Strategy Round 9: Trades

AFL Club
Melbourne
I've got some problems in defence this week with Doedee and Hill out.:unsure:

One trade done already Budarick to Bazlenka

Have Noble on the bench for coverage, but no confidence in him holding his place in the team.

Think I will have to trade Doedee and Hill, but miss on Close, thinking at this stage given the js issues potentially for Ling/Watson will do:

Hill to McKay and Doedee to Ridley

I know that I'm paying a premium on Ridley, but he still seems the best DEF upgrade leading into the byes.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

To a degree, I feel that the fact that McKay, has to be on-field this week may make him a better option than Ling/Watson, or are my thoughts totally wrong?
Have you thought about McPherson instead of McKay? I’m weighing both of them up and not sure which way to jump. Any thoughts on JS?

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Have you thought about McPherson instead of McKay? I’m weighing both of them up and not sure which way to jump. Any thoughts on JS?
I watched a interview of him on the Crows show last week and the extra yards he has to go to for injury prevention in addition to the normal programs. I'm worried he will get a rest over this Carnival period.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Could have waited on a couple of these trades, but made all 3 before last night's match:

King, Hill and McInerney to Close, Georgiades and Parker.

Hopefully doesn't burn me by jumping early with late outs etc, but was fairly set on all 3 changes. Less stressful this way - figure if I cop a donut, it won't make a lot of difference anyway with my ranking.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Ignoring their positions, I am likely to take 1 Sydney rookie, but I only saw part of last weeks Swans game.

Elijah Taylor, Matt Ling and James Bell.

Any thoughts on ranking them firstly based on Job Security, or would you rerank them when based on cash generation ability?

AFL Club
Melbourne
Had considered him, but lower price and lower B/E lead me to him, not sure how it will work out, but decision made, no looking back now.
Thanks... So you obviously think McKay has reasonable JS (or are you just hoping for the best?)

AFL Club
West Coast
Ignoring their positions, I am likely to take 1 Sydney rookie, but I only saw part of last weeks Swans game.

Elijah Taylor, Matt Ling and James Bell.

Any thoughts on ranking them firstly based on Job Security, or would you rerank them when based on cash generation ability?
Thanks... So you obviously think McKay has reasonable JS (or are you just hoping for the best?)
Mckay has good job security, lots of inside 50's helping his scoring, wouldn't want to own him if you are a North supporter! doesn't get a lot of the ball so I think relied on intercept possessions or spoils. will be interesting vs Adelaide, maybe more even game (less i50) against a weak fwd line.

looked at all the swans players, so challenging. Ling came in for Stoddart who only played two games before a minor injury. wasn't a high scorer at NEAFL (47 ave). these type of guys concern me as low scoring suggest JS poor and don't make a lot of money. May see more of the ball this weekend.

Bell and Taylor play mid/fwd, Swans won last week which isn't going to happen much. Only think I like with Bell is named on the wing.

think the talk on Tobe Watson at Freo has been more positive, was a late in, if Cox plays and still gets a game I may go him. Alternatively if I don't, will just adjust my trade in target.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Mckay has good job security, lots of inside 50's helping his scoring, wouldn't want to own him if you are a North supporter! doesn't get a lot of the ball so I think relied on intercept possessions or spoils. will be interesting vs Adelaide, maybe more even game (less i50) against a weak fwd line.

looked at all the swans players, so challenging. Ling came in for Stoddart who only played two games before a minor injury. wasn't a high scorer at NEAFL (47 ave). these type of guys concern me as low scoring suggest JS poor and don't make a lot of money. May see more of the ball this weekend.

Bell and Taylor play mid/fwd, Swans won last week which isn't going to happen much. Only think I like with Bell is named on the wing.

think the talk on Tobe Watson at Freo has been more positive, was a late in, if Cox plays and still gets a game I may go him. Alternatively if I don't, will just adjust my trade in target.
I like Tobe well, but I need to trade before teams are announced but don’t want to take the chance.
Just to clarify, are you saying that Ling has poor JS? ( I wouldn’t disagree with this)

AFL Club
Richmond
I didn't loop in Aarts because my loop was Bedford (Melb) and I didn't want to cop a donut if one of my forwards didn't get named.
So I've got Curtis Taylor and Rankine and need them to score 70 + to beat Aarts.
I think they both can, Taylor should kick multiple goals against sadelaide.

AFL Club
Essendon
I think I have to go Hill to Ling.

Would want to pick Tobe if he's in, but as I won't be able to know before Ling plays, and Freo are the last game of the round, it's probably pretty stupid to risk it for what is essentially a 50/50 rookie pick.