Discussion Round 9: Teams & In Game Discussion

Don't think taking out the wingers is the answer
The answer is pay free kicks every time a player is tackled _before_ he has the ball.

The first week you'd pay 200 frees a game. The next week 100 a game, and the third the players making the play would be allowed to make the play without being scragged and dragged down before they take possession, which makes it incredibly hard to actually do anything with the ball.

AFL Club
Collingwood
The answer is pay free kicks every time a player is tackled _before_ he has the ball.

The first week you'd pay 200 frees a game. The next week 100 a game, and the third the players making the play would be allowed to make the play without being scragged and dragged down before they take possession, which makes it incredibly hard to actually do anything with the ball.
So actually umpire the game to the rules and not change the interpretations every second week.

Maybe they need a umpire in the box saying such and such is being held , pay the free kick.

And stop nominating ruckman , throw it up , toss it in , if 1 each from each side are not there too contest too bloody bad.

If 2 or more from one side contest pay a free.

I used to love watching every game on TV , not anymore the standard of play as a whole is getting worse and worse

AFL Club
West Coast

Yes agreed, far too prevalent.. Shuey got a free against last week for holding the ball and he did go to ground to take possession BUT was already being tackled even before collecting the ball so clearly no chance of ever disposing it once he had it..

AFL Club
Sydney
17/1915

Great effort from Simpson to punch out 80. 11 out of my 17 scorers have been between 80-100, which you would normally say yuck to, but of the other 6 scores, only one has been below that mark (Starcevich) which has made my round an enjoyable one so far.

Whitfield, J.Kelly, Rankine, Serong and Grundy to come. Projected for 2441, but feel like anywhere between 2300-2400 is more likely.

AFL Club
West Coast
I think this is possibly the first time ever i had no Saturday players! projected at 2540 but I'll believe that when i see it.

Great win eagles, what a game!

However along with giving up trying to understand the supercoach scoring system, i no longer understand holding the ball. Players are getting tackled before they even have it then get pinged, but others pick up the ball take 5 steps do a spin stop for a cuppa get tackled ball falls out play on! The teams are coming wiser to it and it's almost better to let the other bloke take possession and play for holding the ball. And this isnt an eagles whinge, is every game every week. I love footy being back bit this really **** me to tears.

Old man whinge over and out.

AFL Club
West Coast
The fact he is out of bounds when kicking is undisputed yet not relevant. That happens all the time for marks on the boundary, out of bound kicks etc.

The question is whether he deviated from the line and played on, whilst out of bounds.

Now, when you consider how Buddy kicks with a slight step to the right it is pretty similar. Play on..............unless you are a non WCE supporter I could have empathy it was more than a step........

16/1925 (Macrae C) - hoping to get a bump on my paltry season rank of 58k - Stewart debut helping out this week. Next week a killer with overweight bye players (Cripps, Hurn, Mitchell, Wingard, Ceglar, Doc and Serong who with his 118 may be too early to trade). Really annoying as bye planning is normally my strength.

Will continue to aim to fight to get back to 10k which is the worst result I have had since starting 2012. Ceglar may go for a 2nd premium, Mitch Duncan comes in, pity about Simpkin as still too early and seems to have gone off the rails on performance, injured?

Last edited: