Discussion SC BBL|09 SuperCoach Discussion [SCS Group code = 213542]

AFL Club
Essendon
Yes I think Carey is the key to that strategy. Green and Agar types may not be that valuable on a DGR or even play both games. Carey however is a good DGR starter.

That's why I think what's the difference between one less DGR in R1 (say Jordan) if it gets you one extra in R3. By "extra" I mean an actually quality DGR starter not a bench cheapie or mid-priced punt.

I'd have to think on that more.
I see your point now.

Wondering if you have both Abbott and Curran as Sixers? If I could fit in Jordan instead of a Steketee or Henriques I would but cash wise it’d have to be instead of Sams, Khawaja or Abbott.

I think Green and W.Agar are some of the better rookies this season so if I run one of them instead of a Fawad Ahmed or similar type during their DGW, I think it won’t be too bad

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
I see your point now.

Wondering if you have both Abbott and Curran as Sixers? If I could fit in Jordan instead of a Steketee or Henriques I would but cash wise it’d have to be instead of Sams, Khawaja or Abbott.

I think Green and W.Agar are some of the better rookies this season so if I run one of them instead of a Fawad Ahmed or similar type during their DGW, I think it won’t be too bad
I'm tinkering around but yes Jordan would have to be a sacrifice of a ~$170k DGW player. Probably a heat or thunder player as the Sixers have that second DGR. Someone who you think could drop some cash straight up with two poor games. But how to predict that? I need to look closer at the match ups and try to predict winners like we do when the finals start and you are trying to work out which type of player from which side you want.

I think the trick is to count your top line DGRs across the first 3 rounds rather than just a straight DGR count.

It's to search out that reliable Andre Russell type SGR starter with a DGR upcoming. Maybe I am over-estimating Jordan's scoring.

Last edited:

Young gun

AFL Club
GWS Giants
I see your point now.

If Green isn't able to bowl he'll basically be a Western Australian Milenko! I wouldn't put too much faith in him.

AFL Club
Essendon
How confident are you that both Laughlin & Steketee even play let alone both games ?
I have seen chatter that Pattinson plays the second game. I think if he’s serious about the tests he wouldn’t play in the BBL but I’ll have to rely on the news closer to the first game

Steketee in strong domestic form and Laughlin definitely plays given the Heat don’t have a good death bowler. I guess I’ll hope Lalor misses out if Pattinson plays.

I have seen chatter that Pattinson plays the second game. I think if he’s serious about the tests he wouldn’t play in the BBL but I’ll have to rely on the news closer to the first game

Steketee in strong domestic form and Laughlin definitely plays given the Heat don’t have a good death bowler. I guess I’ll hope Lalor misses out if Pattinson plays.
I actually think Pattinson would likely play both games in round 1, if you think about it, the Perth test 12th-16th. He will not play, I’d expect him to be released from the squad to play, he’ll have ample time to get up there for the 17th then the next game on the 20th should really interfere with his preparations for the test on the 26th given, again, he will not play

Given this, I’m thinking heats best 11 might look like this
  1. Tom Banton
  2. Max Bryant
  3. Chris Lynn
  4. Matt Renshaw/Sam Heazlett
  5. James Peirson
  6. Ben Cutting
  7. James Pattinson
  8. Mark Steketee
  9. Mitch Swepson
  10. Zahir Khan
  11. Ben Laughlin

Zagbag

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Sydney
I actually think Pattinson would likely play both games in round 1, if you think about it, the Perth test 12th-16th. He will not play, I’d expect him to be released from the squad to play, he’ll have ample time to get up there for the 17th then the next game on the 20th should really interfere with his preparations for the test on the 26th given, again, he will not play

Given this, I’m thinking heats best 11 might look like this
  1. Tom Banton
  2. Max Bryant
  3. Chris Lynn
  4. Matt Renshaw/Sam Heazlett
  5. James Peirson
  6. Ben Cutting
  7. James Pattinson
  8. Mark Steketee
  9. Mitch Swepson
  10. Zahir Khan
  11. Ben Laughlin
I think it’s slightly too light on batting - especially when you’ve got firecrackers like Bryant and Lynn there.

Having Peirson at 5 (who is hopeless) is playing with fire - hence why I think they could lose a bowler (Swepson?) and play both Renshaw and Heazlett

AFL Club
Collingwood

Cheers for that.

The whole Heat bowling scenario was confusing me too much so took them all out 😀

Be a lot easier if we know in advance re Patto (personally I think he only plays the first) and if they go 7 including Peirson it leaves Lalor/Laughlin/Patto/Steketee + the 2 spinners.

Watching Laughlin last season , thought he was lucky the Strikers didn't drop him, think he should have just gone back to Noosa and enjoyed retirement 😀

Don't mind Steketee , think 2-3 seasons ago he got a heap of wickets and is cheap enough.

2 weeks to go to find out