• Other ?‍♂️

Votes: 37 29.1%

• Total voters

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Gawn running at training today...

The triple All-Australian ruckman ran for the first time at Demons training on Monday after straining his left knee in a training mishap in Maroochydore 10 days ago.

Gawn, who ditched his knee brace for heavy strapping, walked laps for 20 minutes before running lightly for close to 45 minutes away from the main group.

"If it was my right leg (after two ACLs), I wouldn't have been as talkative and wouldn't be here right now. So, it's my left knee which I am much happier now."

AFL Club
Collingwood
https://www.afl.com.au/news/371634/another-don-down-knee-surgery-sidelines-key-big-man

Another Don down: Knee surgery sidelines key big man
February 10, 2020

ESSENDON'S No.1 ruck role is suddenly up for grabs after Tom Bellchambers underwent knee surgery last week, compounding the Bombers' summer of injury woes.
The 30-year-old is recovering after going under the knife for a procedure that is expected to keep him sidelined from running for the next fortnight.
After completing most of the pre-season to date, the Bombers are hopeful the setback won't cause too much disruption to his preparations for 2020.

However, it has opened the door for recruit Andrew Phillips to bolt into contention for the season opener against Fremantle on March 21.
The 28-year-old signed a one-year deal at Tullamarine in search of greater opportunity after 27 games in four seasons at Carlton.
Phillips has impressed since crossing from Ikon Park in October and is expected to lead the Bombers' ruck division in the bulk of pre-season matches starting next week.

Untried ruckman Sam Draper, who last year signed a four-year extension while recovering from a ruptured ACL he suffered in May, is expected to join full training in coming weeks.

The shortage of ruckmen has forced the Bombers into a late addition to its trialists for the club's last available rookie berth.

East Fremantle beanpole Brynn Teakle (202cm) was flown in last week as the Bombers weigh up a replacement in the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP).
The 20-year-old has joined Nigel Lockyer and Nathan Ireland as candidates to take the vacant position left open by draftee Lachie Johnson's ACL.

Captain Dyson Heppell continues to recover from a foot injury, while Joe Daniher (groin) appears set to miss a bulk of the first half of the season.

Cale Hooker (knee), James Stewart, Noah Gown (foot) and Mitch Hibberd (knee) are also part of the current rehab group.

Michael Hurley (shoulder), Orazio Fantasia (hip/knee), Dylan Shiel (knee) and David Zaharakis (ankle) are back in full training after delayed starts to pre-season.

AFL Club
Carlton
Is Gawn a must have with his knee issues? If he plays 80% ruck 20% forward or on bench. The below tweet has got me thinking about how overpriced Grundy and Gawn are. They'll definitely drop in price, lets say $80k. I'm willing to hold Grundy, maybe not both and pick up after their bye.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Is Gawn a must have with his knee issues? If he plays 80% ruck 20% forward or on bench. The below tweet has got me thinking about how overpriced Grundy and Gawn are. They'll definitely drop in price, lets say $80k. I'm willing to hold Grundy, maybe not both and pick up after their bye.

RE: ......If Andrew Phillips scored 100s every week from round1, he’d rise in price to around $500k by R10...…...

The problem with that theory is that Bellchambers is likely to play early in the season.

…….the Bombers are hopeful the setback won't cause too much disruption to his (Bellchambers) preparations for 2020.........

AFL Club
GWS Giants

RE: ......If Andrew Phillips scored 100s every week from round1, he’d rise in price to around $500k by R10...…...

The problem with that theory is that Bellchambers is likely to play early in the season.

…….the Bombers are hopeful the setback won't cause too much disruption to his (Bellchambers) preparations for 2020.........
And the fact that Phillips has scored 2 hundreds over an 8 year career

AFL Club
Carlton

And the fact that Phillips has scored 2 hundreds over an 8 year career
I was looking at Gawn's price dropping by $160k if he has a couple of substandard scores. In any case I've replaced Gawn with Witts atm. Happy to use 2 trades to upgrade later if required. ?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was looking at Gawn's price dropping by $160k if he has a couple of substandard scores. In any case I've replaced Gawn with Witts atm. Happy to use 2 trades to upgrade later if required. ?
I reckon you could probably do a lot worse than Witts (I used him as a what you see is what you get injury replacement last year), but worth flagging that the Suns seem to have got Zac Smith back in. Presumably Witts is clear number 1, but I generally like that type of pick to be locked down as sole ruck.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought Witts was injured, I’m so out of touch this preseason.
Read somewhere he was recovering from foot surgery
Captain Jarrod Witts has endured a minor setback in his preparations ahead of the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.
By SUNS Media on Jan 14, 2020

Captain Jarrod Witts has endured a minor setback in his preparations ahead of the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.
Witts was sent for scans following an incident whilst training during the leave period, with results confirming the ruckman had sustained an injury to his left foot.
The 2019 Club Champion had surgery last week and is expected to be available to return to full training in preparation for Round 1.