Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Melbourne
BBL08 Seems like so long ago. Here is my first attempt of a team, let me know of any glaring omissions and mistakes

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 2.20.16 pm.png

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
BBL08 Seems like so long ago. Here is my first attempt of a team, let me know of any glaring omissions and mistakes

View attachment 12561
Great selections of M Nabi, A Agar, T Curran, T Banton, J Philippe and C Morris and like the pods in S O'Keefe and C Green. Concerned about Ur Rahman due to the inclusion of Z Khan with both likely to share spin duties meaning he might only manage 1 game from his DGW.

https://www.brisbaneheat.com.au/news/mujeeb-and-zahir-sign/2019-09-18
Lehmann, who returned from England this week from Ashes commentary duties and scouting other recruits for the coming season, confirmed the two spinners would split playing time during the BBL.
“We’ll finalise the breakdown of matches with everyone as we get our final season preparations underway shortly,’’ he said.

An alternative could be
Out: M Ur Rahman, C White
In: C Lynn (via C Morris) and M Harris

Then dependent on your plans for RD2, C Lynn could be utilised as an avenue to R Khan via the downgrade of J Prestwidge, etc.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great selections of M Nabi, A Agar, T Curran, T Banton, J Philippe and C Morris and like the pods in S O'Keefe and C Green. Concerned about Ur Rahman due to the inclusion of Z Khan with both likely to share spin duties meaning he might only manage 1 game from his DGW.

https://www.brisbaneheat.com.au/news/mujeeb-and-zahir-sign/2019-09-18
Lehmann, who returned from England this week from Ashes commentary duties and scouting other recruits for the coming season, confirmed the two spinners would split playing time during the BBL.
“We’ll finalise the breakdown of matches with everyone as we get our final season preparations underway shortly,’’ he said.

An alternative could be
Out: M Ur Rahman, C White
In: C Lynn (via C Morris) and M Harris

Then dependent on your plans for RD2, C Lynn could be utilised as an avenue to R Khan via the downgrade of J Prestwidge, etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Z Khan the replacement for Mujeeb for when he leaves? I actually have no idea and wouldn't mind someone telling me if im wrong lol.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Z Khan the replacement for Mujeeb for when he leaves? I actually have no idea and wouldn't mind someone telling me if im wrong lol.
This is my understanding. Ur Rahman and Banton for the first half to be replaced by Khan and De Villiers. Recall reading an article confirming this. Will see if I can find it when I’m not at work.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is my understanding. Ur Rahman and Banton for the first half to be replaced by Khan and De Villiers. Recall reading an article confirming this. Will see if I can find it when I’m not at work.
Under the revamped contracting rules for BBL|09, every BBL club can contract up to six overseas players across the season, two more than in previous years.

Clubs are entitled to have a maximum of two overseas players on their 18-man roster, although they can now nominate an additional four overseas players as potential replacements throughout the course of the BBL|09 season.

The pilot ruling introduced last year in consultation with the Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA) will continue in BBL|09, whereby clubs will have the flexibility to rotate these players in and out of their squads as required.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/345a7dee1c89807bb0969621260d78da

5. Will Mujeeb Ur Rahman or Zahir Khan start for Brisbane Heat?
Mujeeb ($158,200) had the best economy rate (6.04) of any player with more than 10 wickets last season and will be joined at the Gabba by fellow Afghani spinner Zahir Khan. It’s crucial SuperCoaches know whether Zahir or Mujeeb will be first-choice or how they will juggle the spinning role at the Heat. With Tom Banton ($125,000) signed for the early rounds before AB De Villiers ($225,000) joins, it’s highly unlikely Mujeeb and Khan will play in the same team. The last thing you want is to pay $169,000 for Khan and have Mujeeb play both Round 1 games.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
https://www.bigbash.com.au/news/big-bash-league-bbl-rule-changes-six-overseas-players/2019-05-11

Rules changed to allow clubs to sign up to six overseas players per season

The KFC Big Bash League has today confirmed a contracting rule change for BBL|09.
The BBL Player Contracting Rules will be changed to allow every BBL club to contract up to six overseas players across the season, two more than in previous years.
Clubs are entitled to have a maximum of two overseas players on their eighteen-man roster, although they can now nominate an additional four overseas players as potential replacements throughout the course of the BBL|09 season.
The pilot ruling introduced last year in consultation with the Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA) will continue in BBL|09, whereby clubs will have the flexibility to rotate these players in and out of their squads as required.
A decision on a club’s replacement request will be at the discretion of the BBL Technical Committee.
The change comes after the League reviewed its Rules and Regulations following the conclusion of BBL|08.
Cricket Australia Executive General Manager Fan Engagement Anthony Everard said:
"At the conclusion of each season we take the time to review what’s working well and where we can make positive changes to the game and the fan experience.
"We’ve considered feedback from our fans and worked with relevant stakeholders of the game to implement changes that will continue to improve the competition in 2019/20.
"The ACA, BBL clubs and our broadcast partners have been an integral part of that, leading to the introduction of each club being allowed to contract up to six overseas players in BBL|09.
"The maximum number of overseas players permitted in a club’s squad will remain at two, but there is now increased flexibility to contract up to six players throughout the season and rotate them in and out as required.
"It’s a fantastic result for the competition, with clubs given a better chance at securing international players on a short-term basis to fit into an increasingly competitive global cricketing calendar."

