Discussion BBL Big Bash SuperCoach Discussion

Players' prices have always changed after the completion of Rd1 in both Fantasy BBL and SC BBL, at least since I've been playing.

This is confirmed under the SC BBL website i Team Editing and Trades under the header Trades and Team Value. I'm om my phone so can't post but if you can't find it or are still in doubt, let me know and I'll post an exerpt when I'm next on my computer.
All good, I am happy to trust you. Cheers for the clarification!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Renegades have completed their international signings with Usman Khan Shinwari playing the first 7 matches and Harry Gurney replacing him for the rest of the tournament.
Never heard of them.

Pakistan left arm bowler with 9 x ODI , 13 x T20's.

Englishman who has played 10 ODI's and 2 x T20's.

Everyone must be playing in the UAE them going to Bangladesh.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I think the salary is generous enough to mean you don’t need to have non-players or non-scorers clogging up your bench… ditto Harvey and Jewell – they won’t play and you’ll regret the wasted space.

I suspect Sean will probably get dropped from the Test side, leaving the Scorchers as

Marsh
Klinger
Inglis
Cartwright
Turner
Agar
Willey
NCN
Behrendorff
Tye
Paris/Jyhe.

Paris/Jhye could easily come out of that side - and be replaced by Whiteman for an extra bat. Don't think Philippe has a contract but he's highly regarded and it wouldn't be a shock if he played.
Interested to see your bench then if you are not picking the cheapies on offer.

Shaun is safe , Labuschagne & Head have done very little , so expect if changes occur it will be for them.

Can't see why they signed Qadir and not going to play him , CA might step in on selection , be anxious to see him play with the T20 2020 World Cup in mind.

Think I read that Bancroft can return on the 30th December so maybe they can play someone as a replacement player up until then.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Damn Sutherland wasn't quite the best placeholder for Pope. Gotta have him though with that double game round early on as well. Can't afford Henriques or SMarsh anymore and need to go down to Klinger.

Also saw a predicted line up of the Heat on Twitter and it had Pattinson batting at 7. From memory, he's a pretty handy batter as well so possibly gets quite a few runs too. That really makes him hard not to start!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Looking at Lamichhane's draw, he plays in Sydney in Rounds 1 and 3 and Hobart and MCG in Rounds 2 and 4. Sydney wickets are typically slower and better for spinners so I think if you start Lamichhane you'd probably want to have him on field in Rounds 1 and 3.

The Pattinson and Lamichhane tag team strategy isn't bad but means you miss out on Lamichhane on field in round 1 by default. Currently, I've got Lamichhane and Lehman so I could play Lamichhane in Rnd 1 and 3 and Lehman in Rnd 2 when he plays in Hobart (which might not be as good for spinners?). The Pattinson bye is quite annoying for sure. His price automatically stalls for 2 rounds as you probably can't trade him out immediately at a basement price.

Currently at:

D.Short, Lynn, McCullum, SMarsh, NCN (Lehman, Sangha)
Inglis (McDermott)
Khan, Tye, Willey, Dorf, Lamicchane (J.Edwards, Sutherland (placeholder for POPE))
4k in bank

I've brought in SMarsh and Lamicchane for the time being (instead of Klinger and Henriques). The team above is relying on Dorf, NCN and SMarsh (or Henriques) to stick around in the side long term as underpriced premiums.
What if you lose SMarsh and play McDermott onfield , then pick Handscomb/Dunk/Nevill as you bench WK.

allows you Pattinson and Pope by swapping JEdwards to bat and losing Lehmann.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Damn Sutherland wasn't quite the best placeholder for Pope. Gotta have him though with that double game round early on as well. Can't afford Henriques or SMarsh anymore and need to go down to Klinger.

Also saw a predicted line up of the Heat on Twitter and it had Pattinson batting at 7. From memory, he's a pretty handy batter as well so possibly gets quite a few runs too. That really makes him hard not to start!
Pattinson at 7 , followed by the 2 leggies and Doggett & Steketee I am guessing.

Peirson @ 5 , Cutting & 6

maybe no room for Heazlett with Burns , Lynn , McCullum & Ross ahead of him.

AFL Club
Sydney
Heazlett definitely above Ross. Sweepologist almost certainly behind Bryant as well.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Just giving this a bump

------------------------------

Hi guys, I have created some cash leagues for those interested. Not sure which will fill (if any) so will just keep them available for now. Feel free to join as many leagues as you please.

$30 cash league (14 man league)
Grand final winner: $150
Runner up $50
Highest rank: $150
Second highest rank: $50

IN: IDIG, Tex, THCLT, Diabolical, doc ron, Tails, Ben's Beasts (7 spots left)

$10 cash league - league focus (6 man league)
Grand final winner - Winner takes all $55

$10 cash league - overall focus (6 man league)
Highest ranked - Winner takes all $55

IN (both): IDIG, Diabolical, Tex, Tails (2 spots left)

Some of you have credit with me so feel free to use that for any/all of these comps. Entry includes a gold coin donation, which will go to the running costs of the site.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Sydney
Never heard of them.

Pakistan left arm bowler with 9 x ODI , 13 x T20's.

Englishman who has played 10 ODI's and 2 x T20's.

Everyone must be playing in the UAE them going to Bangladesh.
Interesting. Shinwari will do a job but he's no world beater.

I've played against Gurney a couple of times. Decent enough quick, lots of limited overs experience

AFL Club
Sydney
Scorchers have always done things differently, they're not afraid to make big calls. They didn't have an issue with dropping Carberry as the overseas player.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Chris Jordan and Anton Devcich signed by the Thunder for Buttler and Root when they go to the Caribbean.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting. Shinwari will do a job but he's no world beater.

