Discussion SCS A-League Fantasy League & Discussion

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi gang, have created an A-League fantasy league. Think we might struggle to fill it with 1 day to go but feel free to jump in.

League code 282773
https://sportsdeck.com/au/aleague/dreamteam

Prizes
$750 first prize, $250 for 2nd and 3rd.
Eliminator winner gets $250 as well.

Something to keep us entertained i suppose :p

Will move and merge this thread once locked out.

Oh, and if you're wondering, i've put Michael the other name i go by there but it is indeed me!

Last edited:

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Usual scoring and price movements we see in the EPL comp it looks like.

Point Scoring

Stat Description Points Awarded/Deducted GKP DEF MID FWD
  • Goal Scored 14 12 10 8
  • Own Goal -6
  • Goal Assist* 8 6
  • Shot on Target (For every 2 shots) 2
  • Clean Sheet (team conceding 0 goals and played min. 60 mins.) 8 6 4 -
  • Goal Conceded (Per goal conceded, for more than 1 Goal and played min. 60 mins.) -2 -2 - -
  • Goalkeeper Shot Saves: (For every 3 saves) 2
  • Penalty (Save - Goalkeeper) (Missed - All Players) 6 -6 -6 -6
  • Penalty Conceded -4
  • Tackle Won (For every 3 tackles) 2
  • Clearance (For every 5 clearances) 1
  • Blocked Shot (Including shot blocked off the line, for every 2 blocked shots) 1
  • Interception (for every 2 interceptions) 1
  • Yellow/Red Card -2/-6
  • Playing at least/less than 60 mins. in a game 4/2

- Your selected Captain earns DOUBLE points.
* Goal Assist points awarded for all types of assists as determined by Opta Stats, EXCLUDING those for winning a penalty or winning a free kick.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course I am in. I'm a Football snob re the A League which is completely unfair and I must address it. This will help.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Picked a veritable spray 'n pray team based on some A-League website articles!

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
I'm in.

I'm a novice at fantasy association football having played one season of EPL quite poorly. But we'll have a go regardless. :)

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Picked a veritable spray 'n pray team based on some A-League website articles!
Reckon we'll have similar teams then lol. I've read a few articles from similar sources!

I'm in.

I'm a novice at fantasy association football having played one season of EPL quite poorly. But we'll have a go regardless. :)
I'm usually pretty ordinary at both tbh but still enjoy them nevertheless.

8 league spots left!

MrMurdoch

300 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll join later tonight. Hopefully there will still be room!

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Joined but don't expect much haha.
How do lockouts work? Are matches every weekend?

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Joined but don't expect much haha.
How do lockouts work? Are matches every weekend?
As far as i know it's a rolling lockout (kinda reads confusingly in the rules below though), similar to SC with the best/only loophole agent being your second goalkeeper. I've gone Duncan from the jets who plays late more often than not.

From memory games are played every weekend but the biggest hurdle is when the Aussie internationals play.

RULES

You can edit your entire team list while a round is not in progress. You can also view each player's scoring and performance breakdown, in team Analyser view.

Your Team is arranged into your Starting 11 and 4 Substitutes. This is initially done at random and in a 4-4-2 formation, however you can edit your Team as much as you like, right up until the entry cut-off time at the beginning of the upcoming round's matches.

You can substitute between the Starting 11 and 4 Substitutes, only in their matching positions, to ensure your best 11 are in your starting line-up.
FORMATIONS

You can select one of 9 Formations to ensure that you get the best out of your team. The 9 available formations are as follows:
DEF-MID-FWD
4-4-2 (default)
2-5-3
3-4-3
3-5-2
4-3-3
4-5-1
5-2-3
5-3-2
5-4-1
SUBSTITUTIONS

Click the button to substitute the desired player OUT of your starting 11. Then, select a highlighted replacement from the substitutes, in the matching position only, to complete your substitution.

TRANSFERS (TRADES)
You can make unlimited transfers on your initial team entry. Your team will be locked in and entered at the start of the next upcoming round after you joined.
You'll then be able to transfer up to a maximum of 2 players after the conclusion of each round, with a total of 30 transfers available for the entire Season.
It's entirely your decision as to when and how you use them.
Transfers can be reversed right up until the lockout time each round.
Trading periods will generally be open for the entire week, up until the start of the next round's matches.

CAPTAIN & VICE CAPTAIN
Your captain scores double points. You should also select a vice captain, who will score double points ONLY if your captain is a late withdrawal or doesn't play for any reason.
You can change your captain and vice captain as often as you like prior to the start of each round.

YOUR BENCH & EMERGENCIES
Where available based on the selected formation, your Substitutes (player bench) act as automatic emergencies, and will automatically have their score added (as long as they score greater than 0) to replace a player in your Starting 11 who doesn't play and receives a score of 0 - in their matching position only.
If you have 2 or 3 available substitutes in a particular position, the lowest scoring will be used (greater than 0). A maximum of one player will be used as emergency per position.
You'll need to set your team formation strategically to ensure you have your best Starting 11 on the field. You'll NOT have any Substitutes (and Emergencies) in some positions, depending on the selected formation.
Players who actually play in a match AND score a 0 for any reason, will NOT be replaced by an emergency. Their 0 score will also have an effect on their value, being recorded as having played a game.

TEAM & PLAYER VALUE
Player pricing will also play a part in team selection and trading strategy, and your overall team value.
Each player's price will vary based on their most current performance from round to round. A rolling average is used to determine how a player's value changes and they must have played at least 3 matches in order for their value to increase or decrease.
Your team value is determined based on the overall value of your selected players, plus any leftover amount in your salary cap.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't know too much about a-league, so I'll join so long as expectations are reasonable!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Due to EPL having an International break, I'll have a go...2 spots remaining!

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Relatively happy with my team but very scary not having Fornaroli in!