Strategy Round 9: Trades

Weighed up RCD vs Byrnes and came up with the following in my head:

Byes: RCD round 13, Byrnes round 14 (+1 Byrnes)

Scoring Impact: RCD likely playing full time CB midfield for next 2-3 weeks, Byrnes still on the edge of the midfield group byt maybe more opportunity with Jones out (+1 RCD ... just)

Job Security: RCD set for 2-3 weeks minimum but could be longer, Jones 10 weeker shores up Byrnes JS a little but otherwise Saints midfield is still strong (TIE)

Next 5: RCD has GWS - Brisbane - Adelaide - Essendon - Eagles, Byrnes has Geelong, Bulldogs, North, Swans, Adelaide (+1 Byrnes)

I guess based on that I'm leaning slightly towards Byrnes but with my lineup the round 13 buy isn't quite as much of an issue. Anyone see any obvious flaws in my thinking here?

AFL Club
GWS Giants
I actually think Hunter Clark might benefit the most with Jones out.

I'll let Byrne's slide, been known to pick a rookie up after the first price range so I'll have another look.

AFL Club
Carlton
Set on Rowe to Poulter, Berry to Lloyd. Have been targeting Lloyd for this week for a few weeks now, lost almost $100k now and is toning up every week, a big score is probably not far off. Can get rid of Warner instead of Rowe but Warner's points through the two bye rounds could be more valuable long term than Rowe scoring 20s.

AFL Club
Essendon
Would like to go two down (2 of RCD/Poulter/Byrnes obviously), and it seems to be the optimum time to do so but:

with Mitchell at his price (and bye situation) I feel like I might need to do 1 up 1 down. (predicted to rise 40k this week)

The other problem is my forward line is rubbish and I'm wondering if Hall is worth a risk, (also fits my Byes, also predicted to rise 40k or so).

The rookies have been such a raffle and I don't know if it means I should jump on 2 of the rookies, or not stress and start setting up my bye premo upgrades now...?? 19 trades..

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 7.51.33 pm.png

Last edited:
I actually think Hunter Clark might benefit the most with Jones out.

I'll let Byrne's slide, been known to pick a rookie up after the first price range so I'll have another look.
I've done the same after recognising that I was trying to talk myself into Byrnes when I know RCD would be a potentially huge negative POD as a cash cow if I bypassed him

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just wondering if anyone is skipping either RCD or Poulter?
I was very close to skipping one but I think they’re both required after a bit of digging. Next weeks rookies look pretty bloody poor in comparison. Likely the best 2 rookies we get for a while as both have on field potential.

AFL Club
West Coast
I was very close to skipping one but I think they’re both required after a bit of digging. Next weeks rookies look pretty bloody poor in comparison. Likely the best 2 rookies we get for a while as both have on field potential.
Yea I understand. Any other week I would do the double downgrade without hesitation however If I don't do a upgrade this week I'm pretty much giving up any chance I have of winning my H2H matchup in my main league!

AFL Club
Melbourne
Any thoughts on 2 of Berry, Dev Robertson or Tom Phillips to trade out for Poulter and RCD?

Berry has weak job security, might not be named R9, and releases the least amount of cash. Least likely to have a spike game.

Dev releases a bit more cash, however has shaky JS. Has M/F. Unlikely to make much money leading up to his bye, unless he hits a spike game.

Phillips releases the most cash, is about to drop $20k, and is scoring low 70s. Upside is that he is R12 bye, and M/F.