I've played against Gurney a couple of times. Decent enough quick, lots of limited overs experience
CA may have to look at their whole scheduling structure of the Big Bash.

Looks like all the "big" names will be in the UAE , pretty poor when your own Internationals players are only available for 1-2 games.

Be interesting how the public attend the extended season and coverage split on 7 and Fox.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Chris Jordan and Anton Devcich signed by the Thunder for Buttler and Root when they go to the Caribbean.
Thunder sign replacement imports

Sydney Thunder have signed England fast bowler Chris Jordan and Kiwi big hitter Anton Devcich as replacements for star England duo Jos Buttler and Joe Root in the second half of this season.

Buttler and Root will depart halfway through BBL|08 for England’s tour of the Caribbean, but the Thunder will be boosted by the inclusions of Jordan and Devcich in January.

A powerful left-handed batsman, Devcich hasn’t represented his country in more than two years but has developed into a T20 gun for hire around the world, this year playing in the Pakistan Super League, the Global T20 Canada League as well as the Caribbean and Afghanistan Premier Leagues.

Jordan, the former Adelaide Strikers quick who has played 74 matches for England across all formats, is an allrounder in every sense; a nippy right-armer bowler and handy lower-order batsman, he’s also one of the best fielders in the game, capable of producing something special in close and in the deep.

England’s tour of the West Indies begins with a tour match in Barbados on January 15, meaning Buttler and Root should be available for the Thunder’s first seven matches; home games against Melbourne Stars (in Canberra), Sydney Sixers, Perth Scorchers and Brisbane Heat and away matches against Hobart Hurricanes, Adelaide Strikers and the Stars.

Jordan and Devcich will be available for the Thunder’s final seven preliminary games, starting with their match against the Strikers on January 13, as well as the finals.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Usman Shinwari, Harry Gurney join Melbourne Renegades for 2018-19 BBL

Melbourne Renegades have signed left-arm seamers Usman Shinwari and Harry Gurney for the upcoming Big Bash League. Pakistan's Shinwari will be available for the first seven games, with England and Nottinghamshire seamer Gurney taking over for the second half of the season.

Shinwari, 24, has played 22 limited-overs internationals for Pakistan, featuring in the third T20I against Australia last month. He plays for Karachi Kings in the Pakistan Super League and has taken 57 T20 wickets at 20.24 in his career, with an economy of 7.28.

"I have watched the Big Bash with interest in recent years and I've been impressed with the quality of the competition," Shinwari said. "I'm hoping I can bring something different to the team with my bowling and help the Renegades push for success."

Gurney, 32, last represented England in 2014, but has honed a reputation as one of the best death-overs bowlers on the county circuit, and helped Nottinghamshire - where he plays alongside Melbourne Renegades' Daniel Christian - to lift the T20 Blast title in 2017. Armed with a variety of yorkers and slower balls, he has 134 T20 wickets, and a career economy of 7.77

"Dan spoke very positively about the competition so to get an opportunity to come and play with the Renegades is something I'm really grateful for," Gurney said. "I've had a fair bit of experience in T20 cricket in England so I'm really excited to test myself in Australian conditions.
"I have admired the BBL from afar for a few years and am thrilled to get an opportunity to play in the comp. There is plenty of talent in the Renegades squad so hopefully I can come in and play my role for the team and help us have a strong season."

The Renegades, who have never won the BBL but last year reached the semi-finals, have already secured Afghanistan allrounder Mohammad Nabi for a second spell as one of their overseas players. Christian is a new arrival, signed alongside Cameron Boyce from Hobart Hurricanes, with Aaron Finch once again captaining the team.

"We wanted to add in a left-arm seam option to provide some added variation to our attack and Harry and Usman will certainly provide that," Andrew McDonald, Renegades' coach, said. "They'll complement our bowling unit really well and give us plenty of options throughout the innings.

"In the last few months we've been able to add in some established Big Bash players in Dan Christian and Cameron Boyce, some exciting international talent and some really promising young players. We've also been able to retain the bulk of last season's squad so competition for spots in the final XI will be fierce."

AFL Club
Collingwood
Trent Copeland's side

think from memory he was very high up a few seasons back

Bat: Short * , Stoinis * , Lynn, MCullum, Henriques * ( Bryant , Sangha)

WK: McDermott (Inglis)

Bowl: Tye, Rashid Khan, Cutting * , Coulter-Nile * , Pattinson ( JEdwards * , Green)

4 Heat, 4 Scorchers

AFL Club
Collingwood
Prices have been released for the 4 newest signings:
C Jordan: 141,000
A Devcich: 73,000
U Khan-Shinwari: 75,000
H Gurney: 62,500
Devcich is a lockity lock lock when available at that price and is also a DPP

Usman Khan Shiwari must be of interest at that price (damn I have too many bowlers under consideration now) almost go 7 bowlers under $ 125,000.00 and load up huge in the Batting and WK position

already have Mennie, Richardson & Tremain but obviously signed him to play.

Harris, White
Christain, Cooper , nabi, Wildermuth all All Rounders
Ludeman
Richardson, Shinwari (Gurney) , Tremain
Boyce

Finch (Test)
Evans, Harvey, Mennie, Sutherland , Webster all miss out

1 to be added (Holland maybe)

AFL Club
Collingwood
just threw together myself a alternative side (5 minutes thinking)

Lynn , Willey * , Mohamma Nabi * , Denly , Coulter-Nile * (Usman Qadir * , Edwards/Sangha)

Carey (Inglis)

Rashid Khan, Behrendorff, Mujeeb Ur Rahman , Usman Shinwari , Pattinson (Lamicchane , Pope)

no Short or Tye :-( but part from that geez louise