Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
not 100% convinced , but hopefully it will provide a solid start

Khawaja , Lynn , Banton , Hales , Henriques (White , Harris)

Nevill (Philippe)

Curran , Cutting , Sams , Agar , Morris (Paris , Green)

will then need to turn the 6-7 Heat/Thunder players into Scorchers & Strikers.

any more news on DreRuss or Pooran recently ?

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey guys, how likely Lloyd Pope will make the team across the first 3 rounds?
Would say unlikely at this stage. SOK is easily the number one spinner and the Sixers usually go with pace for the rest of their bowling attack. Pope may play on a spin friendly pitch but it’s hard to see the Sixers making room for him with a likely preferred bowling lineup of SOK, Abbott, Curran, Dwarshius and Bird.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
South Africa’s T20 Mzansi Super League SC Scores for BBL listed players

Match score for each player with tournament average in brackets.

Match 5 (Washed out after 7.1 overs)
Morris: 93 (90.5)
De Villiers: 11 (11)
Dunk: 0 (8)

Match 6
Livingstone: 102 (58)
Steyn: 36 (51)
Christian: 12 (21)

Match 7
Abandoned due to rain

Match 8
Dunk: 102 (39.3)
Morris: 82 (87.7)
Christian: 5 (15.7)

AFL Club
North Melb.
South Africa’s T20 Mzansi Super League SC Scores for BBL listed players

Match score for each player with tournament average in brackets.

Match 5 (Washed out after 7.1 overs)
Morris: 93 (90.5)
De Villiers: 11 (11)
Dunk: 0 (8)

Match 6
Livingstone: 102 (58)
Steyn: 36 (51)
Christian: 12 (21)

Match 7
Abandoned due to rain

Match 8
Dunk: 102 (39.3)
Morris: 82 (87.7)
Christian: 5 (15.7)
Morris averaging 87.7 after 3 ?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
A couple of questions for the experts, for the benefit of those trying to adjust from AFL to BBL:

- In AFL SC, player prices move by $440 for every point they score above/below their breakeven. What is the BBL equivalent please?

- Does anyone have a benchmark figure in mind for the value of a trade? I’m thinking it must be materially lower than in AFL given that you can turn over c. 19% of your squad every week versus c. 4.5% on average.

- What do you regard as a suitable VC score to lock in, let’s say in a single game week? I would think of c. 120 as the AFL equivalent, depending on who my C options are.

Any thoughts would be appreciated ?

AFL Club
Sydney
A couple of questions for the experts, for the benefit of those trying to adjust from AFL to BBL:

- In AFL SC, player prices move by $440 for every point they score above/below their breakeven. What is the BBL equivalent please?

- Does anyone have a benchmark figure in mind for the value of a trade? I’m thinking it must be materially lower than in AFL given that you can turn over c. 19% of your squad every week versus c. 4.5% on average.

- What do you regard as a suitable VC score to lock in, let’s say in a single game week? I would think of c. 120 as the AFL equivalent, depending on who my C options are.

Any thoughts would be appreciated ?
Unless you have an exceptionally balanced squad that means you don’t need to make a trade (unlikely given the desire to stack teams with dgw players), saving trades is actually a waste as we can use 3 for every round.

Usually 100 is the benchmark for BBL, even 90 in a single game round is acceptable given the volatility of cricket fantasy. Sometimes better to bank it than rely on a batsman to have a day out.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Morris averaging 87.7 after 3 ?
Yep. The only worry though is that Morris’ team is undefeated and top of the ladder and if they make the Final then it’s unlikely that he will be back in time for the Thunder’s first game. Top of the ladder automatically qualifies for the Final while 2nd and 3rd play an eliminator for the other spot in the Final.

AFL Club
Carlton
Back for another round! Hopefully I'll actually see this season out - last season dragged in a big way.

As usual I tried not to get into too much groupthink before making my picks but I'll definitely use it to refine. And change my mind. And make multiple mistakes. All part of the fun, right?

Alpha draft:
BAT: Khawaja (c), Hales, Lynn, Banton, Hughes (S Marsh, Sutherland)
WKP: Phillippe (Dunk)
BWL: Curran, Henriques, Mujeeb, Morris, Fawad (W Agar, Ca Green)

Toughest decision for me is around Banton. As soon as I heard how he was doing in the Blast I mentally locked him in, but it's been rightly pointed out that English batsmen have struggled to adjust early on (especially if they're uncapped). However, I continue to be unimpressed by Brisbane's bowling stocks and they're probably going to have to put up mammoth scores to be competitive. I'm still on the fence.

Khawaja and Morris obviously require backup plans, but hopefully they're not needed. :)

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unless you have an exceptionally balanced squad that means you don’t need to make a trade (unlikely given the desire to stack teams with dgw players), saving trades is actually a waste as we can use 3 for every round.

Usually 100 is the benchmark for BBL, even 90 in a single game round is acceptable given the volatility of cricket fantasy. Sometimes better to bank it than rely on a batsman to have a day out.
Thanks mate, that’s helpful.

I usually like to use c. 150 as a benchmark trade value in AFL to make sure I’m using them effectively, but I take your point about getting three every round. My sense is that managing DGWs and byes will be the focus anyway so it will be rare to not find a good use for them.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Assembled my core group and the remaining players will likely be decided by the amount of basement rookies available in Bat and WK, eg 1-2. In regards to the remaining on-field spots a Renegade will likely feature- M Nabi/S Marsh/A Finch and current plans for RD2 involve utilising C Lynn as an avenue to R Khan and 1 of A Carey/P Salt/B Laughlin to be selected as well.
1573961213904.png

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
9. Mohammad Nabi (Melbourne Renegades) 2018 SCBBL average: 51.9 $149,200

Nabi’s bowling role was diminished last summer by the arrival of Cameron Boyce and he often bats too low in the order to be a significant SuperCoach factor. You don’t want to be relying on collapses.

VERDICT: Nabi had too many scores under 50 last summer to be in the mix for BBL09 SuperCoach teams.

Hmmm - I must admit I had him in my draft side, but this doesn’t sound great. Is it a fair assessment?