SC BBL|12: Elite XI

AFL Club
North Melb.
Let's face it we all hate BBL Supercoach at least some of the time (and probably most of it) and we only play because we are totally addicted to fantasy sports and are hardwired to participate whether we want to or not. The benched player that goes large, the fielded player that doesn't bat and doesn't bowl, always making the wrong call on whether to lock in the VC or roll the dice on the C, the newly traded in super premo who scores single figures, the DGR gun bowler who takes 1 wicket across 2 games, the dropped catch when you own the fielder and bowler (and everybody else owns the batter), the DGR player who misses the 2nd game, the list goes on and on (and on). Wouldn't it be nice if we had a fantasy game that enhanced our enjoyment of watching the actual game rather than detracting from it most of the time.

Introducing the SuperCoachScores BBL Elite XI which is an alternative Supercoach competition designed to reduce the frustration factor of the main game and gives you something to follow when you inevitably get fed up and are looking for the delete team button.

How does it work?
  • Your total score will comprise just 11 scores achieved by a player in a game for the whole BBL season;
    • Your highest scoring keeper
    • Your 5 highest scoring batsmen
    • Your 5 highest scoring bowlers
  • Bench players scores will be included
  • DPP Players will only be considered in their selected position
  • Each game counts individually for DGR players (ie not the aggregate of both games)
Why does it reduce the frustration factor?
  • Your score can only go up, it can't go down
  • If one of your players misses out it doesn't cost you.
  • You effectively get at least 16 chances (more with DGRs) each round to improve your score
How do I play?
  • Join the SuperCoach Scores Group 699627 here and I will do the rest. There are currently 93 teams in the group.
Why no captain?
  • I would have liked to include your highest scoring captain as part of your team however unfortunately I can't easily extract that information off the SC website. I can only do it manually and that takes way too long.

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
Standings after round 1.

Note
  • I know this is hideously hard to read. I will work out a better format.
  • I have only filled in the SCS Names that are obvious or I know off the top of my head. I will be able to determine a lot more when I work through the posts.
1639225273508.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure I like this, 11th in the group for regular SC, only 59th here. (Keep the Faith is my team).

I'm sure I'll probably end up near the bottom of both comps as usual, so they will even out that way.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks

Paragraph 1 doesn’t really match paragraph 2…
Yeah, it doesn't match yet. I still expect to finish bottom half in the group, as I am restricting my team to certain players only this season. As most here can pick anyone they like, they should have an advantage.

I'm very surprised I'm still scoring reasonably competitively this year. I am purposely including 9 WKP in my team all season, hence the team name. I can't see myself getting good scores every round when I can't select any BAT only players and can only field a max of 5 BAT/BWL players as bowlers. It definitely restricts my options quite a bit, but I'm enjoying the challenge anyway.

Good idea for this competition, I'll probably end up taking more interest in this one later in the season as my SC scores drop off.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Standings after round 2. Note purple shaded scores were achieved in round 2 and improved your score.

Apologies - ignore these results. I have made a fundamental error in extracting the round 2 teams. I will resolve tonight.

1639313129460.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
@Beg2Differ dunno if you missed it or if I’m wrong, but saw that I still have Duckett as my highest scorer when Philippe scored 102 as keeper last round. You’ve got him down as Bat 2 instead. Agar was my next best bat score for 56 from round 1 if that helps to sort it out
Yes I have a problem. I have just realised I have extracted the round 1 teams again thinking they were the round 2 teams. Need to rerun the extraction which takes a while. I will do that tonight.

Thanks for pointing it out.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Hopefully I have ironed out all the kinks with my process now and these results are accurate.

Note that one reasonably obvious likelihood that I overlooked when designing the rules was the potential for one player to fill multiple spots in your best scores. I have agonised over whether this is desirable or not and I have decided that a player can only fill one spot in your XI. I thought it would become a bit ridiculous if one player was providing 4 or 5 of the 11 scores. Note I can also see the case for the opposite. This means that where one player qualifies to occupy multiple spots in your XI they will actually occupy the spot that maximises your score and this will depend on what the alternative score is for each spot.

As for this round Mrs @Rowsus had a stellar round to improve her score by 291 points, jumping up 51 places to first place. Mr @Rowsus also had a good round to move to 3rd. @Melmo is in between preventing the domestics in 2nd place.

I still have some ideas to refine the format but hopefully this is easy enough to follow for now.

Note this has proven a little trickier than I expect to set up so please point out anything that doesn't look right.

1639473390916.png

Last edited: