Saturday/Sunday SC - Final Results Posted.

AFL Club
Essendon
As explained early on, the tactics would seem to be, can you work out which players everyone will avoid?
It's clear the 1 minute I spent where I did try to consider this strategy was maybe *just* a tad short of optimal thinking time...
Very solid performance from me.

AFL Club
Sydney
Nice comp, bit of fun.

My one comment... It seems hard/impossible to track how you are doing as you go? I basically just waited for the results to see how I had fared.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah I enjoyed it too. I was thinking of grabbing some of those bottom priced players to lessen my penalty. Very ironic that they scored higher than the more expensive guys themselves!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nice comp, bit of fun.

My one comment... It seems hard/impossible to track how you are doing as you go? I basically just waited for the results to see how I had fared.

Hi jaca,
thanks for the feedback.
Were the tables put up after each game a little too complicated?
I know I filled it with a lot of nubers, and I could see how some people might think "WoW! What am I looking at here?!".
I'd be happy to hear any suggestions you might have, so I can make it easier to track your progress. :)

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Maybe it's just me...:unsure:

But I collate the following table after lock out using Rowsus information, then populate the SC scores as they come to hand to track how my own team is faring.

Untitled.jpg

Not sure whether it's of use to anyone else, but am happy to post the above table, or Rowsus can replicate when he finalise lock out.

Happy to do this part Rows if there's sufficient interest...

AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice comp, bit of fun.
Hi jaca,
thanks for the feedback.
Were the tables put up after each game a little too complicated?
I know I filled it with a lot of nubers, and I could see how some people might think "WoW! What am I looking at here?!".
I'd be happy to hear any suggestions you might have, so I can make it easier to track your progress. :)
I felt similar to Jaca, as I don't always have the time to work out all the numbers (too complicated for me to work them out quickly), so I just decided to let the 'Statistician' work it all out :). If other players like all the numbers, then that's good.
I mainly followed my players scoring, assuming if they are scoring well, then I am doing alright. I enjoyed that.
I do like the table with all the players names and their selections, that way I can see how the other competitors are going as well.

Basically, I see this comp as being similar to betting on a horse race, the more people that select (bet) on the favourite horses, the shorter their price is adjusted, while the outsiders have less bets on them, so their price increase. If an outsider wins, you win more money, but usually, the outsider doesn't win many races. That's how I understand it, maybe I'm wrong?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe it's just me...:unsure:

But I collate the following table after lock out using Rowsus information, then populate the SC scores as they come to hand to track how my own team is faring.

View attachment 4290

Not sure whether it's of use to anyone else, but am happy to post the above table, or Rowsus can replicate when he finalise lock out.

Happy to do this part Rows if there's sufficient interest...

Good work THCLT. With your table and the "What selections each contestant has in one table" table, then that should make it easier to track how all the competitors are going, and so more interesting.

(PS. maybe it's because both tables have colour that I like them better :p ).

AFL Club
Sydney
Honestly, just remembering to submit my tontine skins is a win for me, so I don’t expect I’ll use your tables Thanh!

I like the comp, would play again for fun but probably wouldn’t jump into a cashie.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Well that was fun, feel like I was in the ball park, thanks for organising Rowan!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Submit: 1 Def, 2 Mids, 1 Ruck, 1 Fwd + 1 Wildcard from the remaining 15 players.
Remember, you need to choose a total of 6 players.
PM/Conversation your selections to me.
Entries close 4.00pm Saturday.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Entries received so far>
Rowsus
Couch Coach
Connoisseur
Prochard
KLo30
Drew
doc ron
Bermi
bunlit
jaca
THCLT
Presto
IDIG
blue dreamer
Juzzo

Last edited:
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi thanks for running this again, just a suggestion, is there any chance seeing as you’re doing this again, would you be able to creat a cumulative rolling leaderboard? Be interesting to see who's most consistent over a few weeks.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi thanks for running this again, just a suggestion, is there any chance seeing as you’re doing this again, would you be able to creat a cumulative rolling leaderboard? Be interesting to see who's most consistent over a few weeks.
Yes, I intend to do that. :)

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
12 entries in so far.
Jump in for some fun!

Players listed at post #92

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
15 and counting ......

PM me 1 Def, 2 Mids, 1 Ruck, 1 Fwd and one Wildcard from the remaining 15 players.