Discussion SC 2021: Rookie Discussion

AFL Club
West Coast
Yep agreed on all points.

Yep, I still find it bizarre and stupid that unused subs still get a game for not actually playing. It quite annoys me actually.
Kids get a medal for playing sport now, free money given out in a crisis, we are now in a nanny state.

They would have scenario'd a sub coming on and not having been announced and the impact on the player family. Expect the players association was involved.

Wouldn't have been the same calling the family as saying "Mum, guess what, I am debuting as the medical sub, I may or may not get a game, it will only count if a player gets injured and they think he will not play next week, doctors will be involved and.........ahh dont worry Mum, just go out to Bingo!"

AFL Club
North Melb.
anyone got any further insight towards Malcolm Rosas FWD rookie on the bubble from suns?

RD9 21
RD11 48
b/e of 5

AFL Club
Collingwood
If Holmes is named, do we just pick him? Seems one of the few decent options. Will be tempted to pick any cheap rookie that plays this week to be honest, won't need them much beyond this week afaik.

AFL Club
Fremantle
If Holmes is named, do we just pick him? Seems one of the few decent options. Will be tempted to pick any cheap rookie that plays this week to be honest, won't need them much beyond this week afaik.
Is there anything to suggest he will be picked? Did the Cats pick up any injuries out of last week's game? Can't see them changing a team which dominated Port? You'd have to think Narkle is the first to come in too if they did, given the coaches comments after he was dropped?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is there anything to suggest he will be picked? Did the Cats pick up any injuries out of last week's game? Can't see them changing a team which dominated Port? You'd have to think Narkle is the first to come in too if they did, given the coaches comments after he was dropped?
I suspect Holmes won’t be named but if he is he will definitely be a downgrade for my side, the issue will be deciding whether to put him at D6 or M8 but for my lot it will definitely be in defence.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I suspect Holmes won’t be named but if he is he will definitely be a downgrade for my side, the issue will be deciding whether to put him at D6 or M8 but for my lot it will definitely be in defence.
Not sure how you get him in defence when he is a F/M

AFL Club
Collingwood
Garcia could return for the Bulldogs

AFL Club
West Coast
Haven't really been paying attention to news this week but apart from Newcombe is there no other decent rookie available to downgrade to this round? Someone who would at least play another 2 or 3 games?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Haven't really been paying attention to news this week but apart from Newcombe is there no other decent rookie available to downgrade to this round? Someone who would at least play another 2 or 3 games?
It is a poor week.

I reckon Briggs is a standout, and many will live Bramble as another cheap hawks option.

I am not sold on the JS of either and Bramble will take forever to make cash, but I am happy to milk CCJ, Bianco, Reeves (hopefully), Madden and Newcombe and have a few others who play this week and sit on the bench thereafter.

Apart from the donut this week I could see the benefit of trading in Edwards a week early as I can see him sitting at M11 as a worst case scenario, as his price may allow greater upgrade flexibility this week than maybe the case if some other options are $160k plus (Madden, Parks etc).

AFL Club
Sydney
It is a poor week.

I reckon Briggs is a standout, and many will live Bramble as another cheap hawks option.

I am not sold on the JS of either and Bramble will take forever to make cash, but I am happy to milk CCJ, Bianco, Reeves (hopefully), Madden and Newcombe and have a few others who play this week and sit on the bench thereafter.

Apart from the donut this week I could see the benefit of trading in Edwards a week early as I can see him sitting at M11 as a worst case scenario, as his price may allow greater upgrade flexibility this week than maybe the case if some other options are $160k plus (Madden, Parks etc).
Cash generation should be pretty much irrelevant at this point of the season. All that matters are points this week and then job security to provide cover should you need it.

Realistically Bianco, Newcombe, Treacy, Jones and Reeves (maybe) are all looking pretty good on that front. Edwards I don't think is as strong but if he keeps playing well he will stick (similar to Jordon) and move to the top, Amartey has a chance and has played really well also but he's probably a couple of bad games from being back out.

Bramble is a bit of an unknown and role could determine a bit there also. Briggs is more known, he's the backup ruck with fairly limited scoring potential and then Mumford looming large over him. Durham is definitely worth watching also, if he's in he's another, albeit don't have to go this week or next on him.