Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone know much about Z.Khan? Likely type or overpriced? Interests me as a left arm wrist spinner, think he could trouble a few.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone know much about Z.Khan? Likely type or overpriced? Interests me as a left arm wrist spinner, think he could trouble a few.
Exact same price as Dale Steyn who is a modern day legend , even though Zahir has played 2 Tests

worth contacting the organisers asking how they justify that.

the majority of the Big Bash batsmen last year had no idea against any OS leg spinner and keep thinking how effective Brad Hogg was even in his later years.

Could be a nice POD if you are brave enough.

AFL Club
Collingwood
is Pope a realistic chance of playing ?

5 games in the first 3 weeks @ $ 62,500.00 , only needs to Jag a few wickets + dot balls + ER

The Big 5 + Abbott/Bird/Curran/Dwarshuis & SOK + Pope.

Maybe wishful thinking on my behalf.

Looking for a alternative if Patto only plays the first of the Heat's DWG and then is replaced by Laughlin or Steketee for the other

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
It’s funny you should say that about Vince. His form has actually dipped in recent times with SC scores of just 11 and 2 in his last two outings.

He’s almost the Buddy Franklin equivalent of AFL SC! Will the roller coaster be high up in the air or down on the ground for his double games in round 1?
I see what you mean but still think overall he’s in good enough form to start and then possibly flip at his bye

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Exact same price as Dale Steyn who is a modern day legend , even though Zahir has played 2 Tests

worth contacting the organisers asking how they justify that.

the majority of the Big Bash batsmen last year had no idea against any OS leg spinner and keep thinking how effective Brad Hogg was even in his later years.

Could be a nice POD if you are brave enough.
Oh brilliant I thought Steyn was coming out later in the season. I think I’ve found my last bowling spot. No bye before the round 5 double as well. Cheers mate.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Currently running with:

Khawaja Lynn Sams Vince Banton (Sutherland Green)

Phillipe (Neville)

Curran Abbott Ahmad Morris Laughlin (W.Agar Ellis)

Seems fairly run of the mill 10/11 DGR players and Qais underpriced, anything stand out to anyone as a mistake or missing someone with good value?

AFL Club
Adelaide
Is there a reason to not start Jordan? I’m not seeing him talked about much apart from his price. Is he missing the early games?

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is there a reason to not start Jordan? I’m not seeing him talked about much apart from his price. Is he missing the early games?
I think most are starting 10-11 DG players so there’s just no room for him in starting sides. I will be considering him in round 2 in preparation for his round 3 DG.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I think most are starting 10-11 DG players so there’s just no room for him in starting sides. I will be considering him in round 2 in preparation for his round 3 DG.
I had a team with 10 DGW plus Jordan. It’s one more DGW in R3. I’m wary of a Thunder/Sixers loading having been burned in the by these teams on DGWs.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had a team with 10 DGW plus Jordan. It’s one more DGW in R3. I’m wary of a Thunder/Sixers loading having been burned in the by these teams on DGWs.
Interesting - is there something about those sides (eg they mix up their XIs), or is it more just bad luck/bad experience with them?

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thunder and rain affected games scare me ... or even the lights going out :) ... but have a few of them regardless ... surely lightning can't strike 3 times in 3 years but the farmers would appreciate it !!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
My current team only has 7 DG players, and I'm reasonably happy with everyone in it. Guessing this is not going to be enough?

I do understand the concept that you want to max the number of DG players out so you get two scores from each of those players, but I'm struggling to find enough players from these three teams that I'm confident will get two decent scores (or even 1 good, 1 bad score), let alone two good scores.

I'll probably end up making a few more changes and end up running with 9 DG players, but fully expecting to pick the wrong ones.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
It may depend on your bench and starting Sixers whether you end up with an extra DGW in R3 or not.

I currently have 4 Sixers and have 2 Strikers and 1 Scorcher on the bench. So I only need 4 out of my 6 trades over the next two rounds to be full DGW in R3.

He’s only 20 and is pretty new to the scene, played a few CPL games and T10 league matches, I was checking. Seemed medium but ok, but at $170k he is well well over priced, considering mujeeb was basement priced last year, it’s disappointing supercoach has priced him the way they have

AFL Club
Hawthorn
He’s only 20 and is pretty new to the scene, played a few CPL games and T10 league matches, I was checking. Seemed medium but ok, but at $170k he is well well over priced, considering mujeeb was basement priced last year, it’s disappointing supercoach has priced him the way they have
Great info, thanks. Bit of a noodle scratcher why they thought giving him a high SP was necessary. Prices seem a little all over the shop this year.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
My current team only has 7 DG players, and I'm reasonably happy with everyone in it. Guessing this is not going to be enough?

I do understand the concept that you want to max the number of DG players out so you get two scores from each of those players, but I'm struggling to find enough players from these three teams that I'm confident will get two decent scores (or even 1 good, 1 bad score), let alone two good scores.

I'll probably end up making a few more changes and end up running with 9 DG players, but fully expecting to pick the wrong ones.
I’m currently running with 9 DG players, and trying to work it so that I can loop the other two players. I don’t think I will go with 11 because I can see both Sydney teams losing both their matches, and I am limiting myself to 4 Heat players.

Currently for the SG players I am looping S Marsh with Handscomb and Green with Gurney / Ahmad / Steyn - I am not as settled on a bowler yet. If Marsh and/or Green score well then Handscomb and/or the bowler I end up choosing will become Strikers. Handscomb can also serve a double purpose to switch if my DG keeper fails.

AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood

Interesting how people see things , I am actually having trouble who to leave out from the 3 sides , could comfortably start 15-18 of them ?

Banton , Bryant , Cutting , Lynn , Patto/Steketee/Laughlin , Zahir
Abbott , Curran , Dwarshuis , Henriques , Hughes , Philippe , SOK
Hales , Khawaja , Morris , Sams , Tremain

have all been in and out of my side at some stage

EDIT

+ after all that , I will be probably fielding Pierson onfield Week 1 if I finally settle on a side

Last edited: