SC BBL|11: Elite XI

AFL Club
North Melb.
It was basically a case of the have and the have nots in respect of RK19 for round 11 and @blue dreamer was one of the haves and has ascended to the lead from 2nd after round 10. Unfortunately @50 shades of Wade was a have not and has now dropped out of the lead to 11th.

Slightly disappointingly the 2nd to 4th are by unidentified group members and with @doc ron being second amongst identified members after only joining the group relatively recently.

1642148488970.png

AFL Club
North Melb.
Not a lot of change this round as it gets hard to improve on scores. @blue dreamer maintains the lead despite not improving their score and in fact only @doc ron, @50 shades of Wade and @Young gun did improve their score this round amongst the top bracket.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the last round as many teams I think will have lots of DGRs players which provides a lot of opportunities for scores to change however it has to be a pretty exceptional game now for it to be included.

1642334259686.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
Louie's Legends is crowned the inaugural winner of the SCS BBL Elite XI. Louie's victory margin was a quite astonishing 32 points after only a few points had separated the top positions for most of the season. Louie rode home on the combined exploits of Cameron Boyce and Glenn Maxwell in the final 2 games to improve his score by 113 points in the final round and move from 4th to 1st. Slightly disappointingly Louie's Legend is a not an identified member of SCS so may very well not know about his stunning achievement. If anybody would like to lay claim to this team then don't be shy.

@50 shades of Wade also had the 2 big scorers on the final day to improve his score by 118 points and move up from 11th to 2nd having held the lead after 10 rounds. Meritorious performance from 50 shades.

@doc ron only jumped on the Elite XI train half way along its journey and will be glad he did because he has 3rd place to show for it. Doc improved his score by 81 points in the final round thanks to Glenn Maxwell. Doc finished only 2 points from 2nd.

Honourable mention to @Blue dreamer who held the lead at the end of the last 2 rounds however despite having the amazing Maxwell he already had a 150 point Maxwell score counting where as the 2 that finished immediately above him only had a 121 from Maxwell so he couldn't hold them off.

1642666548723.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
I suppose I can thank you all for participating but I really didn't give you a choice. This was a concept I was really keen to explore because, if I am honest, BBL SC is not as much fun as it should be and I wanted to come up with something that didn't leave you in the doldrums most nights. Therefore I thank you for taking an interest and indulging my whim.

The other reason for running it is because history has told me I do much better in the main comp when I run a second comp; 2 season ago I ran the sweep and finished 93rd, last year I didn't run anything and did terrible, and this year I ran this comp and finished 237th (albeit a bit disappointed with that).

I must say I was a little nervous after a few rounds that there might be very little change after half way but luckily people kept adding to the score right up the very last game. I did consider introducing a 2nd round but don't like shifting the goal post half way through and didn't think that was true to the Elite XI concept. However I might think about that for future editions.

As always happy to take any feedback or suggestions for the future (no guarantee I will listen to them though).

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
I suppose I can thank you all for participating but I really didn't give you a choice. This was a concept I was really keen to explore because, if I am honest, BBL SC is not as much fun as it should be and I wanted to come up with something that didn't leave you in the doldrums most nights. Therefore I thank you for taking an interest and indulging my whim.

The other reason for running it is because history has told me I do much better in the main comp when I run a second comp; 2 season ago I ran the sweep and finished 93rd, last year I didn't run anything and did terrible, and this year I ran this comp and finished 237th (albeit a bit disappointed with that).

I must say I was a little nervous after a few rounds that there might be very little change after half way but luckily people kept adding to the score right up the very last game. I did consider introducing a 2nd round but don't like shifting the goal post half way through and didn't think that was true to the Elite XI concept. However I might think about that for future editions.

As always happy to take any feedback or suggestions for the future (no guarantee I will listen to them though).
Thanks for running this b2d, it certainly kept me interested when my interest could have waned.
It would seem leading into the last round is not the preferred position.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Given I collected every score for every game as part of this comp I was curious to have a look at a few things. Firstly how each position scores relative to one another. It will come as no surprise to many that Bowl onlys score much better than Bat onlys and the following chart proves that point at least for this season. This charts all scores for each category from highest to lowest and shows a clear advantage to bowlers noting the possible distortion created by the fact there are 42 more bowling scores than batting scores. For completeness I have also included DPPs however given they have considerably fewer scores you would need to be careful about drawing too many conclusions from them.

Note that this is the score from each game and not the round score which would include 2 games for DGR players.

1642747520230.png