Competitions SC 2021: Midprice Madness Competition (Congrats Wogitalia)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks @Ironhawk
It’s starting to look like a 2-horse race, plenty of chances in the battle for third place.
Don't write your chances off yet. You're only 73 pts per round off top spot, and definitely still in the running for a podium finish. One or two key injuries you can avoid and you'll be right back in it.

I'll agree it's unlikely, but I'd say it's possible for someone to make up around 100 pts per round if things can go their way. Anyone below around where you are on the ladder is going to need a lot of luck to win from here though.

Thanks @Ironhawk
It’s starting to look like a 2-horse race, plenty of chances in the battle for third place.
Yeah it's starting to look that way isn't it.

My haphazard injury-riddled lineup has been plodding along without really making a splash but it looks like I'm up against a few negative POD's compared to most other teams, based on how the weekly scoring has been panning out so far, which probably means the trend will continue.

AFL Club
Sydney
I knew I'd had a good round but I wasn't expecting that!

Ironhawk isn't being mean to me, I literally picked only players that had been traded in their careers, with preference given to those who moved last season. Hence no Ziebell and why I'm in the lower half of the table!
That's definitely not an approach I've seen before :LOL:

I'm going with the bridesmaid your way to a title approach! Thought I might have it this week with my unique guys firing!

Thanks @Ironhawk
Still a lot of time. Only takes a couple of injuries to swing things and a couple of the guys that are out to get back and it changes rapidly.

I've been lucky that it's mostly my 200k guys who have copped the injuries with Prestia and Duggan the only two premium guys who've missed a chunk for me. Caldwell also higher tier but everyone had him. Touch wood!!!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some big misses from me!
I don't usually take many risks with mid-pricers, this comp has proven that it has almost certainly been for the best!
Thanks again to @THCLT for running it so well :)
Yep, thanks @THCLT. (y)

I will admit his charts do look much better than mine, and the weekly medal update is great. The colours in the knock off Excel version I use are awful, so that is why I keep mine plain and ugly.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
AFL Club
Sydney
Just plodding along under the radar, nothing to see here.

Sliding doors moment was picking between Cunners and LDU but I was seduced by the reports of a strong preseason from LDU so here we are.
Reckon he's just about been my best pick. Going Caldwell over Hind is probably the only pick I really regret at all so far and hopefully we see some Caldwell action over the back half of the season! Just about all my other coinflips are going alright and believe me, Cunners over LDU was a genuine coinflip for me also (Ziebell was a complete lock to me).

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do we do the bye rounds in this ?

Was down to 17 scoring chances this week
Consensus before the season was that we would continue as usual through the byes. Obviously every player will miss one game through this period, but it's the same for everyone, and it should be close to 1/3 missing each round the way it's structured. Happy to hear any thoughts on this if people want to change.

AFL Club
Sydney
Consensus before the season was that we would continue as usual through the byes. Obviously every player will miss one game through this period, but it's the same for everyone, and it should be close to 1/3 missing each round the way it's structured. Happy to hear any thoughts on this if people want to change.
Think it's fine to continue, as you said the structure means we should all have roughly 10/10/10 given the cap on players from each team.

For me personally r12 will be weakest by as I have two from all of those teams while the other two I've got a couple of the 1 player teams each.

Going to be some catastrophic looking scores :LOL:

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Round 10 Results:

View attachment 30343

The top 2 in the comp were top two this round, definitely starting to look like this will be a race in two for the title.

Two people with donuts this round - @Diabolical and @MC's Mix.
Another 9 points! They just keep adding up, dammit!

Seriously through, very happy with how this is tracking. Except for Ziebells 90odd points a week:sick::ROFLMAO:

Down to 19 scores is a bit dicey!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Round 11 Scores:

1622371228064.png

This was a very close round, with 5 points separating the top three. Well done to @jel on top spot.

Not too much change at the top of the rankings, however our cookie entry (a team based on the most popular picks from everybody else) is making a run for the podium, moving up a couple of spots this week.