• Other ?‍♂️

Votes: 37 29.1%

• Total voters

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Excellent stats, thank you.

Does anyone know of somewhere where H2As can easily be found?

I was thinking that comparing (1) SC scores vs H2As for R1 2020 and R1 2019 would help tell us whether ruck scoring has changed, and (2) comparing absolute H2A levels (time adjusted) for those two rounds would give an indication of whether there has been a change in game style or the interpretation of what constitutes a H2A.
https://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Interesting how a potential increase to the interchange bench may affect the scoring of ruckman, if they go to a 6 man bench or more with unlimited interchange do we see the return of a dedicated 2nd ruck?

AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting how a potential increase to the interchange bench may affect the scoring of ruckman, if they go to a 6 man bench or more with unlimited interchange do we see the return of a dedicated 2nd ruck?
I don't think there is any need for an extended interchange bench any more... with rounds rumored to be the traditional Thurs to Sunday game slots.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't think there is any need for an extended interchange bench any more... with rounds rumored to be the traditional Thurs to Sunday game slots.
I'm fairly sure it was reported earlier this week the bench will stay at 4.
Correct, to stay at 4 players on the bench at this stage. Although coaches have apparently continued to lobby for the increase, Damien Hardwick was interviewed the other day and said he wanted 6 on the bench.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I would expect most clubs would be running two rucks if there is a six man bench. I highly doubt we would see similar ruck scores to Rd 1 if that happens, as you would expect most rucks to be spending a lot of match time on the bench.

I'm expecting we probably will get the extended bench if the AFL are still considering this, as reported. It is not going to be confirmed until the week of Rd 2 either way, which will give us 2-3 days max to plan for it. Might end up being worth holding off bringing in Gawn/Grundy for a few weeks until a price drop if they are on reduced minutes (I currently have neither)?

...I have no idea what to do with my trades now. I was considering trading out Nic Nat, but as he usually scores highly (best points per minute of anyone), if all rucks end up only playing 60-70% game time, he's almost the best ruck option.

Time to prepare yet another trade option I think, already have multiple possibilities, pending certain players getting named.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I would expect most clubs would be running two rucks if there is a six man bench. I highly doubt we would see similar ruck scores to Rd 1 if that happens, as you would expect most rucks to be spending a lot of match time on the bench.

I'm expecting we probably will get the extended bench if the AFL are still considering this, as reported. It is not going to be confirmed until the week of Rd 2 either way, which will give us 2-3 days max to plan for it. Might end up being worth holding off bringing in Gawn/Grundy for a few weeks until a price drop if they are on reduced minutes (I currently have neither)?

...I have no idea what to do with my trades now. I was considering trading out Nic Nat, but as he usually scores highly (best points per minute of anyone), if all rucks end up only playing 60-70% game time, he's almost the best ruck option.

Time to prepare yet another trade option I think, already have multiple possibilities, pending certain players getting named.
RE: ........I would expect most clubs would be running two rucks if there is a six man bench....... .if all rucks end up only playing 60-70% game time........
Why do you think rucks time on the ground will be reduced with a 6 man bench?
If a ruckman, who has good endurance and played most of the game solo last year, why wouldn't he play most of the game now with the reduced quarters? :unsure: