Competitions SCS 2022 AFL Finals Golf

AFL Club
North Melb.
Following on the tradition of the last couple of years I am keen to run the AFL Finals Golf competition again this year if there is sufficient interest.

The basic premise will be similar to last year where participants make selections from preset points ranges on specific players for each final. They are then awarded golf like scores according to how close the range selected is to the actual range that players score falls within. Get it exactly you score an eagle (-2), one range off and you get a birdie (-1), and so on. The objective is to score the lowest score over the final series (9 games & 52 players).

For more details on how it will work have a look at last year’s comp thread via the link below. Note there may be a few tweaks from last year but I expect it will remain largely the same. Full details will be provided in due course (pardon the pun).

https://supercoachscores.com/threads/scs-2020-afl-finals-golf-grand-final-players-up-at-163.4499/

Like last year a practice round will be conducted during round 23 with the real thing to kick off in the finals.

If you are interested in playing then please post in this thread. Last year we had 26 and it would be good to get at least that many again.

@Bomber18 was the 2020 winner with a score -7 and will be very keen to defend his title I am sure. Second and third were @toxic and @Ironhawk respectively and both will be determined to do just that little bit better. The following table sets out the results for last year.

1628955050701.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
Up to 18 so far (listed below) which is certainly enough to proceed. However despite that being a completely appropriate number for a golf comp it would be good to get a few more.

I have received permission to open up the comp to friends and family members to try and attract a few more so if members have anybody like that they would like to invite, then feel free.

I will provide more details on brackets and how to make the selections in the next few days in readiness for the practice round this weekend.
  1. @Beg2Differ
  2. @Zimmer
  3. @Ironhawk
  4. @Rowsus
  5. @toxic
  6. @mike89
  7. @Juzzo
  8. @Hawk41
  9. @Diabolical
  10. @Bomber18
  11. @jel
  12. @All is Wells