Strategy Round 9: Trades

AFL Club
West Coast
I used my trades already in Round 8 so turning my attention to round 9 and coming chaos it will bring. How well are you positioned for the round before trades? How will you use your 3 trades? How many rookies do you still have on field? How are you positioned for best 18 for round 10 and how will this influence your trades this week? How will you handle the rolling lock out? So many questions, so few answer, so much potential wrath from the SC gods.

“KFC SuperCoaches will be given an extra four trades in coming rounds to help navigate a period of 33 AFL matches in 20 days. The SuperCoach trade limit of 30 will be increased to 34, with an extra trade (three per round) available for coaches to use from rounds 9-12.

1595636164806.png

Pre trades 1 Def, 1 fwd and 3 mid upgrades to go.

Cash ~300k

Planned trades: 1 mid upgrade, 1 rookie down. Perhaps another upgrade if I can afford it. Still no idea who

Round 10 planning: will miss 5 premiums (Doc, Sic, Ryan, Cripps, Brayshaw)

Potentially on the bubble: Bell, Ling, Porter, Brooksby.

1595636179833.png

Good luck all.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
“KFC SuperCoaches will be given an extra four trades in coming rounds to help navigate a period of 33 AFL matches in 20 days. The SuperCoach trade limit of 30 will be increased to 34, with an extra trade (three per round) available for coaches to use from rounds 9-12.
Completely missed this news. Nice!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I used my trades already in Round 8 so turning my attention to round 9 and coming chaos it will bring. How well are you positioned for the round before trades? How will you use your 3 trades? How many rookies do you still have on field? How are you positioned for best 18 for round 10 and how will this influence your trades this week? How will you handle the rolling lock out? So many questions, so few answer, so much potential wrath from the SC gods.

View attachment 19118

Pre trades 1 Def, 1 fwd and 3 mid upgrades to go.

Cash ~300k

Planned trades: 1 mid upgrade, 1 rookie down. Perhaps another upgrade if I can afford it. Still no idea who

Round 10 planning: will miss 5 premiums (Doc, Sic, Ryan, Cripps, Brayshaw)

Potentially on the bubble: Bell, Ling, Porter, Brooksby.

View attachment 19119

Good luck all.
They missed Close (Geelong)

AFL Club
Collingwood
At this stage

T Brown - > rookie
J Brander - > likely to be Hurn
Heeney - > mid premium or a ruckman if my new R2 plan completely fails

before trades my Best 22 consists of :

2 rookies in defence
2 rookies in midfield (1 is Bennell)
1.5 rookie in forward (Rankine + TJL)

will worry about Round 10 when it starts

Last edited:

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Have $250k in bank.

I’m looking at doing:
Budarick/Brander to Close/Oliver

After that could do McAsey to Ling if Ling looks okay. Could fix Cavarra to Brooksby if Cavarra isn’t named once again.

Or maybe a premo sideswap of Fyfe to Zerrett.... but thanks to team selections, won’t know for sure whether Fyfe is playing for sure or not before pulling this move!

Could also just save that 3rd trade.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Early thoughts, might only use one or two trades of the three in Round 9. My rookies are either still making cash and not ready to be cut, or aren't playing at all and don't hold enough value to be worth cutting.

Hoping Ling as a DEF rookie can produce better than what his NEAFL number suggest to allow me to cash in Starcevich. Will likely hold Williamson one more week and trade at his Round 10 bye to a premium DEF.

Likely to hold Budarick for now, maybe a chance I could move on McHenry to a MID or FWD rookie if they show something this week.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
:love:
C Taylor/C Serong to D Martin in the next 1-3 rounds hopefully costing less than $150,000 to $175,000 and relegate 1 of C Rozee/H Bennell/M Pickett to the bench.

I have to have Dusty eventually, but have Whitfield and Devon Smith in my mids that I need to move forward, think the fun is coming back to SC in the next few weeks trying to juggle everything.

Would nearly have Dusty in the Brownlow votes last night, unreal after 1/2 time

AFL Club
North Melb.
Was really keen on LDU pre xmas and early pre season. I think he is close to taking a big step up.

The late start to the season and injury isnt great so perhaps he is more for 2021 SC but if he puts up something decent this week I will really be tempted to get him in with the hope of him being my swingman at F7 - M9 for the remainder of the year. (would come in at M8 next week and work him off the field)