Competitions SC 2021: Midprice Madness Competition (Congrats Wogitalia)

AFL Club
West Coast
Round 21 Scores:
View attachment 33201

Something seems to be seriously wrong with these scores, but I'll post them anyway. We have a 16th different round winner this round - me. I seriously did not expect that to happen this season, I'm used to being in the bottom half most rounds.

Overall, @Manikato1 cut into the lead of @wogitalia by almost 100 points, but it's looking like it's all come a bit late. With just two rounds to go, it would be a massive surprise to see the lead change now.
Well done @Ironhawk. You deserve at least one win for the season for the effort of running the show. And yes I think I am too far behind.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Round 22 Scores:
1629031337270.png

Well that sure is some interesting results, this competition might not be over yet! @Manikato1 top scores for the round and moves to within 200 points of @wogitalia with one round to play. With 4 extra players to choose from this round, there was a 176 point difference between these two teams - if @Manikato1 keeps up the numbers advantage, it might be enough to sneak over the line. Team selections and restings may end up being crucial in deciding the final winner.

I was cheering for the Cookie Monster team as I was adding up scores, noting they had some good scoring players, to see if our consensus entry could finally break through for a win, but it wasn't to be. This remains the highest ranked team without a weekly win.

Shout out to @jel who has had some shocking luck lately, he was the only team to cop any donuts this round and he copped four. Hopefully things turn around a bit in the final round. @Couch Coach deserves a mention too - well done on having both of your teams score the exact same score this round - that's a good effort with completely different players in both teams.

Good luck in the final round!

AFL Club
Brisbane
Round 22 Scores:

I was cheering for the Cookie Monster team as I was adding up scores, noting they had some good scoring players, to see if our consensus entry could finally break through for a win, but it wasn't to be. This remains the highest ranked team without a weekly win.
I'm not cheering for them... lol

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great concept @Ironhawk
I've enjoyed my experience thus far and have taken some 'learnings' for my future MPM team.

Also good to see this competition running right down to the wire, all the best @wogitalia and @Manikato1
I'd just like to say a big thank you to you too @THCLT on your weekly summary table, which you do not just here but also in the Lock and Load and Interchange competitions. These have added a lot to the comp and I'm grateful for the effort involved each week. It's definitely appreciated.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Final Scores:
1629633046601.png

Well done to our inaugural Midprice Madness competition winner - @wogitalia! Despite his misgivings, he was still able to have a top 10 score for the week and hold off the fast finishing @Manikato1 by 119 points overall. @Beijing_Sting rounds out the podium.

Congratulations also to @mike89, who was the only one with Ben Keays, who scored a massive 173 in the final round. This was enough for a comfortable weekly win in the final round.

Prize for the winner:

As one of the prizes for this competition, the winner gets to add a message of their choice to all of the other participant's signatures until the end of the finals. I'm not going to enforce this, and have no way of doing so, I just thought it'd be a nice fun reward for the winner to see their message in a bunch of other people's signature for a while (it's only 4 weeks). The message that wogitalia has provided is:

"Cheers to the great man Ironhawk for running the 2021 Midprice Madness comp. Go Swannies!"

If everyone who entered could please add the above to their signature until after the AFL GF, I would appreciate it. You can amend your signature at the following link:

https://supercoachscores.com/account/signature

@Manikato1 @Beijing_Sting @Connoisseur @Grundogging @randomcliche @warewolves @toxic @tso @THCLT @blue dreamer @Wolffy84 @mike89 @Diabolical @Herbie66 @Couch Coach @Bermi @Dalla @chels @Vicwood @jel @Presto @MC's Mix @Stormzy

Wrap up:

Thank you very much to everyone who entered, I thought I might get five or six people interested, but to have 28 teams was way beyond my expectations. I thought I'd make things a bit more challenging by only allowing either 1 or 2 players per team and although it may not have been necessary, I liked seeing the differing approaches you came up with in forming your teams around this restriction. I also hope it got you looking at players you may not have always considered including for your main SC team - there are always value players in this price range, it's just a matter of identifying them.

I hope you enjoyed the competition, and even if you didn't, I'll be back running it again next year, maybe with a few small tweaks to improve things based on learnings I've had from this year. It was great to see quite an even competition this year, with over half of you top scoring in a round - I thought that it might end up a lot more one sided than that. I wasn't sure if I had the balance right in terms of difficulty in selecting a team and fun, but I think it worked out well in the end.

Good luck to all those whose teams made the finals, and for those that didn't, hopefully 2022 is a better year!

AFL Club
Carlton
This has easily been my favourite of the alternate comps this year (including the one I ended up running!) so thanks very much @Ironhawk for putting it on. The pool was still wide open enough for interesting choices but narrow enough to both provide focus and give a lot of people a half decent chance of a good weekly performance.

On a personal note, given that I knew nothing about SC strategy coming in, it allowed me to test my hypothesis around players moving clubs for increased opportunity without sacrificing my actual active team to do it. It resulted in a whole lot of star turns (Keays!!) and a whole lot of busts! Obviously with what I've learned this year around the importance of role and durability and various other things I'll be able to refine that for next time.

Given how outlandish a lot of my picks were, winning two rounds, having awful results in several others, and landing squarely in the middle of the table seems a pretty fair result.

Congrats @wogitalia on taking out the win - I've held up my end of the bargain!