Discussion BBL Big Bash SuperCoach Discussion

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just giving this a bump

------------------------------

Hi guys, I have created some cash leagues for those interested. Not sure which will fill (if any) so will just keep them available for now. Feel free to join as many leagues as you please.

$30 cash league (14 man league)
Grand final winner: $150
Runner up $50
Highest rank: $150
Second highest rank: $50

IN: IDIG, Tex, THCLT, Diabolical, doc ron (9 spots left)

$10 cash league - league focus (6 man league)
Grand final winner - Winner takes all $55

$10 cash league - overall focus (6 man league)
Highest ranked - Winner takes all $55

IN (both): IDIG, Diabolical, Tex (3 spots left)

Some of you have credit with me so feel free to use that for any/all of these comps. Entry includes a gold coin donation, which will go to the running costs of the site.
I'll have a go in all three if any spots are left.

Also looking for some leagues to join.

No idea about previous rankings (didn't keep any records) but have played each year.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just giving this a bump

------------------------------

Hi guys, I have created some cash leagues for those interested. Not sure which will fill (if any) so will just keep them available for now. Feel free to join as many leagues as you please.

$30 cash league (14 man league)
Grand final winner: $150
Runner up $50
Highest rank: $150
Second highest rank: $50

IN: IDIG, Tex, THCLT, Diabolical, doc ron, Tails (8 spots left)

$10 cash league - league focus (6 man league)
Grand final winner - Winner takes all $55

$10 cash league - overall focus (6 man league)
Highest ranked - Winner takes all $55

IN (both): IDIG, Diabolical, Tex, Tails (2 spots left)

Some of you have credit with me so feel free to use that for any/all of these comps. Entry includes a gold coin donation, which will go to the running costs of the site.
Yeah count me in for the $30 league mate.

just threw together myself a alternative side (5 minutes thinking)

Lynn , Willey * , Mohamma Nabi * , Denly , Coulter-Nile * (Usman Qadir * , Edwards/Sangha)

Carey (Inglis)

Rashid Khan, Behrendorff, Mujeeb Ur Rahman , Usman Shinwari , Pattinson (Lamicchane , Pope)

no Short or Tye :-( but part from that geez louise
Drop Carey and juggle to get Tye, then its damm impressive for a 5 minute throw together

AFL Club
Collingwood
Drop Carey and juggle to get Tye, then its damm impressive for a 5 minute throw together
Cheers mate

Not having Tye at the start is my biggest concern.

I am worried though if we all start Canes , Heat , Sixers , Scorchers & Strikers from the get go teams are all going to look the same.

Looks like the tactic will be to start 3 Heat , then trade them to 3 Strikers then to 3 Canes/Sixers.

I guess trading and planning from Week 4 comes into it.

AFL Club
Adelaide
@THCLT

In your thread for useful information, do you think that we could get the replacement international players and their likely (best guess) transition in/out time to help with our planning?

I.E Chris Jordan for Joe Root etc?

AFL Club
Collingwood
@THCLT

In your thread for useful information, do you think that we could get the replacement international players and their likely (best guess) transition in/out time to help with our planning?

I.E Chris Jordan for Joe Root etc?
England’s tour of the West Indies begins with a tour match in Barbados on January 15, meaning Buttler and Root should be available for the Thunder’s first seven matches; home games against Melbourne Stars (in Canberra), Sydney Sixers, Perth Scorchers and Brisbane Heat and away matches against Hobart Hurricanes, Adelaide Strikers and the Stars.

Jordan and Devcich will be available for the Thunder’s final seven preliminary games, starting with their match against the Strikers on January 13, as well as the finals.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Lynn, Willey, Watson, NCN, Qadir (Neser, Edwards)
Inglis (McDermott)
Tye, Khan, Behrendorff, Ur Rahman, Pattinson (Lamichanne, Pope)

Playing around with the team in the early stages. Looking at a 9-5-6-4 DGW start and work from there.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I can get a 9-5-6-5 side going this way (just need Edwards, Nevill & Pope to go gangbusters in their DWG)

Lynn, Willey, Buttler, Coulter-Nile, Qadir (Neser, Edwards)
Inglis (Nevill)
Tye, Stanlake, Behrendorff, Ur Rahman, Pattinson (Watson, Pope)

$ 22, 200.00

really like Neser & Stanlake playing at "home" in the first game.

Just will need Rashid to be tired from his South African trip.

Round 2 Trades will need to be Lynn, Tye/Willey , Mujeeb - > Carey, Rashid , ???

might then get caught with a Striker and Pattinson on my bowling bench for Week 3.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
For a bit of fun I just pulled together an 11 DGW players for round one ...

