Competitions SC 2021: Midprice Madness Competition (Congrats Wogitalia)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Awesome work @wogitalia I tried to keep with you, but ultimately fell away as the season drew to close, much like my classic team sadly. Your broad knowledge and insights, which you so freely share across the site are genuinely appreciated, so I think it's fitting you walk away with silverware! On the comp, it was super interesting determining a strategy for this. Also, excluding most rookies with $200k floor is a piece of genius no #rookieroulette for an entire season. Really loved the concept!

AFL Club
Sydney
Cheers all! Was nice to pick up a win given how I went in all my other GF's this weekend :LOL:

Hopefully the sig doesn't cause too much suffering for all :)

@Manikato1 would be the preseason favourite based on those last 6 weeks of form if we were carrying over teams, heck of a chase you put on and had me on edge!

Special thanks to @Ironhawk for the great concept and even better execution and @THCLT for the added data each week, much appreciated!

AFL Club
Sydney
Many thanks @Ironhawk - I really enjoyed the concept & the good community spirit that it engendered.
Well done @wogitalia - you had us covered a long way from finish.

A retrospective on the best available selections..
View attachment 33704
View attachment 33705
Based on that list...

Considered (picked)
Defenders
4(1)

Forwards
7(4)

Rucks
4(2)

Mids

8(2) (of which 1(1) was a forward)

AKA, you don't need to be remotely close to picking the top 10 guys to win it apparently :LOL:

Definitely was the year of the midprice forward, that's for sure.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just for a bit of fun, I thought I would look at a hindsight starting team you could have selected. I am not sure this is the best possible team, however I tried to restrict it to players that scored 1500+ points for the season. I don't think it's possible to get a full 30 player squad scoring 1500+ with the rules of this comp, so I included one cheap player in Def, Mid and Fwd to meet the starting budget.

Weitering 2070
Cumming 2044
Aliir 1928
Hardwick 1824
Powell 1805
Henry 1726
Duryea 1583
Burgess 1095

Keays 2265
Ward 2046
Drew 1910
Graham 1849
Heppell 1789
Florent 1682
Tuohy 1669
Redden 1644
Mayne 1601
Hill 1596
Dow 889

Darcy 2479
Hickey 2065
McInerney 1966

Ziebell 2260
Dale 2095
Thomas 1772
Daniher 1740
Stringer 1676
Membrey 1662
Pickett 1503
Impey 1181

$16,300 left over, so I'm sure it could be improved further.

For those interested, locking in this best mid priced team, you would still end up around 8-10K off the overall competition win if you stuck with it for the whole season. It might be a reasonable starting team though.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
@Manikato1 @Beijing_Sting @Connoisseur @Grundogging @randomcliche @warewolves @toxic @tso @THCLT @blue dreamer @Wolffy84 @mike89 @Diabolical @Herbie66 @Couch Coach @Bermi @Dalla @chels @Vicwood @jel @Presto @MC's Mix @Stormzy

Thanks to everyone who changed their signature over the last few weeks, I'm sure @wogitalia has got a kick out of seeing his message in so many posts recently. Just a reminder that once the grand final concludes on Saturday night, you can remove this message from your signature, as the request was only for the duration of the finals.

Of course if it happens to be a draw, you should keep it for another week, but nobody wants that to happen!

AFL Club
Essendon
@Manikato1 @Beijing_Sting @Connoisseur @Grundogging @randomcliche @warewolves @toxic @tso @THCLT @blue dreamer @Wolffy84 @mike89 @Diabolical @Herbie66 @Couch Coach @Bermi @Dalla @chels @Vicwood @jel @Presto @MC's Mix @Stormzy

Thanks to everyone who changed their signature over the last few weeks, I'm sure @wogitalia has got a kick out of seeing his message in so many posts recently. Just a reminder that once the grand final concludes on Saturday night, you can remove this message from your signature, as the request was only for the duration of the finals.

Of course if it happens to be a draw, you should keep it for another week, but nobody wants that to happen!
I am pretty sure that the rules got changed about 5 years ago and that drawn grand finals now go into extra time just like other finals matches. (But happy to keep my sig if that happpens for another week anyway!)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am pretty sure that the rules got changed about 5 years ago and that drawn grand finals now go into extra time just like other finals matches. (But happy to keep my sig if that happpens for another week anyway!)
Yeah, I found that out earlier today. Forgot it had changed as it hasn't happened. Thanks. :)