Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t normally run/start any leagues/groups in these competitions but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in potentially participating in a season long doubles comp and the scores could be tracked via the use of a league or a group which would differ from the usual leagues offered and could add more intrigue to this SC BBL season.

Specifics could be worked out later on but the concept would be to gain expressions of interest and then via some means, randomly assign members into teams of 2 and then track the combined score of all the duos throughout the season. This could involve (dependent on the size) several concepts ranging from an elimination competition, ladder format where each team plays each other once and then the top 2 face off or the highest combined score by a duo at the end of the BBL.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I don’t normally run/start any leagues/groups in these competitions but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in potentially participating in a season long doubles comp and the scores could be tracked via the use of a league or a group which would differ from the usual leagues offered and could add more intrigue to this SC BBL season.

Specifics could be worked out later on but the concept would be to gain expressions of interest and then via some means, randomly assign members into teams of 2 and then track the combined score of all the duos throughout the season. This could involve (dependent on the size) several concepts ranging from an elimination competition, ladder format where each team plays each other once and then the top 2 face off or the highest combined score by a duo at the end of the BBL.
I’m always up for trying something different. If our individual seasons are derailing a team might conjure up a trading plan to diverge their two teams to look for maximum points?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sounds very complicated to me ...

- Set and forget team selections I'm assuming using the SC salary cap ...
- Looking at the draw for DGW games I see ADL (3 ), PER (3), SYD6 (3), BRI (2), MELR (2), MELS (2), HOB (1) and SYDT (1)
- Would the scores for single game weeks count as well ?

- I'd be interested ... sounds familiar and an interesting difference to the normal season
Would involve using the results from our normal teams.

As an example let’s say 14 members participate which is the max league size and those 14 would be split into 7 duos. A fixture then could be created where each team plays each other twice during the regular season and the top 2 face off in Rd13.

Wouldn’t matter when results are compiled due to all sharing the same league and can be completed by committee.

Eg using the members that have liked/replied to the post
A duo could be Tails and Tex and another Diabolical and Connoisseur.

Eg
RD 1- Tails scores 545 and Tex scores 523 for 1068 in comparison to Connoisseur 517 and Diabolical 550 for 1067.
Tails and Tex win and receive ? points
and then so on against the remaining teams throughout the season.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Sounds very complicated to me ... but I'd be interested and would be an interesting difference to the normal season

- Set and forget team selections I'm assuming using the SC salary cap ...
- Looking at the draw for DGW games I see ADL (3 ), PER (3), SYD6 (3), BRI (2), MELR (2), MELS (2), HOB (1) and SYDT (1)
- Would the scores for single game weeks count as well ?
I read it differently. Sounds like it is just our official team but we get paired with another team.

EDIT: Nevermind! Too late as usual!

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Still confused strategy wise ...

- Trades ... or none ...
- Single game scores ... or none ...

None the less I'd still be interested ...
The duo/teams concept is in lieu of a typical league. All participants would be entered in a league (due to all coaches being able to join 10 leagues) and their score combined with their allocated teammate and doesn’t require an additional side to be created for SC BBL. The results would then be entered into either this forum or a seperate one for the round results to be displayed as mentioned above in the example offered.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The duo/teams concept is in lieu of a typical league. All participants would be entered in a league (due to all coaches being able to join 10 leagues) and their score combined with their allocated teammate and doesn’t require an additional side to be created for SC BBL. The results would then be entered into either this forum or a seperate one for the round results to be displayed as mentioned above in the example offered.
Sorry their ... initially read it as a DGW player comp ... as opposed to a "duo" comp ... all makes sense to me now :)

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not too worried about Leagues, so this sounds like a bit of fun, providing I get to select my own team and follow my trades , count me in.

If Leagues are 14 members though you will have a team with a bye each week (so I guess it is just luck of the draw which team misses out) not sure how that affects the person administering the round scores etc etc

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not too worried about Leagues, so this sounds like a bit of fun, providing I get to select my own team and follow my trades , count me in.
Thanks. As mentioned above the results will be collated using our official teams so it is similar to the SCS AFL Premier League in that the results will be posted and followed in the forum.