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
https://www.bigbash.com.au/news/big-bash-league-bbl-rule-changes-six-overseas-players/2019-05-11

Rules changed to allow clubs to sign up to six overseas players per season

The KFC Big Bash League has today confirmed a contracting rule change for BBL|09.
The BBL Player Contracting Rules will be changed to allow every BBL club to contract up to six overseas players across the season, two more than in previous years.
Clubs are entitled to have a maximum of two overseas players on their eighteen-man roster, although they can now nominate an additional four overseas players as potential replacements throughout the course of the BBL|09 season.
A decision on a club’s replacement request will be at the discretion of the BBL Technical Committee.
The change comes after the League reviewed its Rules and Regulations following the conclusion of BBL|08.
Cricket Australia Executive General Manager Fan Engagement Anthony Everard said:
"At the conclusion of each season we take the time to review what’s working well and where we can make positive changes to the game and the fan experience.
"We’ve considered feedback from our fans and worked with relevant stakeholders of the game to implement changes that will continue to improve the competition in 2019/20.
"The ACA, BBL clubs and our broadcast partners have been an integral part of that, leading to the introduction of each club being allowed to contract up to six overseas players in BBL|09.
"The maximum number of overseas players permitted in a club’s squad will remain at two, but there is now increased flexibility to contract up to six players throughout the season and rotate them in and out as required.
"It’s a fantastic result for the competition, with clubs given a better chance at securing international players on a short-term basis to fit into an increasingly competitive global cricketing calendar."
So Mujeeb could play 1st game of the double and then Z Khan could potentially replace him in the 2nd of the double... alarm bells ringing. :eek::eek::eek:

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
So Mujeeb could play 1st game of the double and then Z Khan could potentially replace him in the 2nd of the double... alarm bells ringing. :eek::eek::eek:
I think this situation would be highly unlikely not only for the Heat but for the rest of the teams in the competition.

I think we will see the new rule used when there is a gap between the internationals availability or to cover an injury to ensure there are always two playing any given game.

I think it’s probable that most of the replacement internationals won’t even be in the country until they are required hence alternating won’t even be an option.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
BBL SC page praising Tanveer Sangha as a potential bolter for this season. Only two months later than when I posted about him...
https://www.bigbash.com.au/news/tan...t-ever-player-big-bash-leg-spinner/2019-11-07

Teenage leg-spinner Tanveer Sangha is being backed by his coach to impress in the upcoming Big Bash campaign

Sydney Thunder coach Shane Bond believes teenage leg-spinner Tanveer Sangha can survive and thrive in the KFC Big Bash this summer.
Sangha, 17, was on Thursday confirmed as a new two-year signing at the club, after being one of their KFC Big Bash development players last year.
A member of Australia's Under-19s squad when aged just 16, Sangha has been a highly-touted prospect from Sydney in recent years, and his potential rise in BBL|09 comes after the club lost front-line leg-spinner Fawah Ahmed to Perth.

"It was a natural progression to promote him," Bond said. "When it comes to Tanveer's skill and ability, I have no problems thinking he can take the step up and play successfully in the Big Bash League.
"It's not just his talent, it's also his temperament and cricket brain. Tanveer has all the elements we want."
If he was to debut against Brisbane Heat in the Thunder's season opener next month, Sangha would be aged 18 years and 21 days, overtaking Jake Doran as the club's youngest player. It would also make him the league's second-ever youngest player after the Heat's Afghan star Mujeeb Ur Rahman, who was 17 when he debuted last year.

The rookie leggie insists such a prospect wouldn't faze him, and that regardless of the opponent, he'll be prepared to play aggressive cricket in tossing the ball up to take wickets.
"You have to be mentally tough and keep throwing it up there," Sangha told AAP.
"They (the batsmen) are not machines. They're not going to hit you for six every ball perfectly.
"They are human as well. They're allowed to make mistakes.

"So over the years I've tried to just trust my ability and believe in myself that I can keep bowling good balls and keep trusting it."
Sangha only began bowling leg spin at age 13, and went from being picked in his first district representative team to playing for an Australian Under-16s side in one year.
"Just thinking right now, if I played Big Bash – the crowd, the venue and all the international stars, it would be unreal," said Sangha, who is no relation to teammate Jason.
"No matter how young, it would be amazing to have the experience of what professional cricket is all about."

Tanveer Sangha: Sydney Thunder, Position: BWL, Price: $42,000...no surprises then.
Have been undecided between Harris, Paris and White for my last bench spot, might just sit Sangha there for now.

Last edited: