Discussion SC 2020: Completed Teams

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Completed team:

DEF: Lloyd, Stewart, Ridley, Haynes, Z Williams, Docherty (Rivers, Starcevich)

MID: Bontempelli, Merrett, Oliver, Lyons, Mitchell, Miller, Cripps, Duncan (Wicks, Close, Bennell)

RUC: Gawn, Goldstein (B Williams)

FWDS: Whitfield, Petracca, B Smith, Simpkin, Wingard, J Martin (Riccardi, N Reid)

Neale, Macrae and Grundy are the main omissions.

Ended up with quite a few pods in Z Williams, Merrett, Duncan and J Martin and a couple of super pods in Lyons and Miller.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Lloyd, Laird, Stewart, Ridley, Daniel, Williams. (Sholl, Ling)
Neale, Bont, oliver, J.Kelly, Danger, Mitchell, Fyfe, Cripps. (Coleman, Foot, Lyons)
Gawn, Grundy. (Xerri)
Whitfield, Petracca, D.Martin, Greenwood, B.Smith, D.Smith (Riccardi, Mozzi)
Thats it for me. Thru to 9 Grandfinals, so its going to be a busy weekend coming up. Then I'll see you all again in 2021.
Here I was hoping that Docherty will still be in your FINAL team...:rolleyes:

AFL Club
St Kilda
Here I was hoping that Docherty will still be in your FINAL team...:rolleyes:
And here I was wondering if I should show my hand 24hrs before numerous GF matchups with other SCS members. Then thinking most here wouldn’t know my team name and associate it with me. Good work Thanh. Should have known better than to underestimate the likes of yourself. Good luck for the weekend mate.

AFL Club
Carlton
Don't have the emotional energy to chase team selections all weekend after losing my prelims last week so final trades dpne today finally fully non rookie.
Would have got here weeks ago except for trying to boomerang Gawn which has become a "stick" as a boomerang that didn't come back with R O'B coming in this week to replace my last rookie in Draper.

Lloyd, Laird, Stewart, Daniel, May Hurn, (Rivers, Brander)

Zerrett, Neale, Dangerfield, Mitchell, Gaff, Zorko, Cripps, T Kelly, (Wicks, Bell, Bytel)

Grundy, O'Brien, (Comben)

Whitfield, D Martin, Walters, Greene, Wingard, Balta, (Riccardi, McQuillan)

AFL Club
Essendon
D: Lloyd, Ridley, Dawson, Saad, Scrimshaw, Docherty (Watson, Rivers)
M: Neale, Macrae, Bont, Danger, TMitch, Jelly, Fyfe, Cripps (Schoenberg, HBrayshaw, Hird)
R: Gawn, Grundy (Comben)
F: Petracca, Whitfield, Dusty, Devon, Bazlenka, JMartin (Mozzie, O’Connor)

As they said in Chernobyl, “Not great, not terrible.”
Mids are very good. All are capable of big scores. Haven’t fired on all cylinders often enough. Cripps has been disappointing since trading him in and has had a few ‘nearly’ games. In hindsight, should have got MCrouch but wouldn’t have made much sense at the time.
Defence is weak, was running out of trades and limited cash so had to compromise a bit. Blakely didn’t work out at all, wasted 2 trades but they don’t all come off. Scrimshaw a gamble too, might be a better choice heading into next year with Sicily missing.
Forwards are underwhelming. Had the choice between JMartin and Greenwood a few rounds ago and that has failed miserably. Did look like Martin was about to take the next step, Carlton on the up and competing for a finals spot while Greenwood looked tired. Think it’s solid reasoning, just hasn’t worked out that way lol

AFL Club
Essendon
Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 6.53.14 PM.png

Can't call it complete, but maybe like Duchamp's, Large Glass, "finally unfinished".

Will comment more later, on where the cracks started to appear.

(Edit: look a those scores from my damn premo midfielders last week!)

My bookkeeping has been a bit lax this year, so:
Players I started with and still have in final team by line:

Laird, Docherty (Gould)
Macrae, Oliver, Neale, Cripps
Grundy
Whitfield, Dusty, Devon (Davis)

Reminder list - players to never trade out of my team outside of injury: Gawn.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
14-15 injury trades and still not enough to get rid of Docherty

LAIRD , Stewart , Ridley , Mills , Hurn , Rivers / Williams , DOCHERTY

Steele , Oliver , J KELLY , Adams , CRIPPS , Parker , Duncan , Kennedy / Wicks , Bennell , Foot

GRUNDY , Witts / Draper

Whitfield , B Smith , D SMITH , Big O , Ablett , J Martin / Close , Hosie

BOLD = remain from starting side

another frustrating , ordinary season