Lynn, Agar, Willey, McCallum, Qadir (Lehman, Sanga)
Inglis/Whiteman (Carey)
Tye, Cutting, Dorf, NCH, Pattinson (Pope, Edwards)

Interesting, as I still don’t feel I’ve nailed the right 11 from both teams, so what could possibly go wrong ...

Side could potentially go 11-5-5-4 DGW over first 4 rounds.

AFL Club
Collingwood
For a bit of fun I just pulled together an 11 DGW players for round one ...

Lynn, Agar, Willey, McCallum, Qadir (Lehman, Sanga)
Inglis/Whiteman (Carey)
Tye, Cutting, Dorf, NCH, Pattinson (Pope, Edwards)

Interesting, as I still don’t feel I’ve nailed the right 11 from both teams, so what could possibly go wrong ...

Side could potentially go 11-5-5-4 DGW over first 4 rounds.
you should have the 6 Scorchers bowlers

Klinger could come out and make runs

Heat could be Burns , Doggett , Steketee or Swepson

still one hell of a side

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm not completely across the player availability, but I presume Jos Buttler is available for the start and into his DGR?

Not seeing him a lot in starting sides but he has a good run into his DGR.

Plays Stars in Canberra (small ground where usually more runs scored), Sixers at SS (their bowling line up isn't that strong outside of Lyon, who's playing tests anyway - Pope possibly a threat?), and Hobart (Jofra the main threat). Then has Strikers and Perth in his DGR (who I think have the two strongest bowling line ups in the comp). If you're gonna get him at all, he might be worth starting? He has had some BIG scores in the IPL but scores have been average of late.

Might possibly be a POD instead of Inglis/McDermott in Round 1 if he starts off with a BANG in Canberra.

Last edited:

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm not completely across the player availability, but I presume Jos Buttler is available for the start and into his DGR?

Not seeing him a lot in starting sides but he has a good run into his DGR.

Plays Stars in Canberra (small ground where usually more runs scored), Sixer at SS (their bowling line up isn't that strong outside of Lyon and possibly Pope), and Hobart (Jofra the main threat). Then has Strikers and Perth in his DGR (who I think have the two strong bowling line ups in the comp). If you're gonna get him at all, he might be worth starting? He has had some BIG scores in the IPL but scores have been average of late.

Might possibly be a POD instead of Inglis/McDermott in Round 1 if he starts off with a BANG in Canberra.
Butler is very much in the mix for my starting team - the problem is I can’t have them all. Given the two Round 1 DGW teams don’t play each other, I am very likely to have 7 or 8 Heat/Scorchers in my side. That leaves room for 3 or 4 “premiums” from other sides. Will probably prioritise a player from each of the teams with DGWs in the following rounds - Strikers, Canes, Sixes & Thunder which is where Butler is in the mix - but then that worries me by not having and of the guns from the two Melbourne teams.

There are so many premium options I feel teams will be quite different without searching too hard for PODs. I imagine after the first round is completed we will all wish we had a bunch of players we didn’t choose. The best players can still go out first ball or get smashed around the park in Round 1. We will all be hoping for a little luck initially.and Butler’s early draw is certainly one of those options that could ihelp our chances of getting some!

I have not had one rendition of my team without Butler as WK. Set and forget until round 7. Either Dunk or Handscomb will be backup and likely never see the field (which is fine since they don't have a DG for donkeys, primarily there just to build cash. But you are right, I have seen few teams with him in, so very much a POD and one which can go bananas.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I have not had one rendition of my team without Butler as WK. Set and forget until round 7. Either Dunk or Handscomb will be backup and likely never see the field (which is fine since they don't have a DG for donkeys, primarily there just to build cash. But you are right, I have seen few teams with him in, so very much a POD and one which can go bananas.
Would you still pick him if he is not opening though ?

if Usssie is not fit for the first 2 tests, CA may want him to play for the Thunder, think last season Patterson opened quite a bit

they may end up batting :-

Usman
Paterson
Watto
Root
Ferguson ?
Buttler

Once he opened in the IPL though he scored about 5-6 50's in succession

AFL Club
Collingwood
Can anyone find any up-to-date info about Willey's back injury that forced him to miss the Sri Lanka series (ODI & T20)

AFL Club
Collingwood
anyone looking to loop Carey off the bench ? given the Heat and Strikers play first , almost a "free" hit to begin with ?

What would we need to lock him in or pass ?

anyone looking to loop Carey off the bench ? given the Heat and Strikers play first , almost a "free" hit to begin with ?

What would we need to lock him in or pass ?
Yes mate , currently have him on the keeper line.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't remember who it was (he lived in Sydney) but does anyone know how Watto is going in grade cricket this season ?

quick look last night shows he has not bowled yet (not sure if he may have old man's calf injury again or not)

and if anyone is interested Smith & Warner were playing each other today and Warner got dismissed by Austin Waugh for 13