Discussion Round 9: Teams & In Game Discussion

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
**** Elliot Yeo. Seriously. How do you turn a 95 at 3qr time into 85 at full time as an elite mid? How do you do that?
Too embarrassed to share my trades this week with the forum, but lets say Yeo going backs was pleasing for me to see...
And part of the reason I maybe traded him out, due to his frustrating scoring patterns.

Over-allocated coming into the last Q- roughly 2500 and a readjustment in the last resulting in weighting for certain acts being changed, dependant on when they occurred.
Overallocated, so take the points off a guy who actually made a difference to his teams chances, while not scaling others back at the same time?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
So why have a ceiling of 3300 points then and just score every single action during the game.

I guess then we would have a greater variance in scores depending on the standard of game played.
I am surprised there's not more fluctuations in live scores in more games to be honest.

I think it was noticeable in this one because it was within a kick for most of the last quarter, and actions in the last quarter had more influence on the result than those earlier in the game and scored higher - they had to reduce the points for earlier actions to keep the total to 3300.

AFL Club
Essendon
Yeo is the classic example of scaling at work.
IT IS NOT STATIC; if the game is close in the last, the last quarter will be scaled massively (at a guess double normal scaling) different to the previous quarters thus the previous quarters will be scaled down.
The scaling you see live is just CD attempting to "guess" what weighting it'll get during the game not what it will be

Also Simpson got I reckon +30 for his goal, which put Geelong up but then it got wound back to about +20 when west coast took the led

FYI - In a Yeo owner so I've got skin in this game

AFL Club
West Coast
Great for the boys to bank another win... absolute highlight was NicNats tap to JJK snap and goal!

Carlton and Hawks in the next two weeks could really set up our season before we have to potentially leave town again.

Still not sure how you lose so many points, when there were no "negatives" added to his stat sheet.
I'm :poop:ty on it!
3/4 time he was 95, then lost that many points, with no bad deeds!
You don’t have to do anything wrong to lose points in the last qtr of a close game..C’mon, you know this.

Everyone around here (including myself) rubbing their hands together in every close last qtr so their players can get the big points, those points have to come from somewhere.

Not saying it’s the way it should work. Every 1st qtr is massively over scored but watching lives scores like most of us do, its fairly obvious.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Case in point-
Fremantle VS Geelong RD8 2020
Port v Melbourne (mainly Melbourne)
Brisbane v Essendon (mainly Essendon)
North v Crows (mainly Crows)

hahaha and too many others to mention , King Kerley was interesting in the News tonight calling for a urgent committee to be formed to fix the game before it is too late , scrimmages are more and more like rugby.

Don't think taking out the wingers is the answer , Kerry Packer wanted to remove a FP , RR & BP and make it 15 a side.

Still think we need to station 1-2 permanently inside the F50 to be honest.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port v Melbourne (mainly Melbourne)
Brisbane v Essendon (mainly Essendon)
North v Crows (mainly Crows)

hahaha and too many others to mention , King Kerley was interesting in the News tonight calling for a urgent committee to be formed to fix the game before it is too late , scrimmages are more and more like rugby.

Don't think taking out the wingers is the answer , Kerry Packer wanted to remove a FP , RR & BP and make it 15 a side.

Still think we need to station 1-2 permanently inside the F50 to be honest.
Was alluding more to weather conditions rather than the play from the sides involved.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Too embarrassed to share my trades this week with the forum, but lets say Yeo going backs was pleasing for me to see...
And part of the reason I maybe traded him out, due to his frustrating scoring patterns.
Come on you can't make a comment like that and leave us all hanging 😀

We are all about sharing and caring here.

Please tell

AFL Club
Essendon
A simple free kick count doesn’t tell the whole story though, people forget that.

It’s the ones they miss and bad decisions that aren’t included in that count that make the difference.
Oh of course, 100% agree with you LITS. I just enjoy it when fans of a team complain about frees and then some cheeky boi pulls up the free kick count.

Good comeback for your boys tonight!