Competitions SCS 2022 AFL Finals Golf

AFL Club
Hawthorn
...... and swooping from the clouds, out of nowhere, Rowsus wins going away by 6 lengths!!!

I'm more shocked than anything. I honestly gave myself very little chance coming into the last game.
My very unorthodox method obviously paid off in the end! (I'm keeping it a secret for next season!)

Thanks to @Beg2Differ for running this comp. It certainly added some interest during the finals series!
Well done!

I'm shocked I managed to snag 4th overall and not finish in the red after my first few rounds, plus get 2nd in the GF. I'll take that.

Thanks to @Beg2Differ for running this again, and also to @Rowsus for all the additional stats throughout.

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
1632575977357.png

Inspired by his fabulous Demons founder of this comp @Rowsus but on an absolute master class in the grand final to record a massive 7 under final round to storm to a convincing victory by no less than 6 shots. Unfortunately for every Nick Faldo there is a Greg Norman and this year that was @Juzzo who entered the final round at 13 under but stumbled to a horror 9 over final round to drop to 4 under and just hold on to 2nd. Technically @Crowls finished 3rd even though he didn't submit in either of the last 2 weeks so there is not much merit in that result.

Honourable mention to @Ironhawk who was the only other player to score under par in the Grand Final. Dishonourable mention to yours truly who lost 10 strokes in the second half after being in contention at that point.

Honour Role
2019 @quite ironic
2020 @Bomber18
2021 @Rowsus

So that bring to a close the 3rd year of SCS AFL Final Golf comp. Hopefully it added a little bit of interest to the finals games for SCS Members. Full blown Supercoach withdrawals start from this week. Generally I was happy with the way it went but there are few things I will file away in the memory bank for any future renditions. Happy to take any feedback as always.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Reverse Eclectic

SCS2021GolfGFRE.png

@Beg2Differ comes from last on the Eclectic table, and get's to first on the Reverse Eclectic table.
Mark was the only one to keep 2 holes below the standard +2.
As mentioned last week, coming last in the Eclectic is no guarantee of success in the Reverse Eclectic, in fact, in general one table has no affect on the other.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd never played this before but I can already tell the one game per week format was a marked improvement. Yes having every game count would have affected me significantly, no I will not be taking questions.

Congrats Rowsus on what must be an unmatched weekend for you - and the Melbourne win too!

AFL Club
North Melb.
Well season proper for Supercoach is winding down for another year but don't despair because SCS Finals Golf will be back for another round delaying those withdrawals for another 4 weeks. This will be the 3rd season with @Bomber18 and @Rowsus being the previous winners.

The basic premise is to make selections from preset points ranges on specific players for each final. They are then awarded golf like scores according to how close the range selected is to the actual range that players score falls within. Get it exactly you score an eagle (-2), one range off and you get a birdie (-1), 2 ranges off par and so on. The objective is to score the lowest score over the final series. Last year you carried forward your score from your best game each week and I would expect to run with something like that again.

For more details on how it will work have a look at last year’s comp by scrolling up. Note there will likely be a few tweaks after some learnings from last year. Full details will be provided in due course (pardon the pun - again).

A practice round will be conducted during round 23 where you can opt in to as many games as you like. The competition proper will start in the first week of the finals.

If you are interested in playing then please post in this thread. Last year we had 27 and it would be good to get at least that many again.

The following is a summary of last year's final results.