Discussion SC BBL|09 SuperCoach Discussion [SCS Group code = 213542]

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think most are starting 10-11 DG players so there’s just no room for him in starting sides. I will be considering him in round 2 in preparation for his round 3 DG.
I had a team with 10 DGW plus Jordan. It’s one more DGW in R3. I’m wary of a Thunder/Sixers loading having been burned in the by these teams on DGWs.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I had a team with 10 DGW plus Jordan. It’s one more DGW in R3. I’m wary of a Thunder/Sixers loading having been burned in the by these teams on DGWs.
Interesting - is there something about those sides (eg they mix up their XIs), or is it more just bad luck/bad experience with them?

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thunder and rain affected games scare me ... or even the lights going out :) ... but have a few of them regardless ... surely lightning can't strike 3 times in 3 years but the farmers would appreciate it !!

Ironhawk

AFL Club
Hawthorn
My current team only has 7 DG players, and I'm reasonably happy with everyone in it. Guessing this is not going to be enough?

I do understand the concept that you want to max the number of DG players out so you get two scores from each of those players, but I'm struggling to find enough players from these three teams that I'm confident will get two decent scores (or even 1 good, 1 bad score), let alone two good scores.

I'll probably end up making a few more changes and end up running with 9 DG players, but fully expecting to pick the wrong ones.

AFL Club
Essendon
It may depend on your bench and starting Sixers whether you end up with an extra DGW in R3 or not.

I currently have 4 Sixers and have 2 Strikers and 1 Scorcher on the bench. So I only need 4 out of my 6 trades over the next two rounds to be full DGW in R3.

Anyone know much about Z.Khan? Likely type or overpriced? Interests me as a left arm wrist spinner, think he could trouble a few.
He’s only 20 and is pretty new to the scene, played a few CPL games and T10 league matches, I was checking. Seemed medium but ok, but at $170k he is well well over priced, considering mujeeb was basement priced last year, it’s disappointing supercoach has priced him the way they have

Ratzondix

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He’s only 20 and is pretty new to the scene, played a few CPL games and T10 league matches, I was checking. Seemed medium but ok, but at $170k he is well well over priced, considering mujeeb was basement priced last year, it’s disappointing supercoach has priced him the way they have
Great info, thanks. Bit of a noodle scratcher why they thought giving him a high SP was necessary. Prices seem a little all over the shop this year.

AFL Club
Essendon
My current team only has 7 DG players, and I'm reasonably happy with everyone in it. Guessing this is not going to be enough?

I do understand the concept that you want to max the number of DG players out so you get two scores from each of those players, but I'm struggling to find enough players from these three teams that I'm confident will get two decent scores (or even 1 good, 1 bad score), let alone two good scores.

I'll probably end up making a few more changes and end up running with 9 DG players, but fully expecting to pick the wrong ones.
I’m currently running with 9 DG players, and trying to work it so that I can loop the other two players. I don’t think I will go with 11 because I can see both Sydney teams losing both their matches, and I am limiting myself to 4 Heat players.

Currently for the SG players I am looping S Marsh with Handscomb and Green with Gurney / Ahmad / Steyn - I am not as settled on a bowler yet. If Marsh and/or Green score well then Handscomb and/or the bowler I end up choosing will become Strikers. Handscomb can also serve a double purpose to switch if my DG keeper fails.

AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood

Interesting how people see things , I am actually having trouble who to leave out from the 3 sides , could comfortably start 15-18 of them 😀

Banton , Bryant , Cutting , Lynn , Patto/Steketee/Laughlin , Zahir
Abbott , Curran , Dwarshuis , Henriques , Hughes , Philippe , SOK
Hales , Khawaja , Morris , Sams , Tremain

have all been in and out of my side at some stage

EDIT

+ after all that , I will be probably fielding Pierson onfield Week 1 if I finally settle on a side

Last edited:

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
It may depend on your bench and starting Sixers whether you end up with an extra DGW in R3 or not.

I currently have 4 Sixers and have 2 Strikers and 1 Scorcher on the bench. So I only need 4 out of my 6 trades over the next two rounds to be full DGW in R3.
That must be with a more value approach though?

In looking to start Carey as back up WK but that eats into the cap a bit

The teams going $42k on all bench spots will struggle to end up full DGW in round 3 if they sew loaded in R1 I assume

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting - is there something about those sides (eg they mix up their XIs), or is it more just bad luck/bad experience with them?
With Sixers/Thunder in particular in most cases a DGW load seems to backfire on me. I can’t ever pick the right ones in a given DGW. They seem to be 2 teams you can safely back against in a DGW in terms of going all out chasing down every last option.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m currently running with 9 DG players, and trying to work it so that I can loop the other two players. I don’t think I will go with 11 because I can see both Sydney teams losing both their matches, and I am limiting myself to 4 Heat players.

Currently for the SG players I am looping S Marsh with Handscomb and Green with Gurney / Ahmad / Steyn - I am not as settled on a bowler yet. If Marsh and/or Green score well then Handscomb and/or the bowler I end up choosing will become Strikers. Handscomb can also serve a double purpose to switch if my DG keeper fails.
and here I was thinking you would be unveiling your 2 players per team side this season.

So if I understand this correctly if you are playing the bench loops you already have a Striker on your bat bench and bowl bench.

Just curious

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

In the majority of my iterations I’ve had 8 DGW players. Typically I try to have at least 1 and a maximum of 3 from a team for a DGW to avoid excessively loading up and causing any future problems in upcoming weeks for trading,etc whilst attempting to capitalise on the majority’s tendency to avoid SGW players.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Can anybody in the Twitterverse tweet the Sixers to confirm whether Curran and/or Vince will be available for the Sixers first game if their team makes the MSL T20 Final?

I am expecting them to both still be available as they play more than 36 hours after the MSL final concludes but wouldn’t hurt to confirm for team planning purposes..

JoeyRulz

AFL Club
Carlton
What I'm rolling with at the moment:

Khawaja, Vince, Banton, Hales, Hughes (Green, McGurk)
Philippe (Neilson)
Short, Curran, Abbott, Morris, Laughlin (Conway, Ellis)

Pretty generic, 10 DGW's. Have enough strikers/scorchers to fill out a team in Rd3. Opinions are welcome :)

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the majority of my iterations I’ve had 8 DGW players. Typically I try to have at least 1 and a maximum of 3 from a team for a DGW to avoid excessively loading up and causing any future problems in upcoming weeks for trading,etc whilst attempting to capitalise on the majority’s tendency to avoid SGW players.
This is what I am trying to take advantage of too, if possible. With 3 DGW teams the majority will only choose from those 3 teams. It so happens those 3 teams aren't 3 of the better teams in the comp. Guys like Curran and Morris and Lynn/Cutting yes fine you've got to get them. That 9th to 11th starting spot though I think warrant at least consideration of good SGW options.

There's nothing worse than having to carry a dud for 5 weeks because you got too DGW blinkered in R1.

The same thing applies to those of us playing NBL dream team. Yes doubles are important but you can get too obsessed about them.

AFL Club
Carlton

Ratzondix

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What I'm rolling with at the moment:

Khawaja, Vince, Banton, Hales, Hughes (Green, McGurk)
Philippe (Neilson)
Short, Curran, Abbott, Morris, Laughlin (Conway, Ellis)

Pretty generic, 10 DGW's. Have enough strikers/scorchers to fill out a team in Rd3. Opinions are welcome :)
Any way to change Hales into Qais? That would be my only suggestion, like it otherwise.