding some trades would put me in a better position. Unfortunately, picking the right rookies ready to cash & mid pricers has got people ahead this year with easier upgrading for them.

Team is as follows. Any suggestions welcome..
Haha well holding trades will put you in a great position late in the year when the inevitable carnage comes.

Who are your last 5 mids? I see you lucked out with the Mouch +Cogs combo like me. Tricky week ahead.

Professor

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Haha well holding trades will put you in a great position late in the year when the inevitable carnage comes.

Who are your last 5 mids? I see you lucked out with the Mouch +Cogs combo like me. Tricky week ahead.
Got 3 mids to upgrade, may look at avoiding Neale, Fyfe, might go Oliver, or poddish Henderson from Hawthorn, JPK, Duncan, Gaff, Shuey when Nicnat comes back. Also Zerret and Seedsman if he can string a few together, but he'll be M9.

AFL Club
Essendon
Got 3 mids to upgrade, may look at avoiding Neale, Fyfe, might go Oliver, or poddish Henderson from Hawthorn, JPK, Duncan, Gaff, Shuey when Nicnat comes back. Also Zerret and Seedsman if he can string a few together, but he'll be M9.
Sorry i meant last 2 mids (M7+M8) as they're chopped off from the screenshot haha

Don't mind the idea of going poddy which is something i'll be doing when the time's right!