Discussion BBL Big Bash SuperCoach Discussion

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can you play both? Geelong is a rank turner. Boyce and O'Connor got 2 wickets while Rashid and Ingram! got one in the Renegades v Strikers game recently.
Interesting to think about ... I'd consider Boyce to be more of a dot ball bowler than an actual spinner ..

If I went that way though it'd be Bam Bam Jnr v Henriques ..

Last edited:

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Good summary here

TEST SQUAD: Tim Paine (c), Josh Hazlewood (vc), Joe Burns, Pat Cummins, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Will Pucovski, Matt Renshaw, Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
The Hobart Hurricanes release the following unchanged squad of 13 for their KFC BBL|08 match vs. the Melbourne Stars at the MCG tomorrow, Monday 14 January.

The Hurricanes will look to bounce back from their last start defeat to the Renegades a week ago, their first defeat in six matches to begin the season.

George Bailey is set to become the first BBL Hurricanes player to reach the 50-game milestone.

Through his first 49 matches, Bailey has compiled 1196 runs at average of over 37 and a strike rate of 134.

Jake Doran will make his Hurricanes BBL debut if selected in the final XI.

David Moody will make his BBL debut if selected in the final XI.

The squad is as follows:

Matthew Wade (C)
Jofra Archer
George Bailey
Johan Botha
Alex Doolan
Jake Doran
James Faulkner
Ben McDermott
Riley Meredith
Simon Milenko
David Moody
Clive Rose
D'Arcy Short

AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting to think about ... I'd consider Boyce to be more of a dot ball bowler than an actual spinner ..

If I went that way though it'd be Bam Bam Jnr v Henriques ..
love this

Boyce's mystery ball is the one he actually spins !!!

Can you play both? Geelong is a rank turner.
This is the kind of information I am severely lacking when forming my choices.
Sold both Mujeeb and Boyce this week!
Someone has once posted a small summary before, but if anybody has the time I would really appreciate a quick rundown of some / any of the grounds.

All i know is that the Gabba is good for batters;
Spotless is good for spinners;
Optus is good for quicks.

Does the MCG turn? Trying to work out which Hurricanes to buy for next week!

Sold both Mujeeb and Boyce this week!
Not that axing these two was a catastrophe of a decision- probably had to be done since I would have been running 8 players in one game again, and I had already seen last clash how they tend to step on each others toes scoring-wise. With Pattinson out I am now down to 5 for this match, which seems a more appropriate number.

The real issue is whether I would have been better off selling Christian and keeping the tweaker on a spin friendly pitch. I just usually tend to hold on to the all-rounders in cases like this, even if they bat as low as 7 like DC.

AFL Club
Collingwood
1st Game at Geelong

Adelaide 6/158
Boyce 2 wickets , Nabi 0

Renegades 9/126
O'Connor 2 , Ingram 1 , Khan 1

pathetic batting I recall , I would hesitate calling Ingram a spinner

very much doubt any wicket in Australia is classified as a rank turner

DC & Neser had the best ER , admittedly DC bowled 2 overs , but both rely on change of pace and variation

AFL Club
Sydney
If anybody has the time I would really appreciate a quick rundown of some / any of the grounds.
Thought I’d help since I get a good deal of info from this page for other things:

Spotless: small straight boundaries, long square boundaries. Leg spinners tend to find more success here because the nature of the pitch is slow and batsmen try to play from the crease more. More bowled, LBW and caught on square boundaries here.

Marvel: similar dimensions to spotless, just a bit longer straight than spotless. Again a slowish pitch. New ball does a fair bit here as proven by Richardson and shinwari in previous games, so seems to be good for all bowlers. Batting seems to get easier overs 12-20, so allrounders who bat in the middle order seem to benefit most.

MCG: Large ground, makes it hard for many 6’s to be hit. Seamers tend to bowl into the wicket, but generally it’s off pace deliveries as it’s hard to heave over the fence. However plenty of space means plenty of 1’s-2’s are scored, so batsmen who are accumulators tend to get into their work well here before teeing off. Spinners do well here generally because of the longer boundaries, but the pitch is fairly benign so it’s dependent on their skill.

Optus: Little information on this as I’ve only seen one match live here, but it looks a quick wicket. Probably opt for allrounders/bowlers over batsmen at these grounds and hope for the best.

Gabba: Wicket is usually quite good for both seamers and batsmen. Bit of pace in the wicket means the new ball can dominate if used well, but the extra bounce gives batsmen the freedom to throw their hands and hit 6’s that might normally fly to guys in the deep. Spinners have to be on their game here as overpitching generally gets them into trouble. Boyce bowled beautifully here the other night by mixing up his lengths well.

SCG: Usually has one short boundary which batsmen try to target. If pitch is in the middle of the square, it usually makes for a higher scoring game as there is no long boundary. Pitch is generally pretty good for batting so bowling scores are fairly hard to predict in advance. Given it’s the Sixers who play there, it’s a pretty mixed bag with what you get.

Hobart: This is generally a road and plays as such. Plenty of bounce in the wicket which suits the likes of wade and short but the quicker bowlers can exploit it if they get it right. Spinners need to bring their A-games when they play here as there’s no real long boundary but there’s usually a shorter boundary to contend with depending on pitch placement.

Adelaide: Small boundaries square make for high scoring games. The pitches are generally more flat than offering much for the bowlers, although guys who bowl stump to stump find more success as batsmen are forced to hit them to the longer straight boundaries. Spinners who attack the stumps are gold here. Sandeep, rashid, botha etc. Batsmen who are good on crossbat shots also worth a thought.