Competitions 2021: Lock and Load Competition IV (Congrats Beijing_Sting)

AFL Club
Collingwood
I can confirm it is cheap Aussie wine... a shiraz that has gone well with the local chuaner

The strange thing about the perceived Aussie trade war ... I haven't seen any worries with oz wine at all. weird, huh? I guess like all things - everything is not always as it seems?
Correct

Don't believe everything the media tells us

Go and enjoy another glass

AFL Club
Brisbane
Correct

Don't believe everything the media tells us

Go and enjoy another glass
Good idea, (although I am using a beer pitcher - can take the boy out of Qld, but not the Qld out of the ...) However, I am on the highway back to Beijing tomorrow, so will take it easy now and get some sleep. I will defo need my wits about me in order to drive on the wrong side with interesting traffic rules.

Night all!!!!

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is anyone reading these?

Friday Night - June 25, 2021 update:
Got to say - it is nice to see some players doing well in my side that I no longer own in classic comp.

@Ironhawk - We are running good consolation comps indeed. Can't wait for you to advertise Lock and Load in your sig, when I finish higher than you in both comps ... :p

@Vicwood @jel @THCLT (licking lips)
View attachment 31628
@50 shades of Wade @Herbie66 @Beijing_Sting (licking lips)
View attachment 31629
@Ironhawk @Crowls @randomcliche (licking lips)
View attachment 31630

H2H
View attachment 31633

Overall Championship @Connoisseur - where's Steele this week, hey?
View attachment 31632
My sig is reserved for the winner of the MPM, I think you'll need to lift your game to win that one. It looks like you'll be in with a good chance of winning this though, well done. I'm just glad to see there's a fair bit of interest in both comps (I have been following this one, but it's probably not a good sign that I always check for my current rank from the bottom up)

I'm a bit surprised I'm still ahead of 5 people in this comp to be honest - I spent about 2 mins picking a team that met budget then at least 10 minutes trying to enter it. I wouldn't be surprised if I am challenging Herbie for 18th on this table before long. Probably not surprising I'm doing about as well in MPM seeing it's a similar comp to this one.

Liking all the side comps you are running, and the regular mid round updates. That's too much effort for me! (Maybe next year if I can sort out a more user friendly spreadsheet).

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can confirm it is cheap Aussie wine... a shiraz that has gone well with the local chuaner

The strange thing about the perceived Aussie trade war ... I haven't seen any worries with oz wine at all. weird, huh? I guess like all things - everything is not always as it seems?
Glad you can still get a bottle...I do suspect you'll be running dry sooner or later though, some did bump up the shipments just prior. What a shipsandwitch!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Is anyone reading these?
Good point actually. I should maybe rank it on average. yeah?
I check all your posts when they appear. I like your comments and I really appreciate your time and effort in doing the updates (also @Tails).
I think ranking on average is a better way, but it's the final result that really matters.
I had to google 'chuaner' :) sounds delicious!

Chuan, especially in the north-east of China referred to as chuan'r, are small pieces of meat roasted on skewers. Chuan originated in the Xinjiang region of China. It has been spread throughout the rest of the country, most notably in Beijing, Tianjin, Jinan and Jilin, where it is a popular street food. It is a product of the Chinese Islamic cuisine of the Uyghur people and other Chinese Muslims.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Saturday update.

H2H - I'm finally getting sorted out. @KLo30

View attachment 31682

Total Comp

View attachment 31683
First round fo the Bracket continues:
View attachment 31684
View attachment 31685
View attachment 31686

Also, W

ales and Denmark kick off Euros tonight (well tomorrow morning I suppose).?

Anyone doing this:

View attachment 31687
If you check the EPL topic, there's a few of us participating in the Euro's comp in RDT, @Dazza is leading overall, with 3 in the top 10.

AFL Club
Brisbane
Round 15 done and dusted

Total Points - Overall update:
1624784661536.png

Bracket comp - no underdog upsets:

We say goodbye to @jel @Herbie66 and @Crowls
1624784584439.png
1624784597315.png
1624784619055.png

Aaaaand, H2H Hub Comp - Congrats @THCLT @Bermi @randomcliche @tyrae1

1624784398921.png

1624784356046.png

All results are final until mistakes prove otherwise and will be corrected. Will post the updated Bracket comp soon enough. Cheers.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Round 15 done and dusted

Total Points - Overall update:
View attachment 31732

Bracket comp - no underdog upsets:

We say goodbye to @jel @Herbie66 and @Crowls
View attachment 31729
View attachment 31730
View attachment 31731

Aaaaand, H2H Hub Comp - Congrats @THCLT @Bermi @randomcliche @tyrae1

View attachment 31728

View attachment 31727

All results are final until mistakes prove otherwise and will be corrected. Will post the updated Bracket comp soon enough. Cheers.
Do I win a prize ?

Where do I go for 8 rounds ?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Brisbane
I hinted at it in my last post, but I think you made an error with the bracket, Vicwood is in there twice. I think the second one should be myself based on the standings, but I'm happy to have a bye through to the next round instead. :)
aha - I'll take a squizz now. Cheers

Fixed :) @Ironhawk

1625324181227.png

Last edited: