Competitions SC 2021: Interchange Competition (Congrats GV Vikings FFC)

AFL Club
Collingwood
I am wondering if enough people would be interested to participate in the ‘Interchange Comp’, before I go ahead with it.

Around 20 players would be good, but actually, there is no limit on the number of Entrants.

The beauty of this Comp is that all Teams are in the running to win, right up to the 2nd last AFL game of the season.
There is no extra work from you, as the Comp is based on your team’s weekly score and there will be weekly updates.

(Any suggestions to improve this Comp would be welcomed.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------​

The ‘2021 NTERCHANGE Competition’ is based on your SC Team’s weekly score.

The Comp is made up of 2 sides, the ‘SENIORS’ and the ‘RESERVES’. The goal is to have your SC Team in the ‘Seniors’ side at the completion of the AFL’s Rd 22.
In Rd 23, only the Teams in the ‘Seniors’ side will play-off for the win. The other winner will be the Team that stayed in the ‘Seniors’ side for the most weeks.

AFL Rd1 – Teams in before the start of Rd1.
At the end of the round, half of the highest scoring Teams will go into the ‘Seniors’ side and the other Teams will go into the ‘Reserves’ side.
AFL Rds 2 to 22 - After each round, (assuming we have around 20 teams) the 2 lowest weekly scoring Teams from the ‘Seniors’ side will drop out and interchange with the 2 highest scoring Teams from the 'Reserves’ side.
AFL Rd23 - The highest scoring SuperCoach Team from the ‘Seniors’ side will win.
There will also be a winner for the Team that stayed in the ‘Seniors’ side for the most weeks.

NOTE: If the AFL competition is suspended, or interrupted, during the season, then the last full AFL Round game will decide the winners.
ALSO:
If scores are tied, then the Team that scored the highest points in the latest full round, will win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------​

I originally planned to make this a Cash Comp, which would have looked something like:
For 20 Entrants with a $10 Entry Fee, the Rd 23 ‘Senior’ Winner gets $130, the Team that stayed in the ‘Seniors’ side for the most weeks $50 and $20 goes to SCS.
(The more Entrants, the higher the prizes).

BUT personally, I don’t want to be handling the money side of it, only to run the ‘Interchange Comp’, so I’m happy to do it as a cashless Comp.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So the teams that get promoted/ relegated each week, is that just based on the weekly result, or the score for the whole season? I.e. if you get the lowest score for R3 in the seniors, are you relegated, or is it whoever has the lowest total to that point who is relegated?

Either way, I'll join. No effort sounds good to me!

AFL Club
Collingwood
So the teams that get promoted/ relegated each week, is that just based on the weekly result, or the score for the whole season? I.e. if you get the lowest score for R3 in the seniors, are you relegated, or is it whoever has the lowest total to that point who is relegated?

Either way, I'll join. No effort sounds good to me!
The teams that interchange are based on the weekly score, this way it gives every team, each week, a chance to get into the 'Seniors' side.

(I added the word 'weekly' in my intro to clarify, hope it is not ambiguous now).

Last edited: