Discussion SC BBL|11: Diabolical wins $25k major prize...!!!

AFL Club
Gold Coast
With no Phil Salt this year, they’re looking for a new opener. So I reckon whichever one of Short, Gibson or Nielsen gets first crack at the opening gig will be a good indication of who will stay in the team when Carey and Renshaw return.
I think it’s a pretty simple prospect. Whoever performs best of Nielson, Short and Gibson holds there spot. If two absolutely kill it, and Wells is poor; could also see him losing his spot.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Getting a bit more comfortable with my bench.

Gilkes the obvious one as WK bench.

In BAT I will have the cheap opening batsman for the Strikers and I think I can get away with holding Finch until he’s available after planning out my on-field team over the first few rounds.

Then BWL bench is A Agar and hoping one of Sully/Willans plays. Although their JS is terrible at least if one plays the Heat’s first game then we should get a DG score from them. Then by the time they are dropped when the Heat’s cavalry returns, both Agar and Finch should be available. Kerr also in contention if named round 1 but would prefer one of the 42k Heat options.

AFL Club
Collingwood
( Gilkes )
(Finch , Kerr *)
(Owen * /Paris , Kann *)

got my Short DPP link ✓ @Professor

$ 0 remaining team ✓ @Connoisseur

no Hughes 😂 @Connoisseur 🤗

been advocating follow the fixture and now have 3 Hurricanes in my onfield XI 🤔

better check trade plan and see if it all fits for Round 2-4

Last edited:

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
( Gilkes )
(Finch , Kerr *)
(Owen * /Paris , Kann *)

better checky trade plan and see if it all fits for Round 2-4
How many on that bench are you expecting to play round 1?

AFL Club
Collingwood
How many on that bench are you expecting to play round 1?
Gilkes ✓
Kerr likely
Need updates on Finch & Paris

query on Meredith so Kann/Owen might be closer than we think.

Bowl bench I will need a donut to take my VC score in any case

Trading out my 3 Heat players Round 2 so won't need bench cover.

Keeping only Rashid Round 3 so hopefully Finch is playing and then will swing D Short & Kann for cover.

One of my bench will be traded to A Agar in Round 3.

Round 4 could be problematic depending on how many Stars I plan to keep.

If I know Finch is out for a extended time & Whiteman is signed by the Renegades and $ 62.5 will just do a straight swap.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
( Gilkes )
(Finch , Kerr *)
(Owen * /Paris , Kann *)

better checky trade plan and see if it all fits for Round 2-4
Onto a winner with no Hughes and no cash left. ;) Just remember that the Hurricanes face the Sixers in both RD1 and RD2.

AFL Club
Geelong
With no Phil Salt this year, they’re looking for a new opener. So I reckon whichever one of Short, Gibson or Nielsen gets first crack at the opening gig will be a good indication of who will stay in the team when Carey and Renshaw return.
Short doesnt even bat up the order in grade cricket I can't really see him suddenly being the answer, expect it will be Nielsen with Gibson at 3.

Last edited:

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gilkes ✓
Kerr likely
Need updates on Finch & Paris

query on Meredith so Kann/Owen might be closer than we think.

Bowl bench I will need a donut to take my VC score in any case

Trading out my 3 Heat players Round 2 so won't need bench cover.

Keeping only Rashid Round 3 so hopefully Finch is playing and then will swing D Short & Kann for cover.

One of my bench will be traded to A Agar in Round 3.

Round 4 could be problematic depending on how many Stars I plan to keep.

If I know Finch is out for a extended time & Whiteman is signed by the Renegades and $ 62.5 will just do a straight swap.
Okay so sounds like your plan will be to start at least 3 that are actually named round 1 which sounds good to me.

I think anybody who starts with 3 or more that aren’t named round 1 are going to have a bad time.

1637814158146.png

v2, after posting v1 a week ago. Little heavier on the DGW, but have mapped out the plan for RD 2-4.

Few ramblings:

- Bazley 3% owned is very surprising. 3-4 overs, and a lock at 8. Unsure who's supposed to be bowling at the death if he isn't (Bartlett/Wildermuth are more the swing it up front type). Concerns around Bartletts return from a back injury has me steering clear.

- Unless Curran goes nuts game 1 with VC I'm all in on Wildermuth.

- I feel Nielsen gets the first crack at opening for Strikers. Rashid/Ahmed/Short hopefully brings stumping chances.

- Almost certain to go with 2 of Sandeep/Boyce/Kelly. The more I look into Kelly, the more I love the pick, especially at 1% ownership. Starved of opportunity last year, 27 wickets in 21 career games @ 8.18 has my interest. No Richardson (I suspect for the whole summer) and Hardie still not able to bowl leaves him as the 3rd seamer behind Tye/Dorff, with Dorff more suited to bowling up front anyway. Dorff hasn't been named in tomorrows WA game, so I wonder if injury has re-occured once again. Maneti/Kerr look appealing on the double with Sixers bowling injury ward.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Onto a winner with no Hughes and no cash left. ;) Just remember that the Hurricanes face the Sixers in both RD1 and RD2.
Thought you would be happy with the Hughes news , still think he is possibly the best Bat Bench option amongst a dozen or so

be Happy Shorts fills his boots before DC/TC dismiss him and my 2 Hurricane bowlers can let Philippe score and get everyone else out.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Bazley v Bartlett debate is an interesting one.

After giving it some thought, I think if the Heat pick Cooper then it’s likely they will have just the five bowlers and Bazley does become very appealing. If they opt for no Cooper hence six bowling options then I think Bartlett is far more appealing. So I’m thinking with that selection I will decide once the XI is locked in for the Heat.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Okay so sounds like your plan will be to start at least 3 that are actually named round 1 which sounds good to me.

I think anybody who starts with 3 or more that aren’t named round 1 are going to have a bad time.
Plenty of options for Bat bench, think the better option if they don't start Round 1 is just to get 2 x DPP players on the Bowl Bench (helps down the track with trades as well) so Agar , Hinchliffe , Kann, Kerr , Renshaw etc etc

I guess if we all hold Finch and have a donut for C , we are down to 3 in any case (Gilkes + 2)

Elliott could even be a option depending on 3rd OS , Hatcher & Stanlake (haven't seen updates on either)

Heat could have some options amongst their LRP's.

Renshaw would have been a perfect C choice for Round 1 - 3 if they didn't play Game 1 Round 2.

Looks like many are planning to get a bench player to Agar in Round 3 , haven't thought about getting Renshaw in Round 4 but that could be a option as well.

Tibor

Draftee
Getting a bit more comfortable with my bench.

Then BWL bench is A Agar and hoping one of Sully/Willans plays. Although their JS is terrible at least if one plays the Heat’s first game then we should get a DG score from them. Then by the time they are dropped when the Heat’s cavalry returns, both Agar and Finch should be available. Kerr also in contention if named round 1 but would prefer one of the 42k Heat options.
What does 'JS' mean? I'm guessing 'chance at starting', but I cannot guess the acronym..
thanks

AFL Club
Geelong
What would people prefer:

Play Hughes round 1 and 2, or
Loop Gilkes into Wells round 1, play Wells round 2
Think Wells clearly leads this bunch myself, averaged 40-50 2 of the last 3 years and we are getting him for 76K with a Round 2 DGW, especially with how **** their top order is for the first 2-3 rounds.