Competitions SCS Cash Leagues

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ll take it if that’s alright (paid) unless someone’s gotten to it already that’s fine
Brilliant. Last spot is yours and that’s all our leagues full.

Big thanks to everyone for their prompt payment and making the process as painless as possible. If you’re yet to join your league, please do so ASAP.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi all,

With what is shaping as one of the most unusual starts to the AFL ever, i wanted to provide an update on what will be happening with our cash leagues.

As you all would know, there is a real chance that the season gets interrupted, one way or another so wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of how we'll be approaching the varying scenarios that may arise.

Below are a list of likely scenarios and what would happen if they did.

1. 'Full' AFL season is played, with an overall winner and league finals/winner.
Whether the rounds get condensed or reduced, as long as there is an overall pts winner and SC run league finals, prize money will be paid as normal.

2. AFL season is shortened but SC still award overall winner and have some kind of league finals/winner
Same as above.

3. AFL season is shortened but SC still award overall winner but no league finals/winner.
In this scenario, prize money for league results would be equally spread across the other prizes.

4. AFL season is shortened and SC do not award overall winner or league finals/winner.
In this scenario, I would refund everyone (or hold funds as credit for next year) no matter how long the season went.

5. AFL season is shortened and SC do not award overall winner but do run league finals/winner.
I think this one is very unlikely but if it did happen, no prizes would be awarded and everyone would be refunded/credit, which is consistent with the above scenarios.

I think those are the most likely SC scenarios, depending on what happens in the AFL. As you can imagine, trying to predict what will happen at this stage is near impossible but i did want everyone to be aware and have the option to jump out before the season starts.

If you do want to jump out for whatever reason, that's no problems i'll just need to know ASAP so i have sufficient time to fill your spot in the league.

Outside of that, i've got my fingers and toes crossed that we all get a good run at it and please remember that once the season starts, it's an even playing field for everyone so any bad luck that occurs with selections etc, will just be part of the 'fun' :rolleyes:

Lastly, if something occurs that does not fall into one of the above scenarios, a judgement call will be made then. Appreciate everyone's understanding with this.

Any questions, don't hesitate.
Mike

FYI @All is Wells @Snowman @BIGB0Y @madmunza @agentsofchan @WindyHillWizard @randomcliche @Bagels22 @Chiemo @NakinakiFC @Beijing_Sting @BomberArmy @Darkie @Athomas @GeordieDembalition @Dubby @Go Paddy @teatai @doc ron @Ricky Bobby @The Experiment @Muscy @incog43 @baz_machine @James4 @dicksilverman @Courtesans @MickyBoi @gutsroy @Tails @Diabolical @Professor @PC @Enderling @Bomber18 @Bones @poopingHindi @incog43 @nicohigh @THCLT @upthetiggies @Hawk41 @Foxy's Fe-Lions

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi everyone in the $150 league, @WindyHillWizard has advised me that he got booted from the league because his team was incomplete during the rd 1 rolling lockout.

Unfortunately that means that a random has presumably ended up in the league and we'll need to manually figure out where WHW sits on the overall ladder. It also means WHW will be ineligible for the league grand final prize.

As a workaround, i will request WindyHillWizard to post his team's rank and overall pts etc in this thread after each week so we all know where he actually sits. In the unlikely event, the random team wins the grand final, the runner up will be awarded the league winner prize.

$150 league
Highest overall rank: $1,000
Second highest overall rank $600
Third highest overall rank $450
Fourth highest overall rank $260
Grand final winner: $300

FYI @All is Wells @Snowman @BIGB0Y @madmunza @agentsofchan @WindyHillWizard @randomcliche @Bagels22 @Chiemo @NakinakiFC @Beijing_Sting @BomberArmy @Darkie @Athomas @GeordieDembalition @Dubby @Go Paddy @teatai

AFL Club
North Melb.
Hi everyone in the $150 league, @WindyHillWizard has advised me that he got booted from the league because his team was incomplete during the rd 1 rolling lockout.

Unfortunately that means that a random has presumably ended up in the league and we'll need to manually figure out where WHW sits on the overall ladder. It also means WHW will be ineligible for the league grand final prize.

As a workaround, i will request WindyHillWizard to post his team's rank and overall pts etc in this thread after each week so we all know where he actually sits. In the unlikely event, the random team wins the grand final, the runner up will be awarded the league winner prize.

$150 league

FYI @All is Wells @Snowman @BIGB0Y @madmunza @agentsofchan @WindyHillWizard @randomcliche @Bagels22 @Chiemo @NakinakiFC @Beijing_Sting @BomberArmy @Darkie @Athomas @GeordieDembalition @Dubby @Go Paddy @teatai
I reckon you can probably email them and ask them switch WHW for the random. What else could they be doing?

AFL Club
North Melb.

$150 league

Think i might have played the random this week. "Double Entandres"- Coach Phillip. Havent seen that team name around here, is that him?

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Ok, I have narrowed it down to 3 team names i'm not sure of.

Gut feel is @agentsofchan is Carechimba and @Go Paddy is Double Entandres with the random team belonging to Coach Gavin with team Shooter McGavin.

Can both agentsofchan and Go Paddy confirm those are your teams?

EDIT: nevermind, have been able to confirm Gavin is the random who found his way into your league!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne

Gut feel is @agentsofchan is Carechimba and @Go Paddy is Double Entandres with the random team belonging to Coach Gavin with team Shooter McGavin.

EDIT: nevermind, have been able to confirm Gavin is the random who found his way into your league!
Just as matter of interest, how did Gavin do this week? :unsure::D:p

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
2,122 then. Ok, not good, not bad.
Half joking here. Get someone to message him, explaining it's a cash League, and see if he wants in.
I’ve emailed sc to see if they can help. Told them it’s a private league and we’re all mates. Not sure they can or will but see what happens.

AFL Club
Brisbane
er - awkward. lol. I was just glad to get the win in a tough week 1.

Has a pretty normal and decent looking team. He suffered the Roberton defence situation as many others which was where I managed to climb back. Also, was lampooned by Macpherson, but had the Chad. In the mids, only Mccluggage seems an unusual choice, but even then, I can see why he selected. Rookies not far off with only gould and Comben the only DNP. Good enought set up adn had some of his premiums played better, would have easily beaten me

Last edited:

Hi IDIG,

Sorry I have not been looking much at SuperCoach. Tbh I didn’t participate in any chats leading up to round one as I assumed the season wouldn’t be happening. My team did not have the same amount of time put into it as it normally does.

Yes Go Paddy (horrible user name... made years ago in honour of my favourite bomber... only for him to leave when all we did was inject him full of illegal mystery drugs... what’s his problem?!) is the Double Entandres.

Hope everyone is safe and well,

Phillip (Go Paddy)

AFL Club
Essendon
Hi all,

With what is shaping as one of the most unusual starts to the AFL ever, i wanted to provide an update on what will be happening with our cash leagues.

As you all would know, there is a real chance that the season gets interrupted, one way or another so wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of how we'll be approaching the varying scenarios that may arise.

Below are a list of likely scenarios and what would happen if they did.

1. 'Full' AFL season is played, with an overall winner and league finals/winner.
Whether the rounds get condensed or reduced, as long as there is an overall pts winner and SC run league finals, prize money will be paid as normal.

2. AFL season is shortened but SC still award overall winner and have some kind of league finals/winner
Same as above.

3. AFL season is shortened but SC still award overall winner but no league finals/winner.
In this scenario, prize money for league results would be equally spread across the other prizes.

4. AFL season is shortened and SC do not award overall winner or league finals/winner.
In this scenario, I would refund everyone (or hold funds as credit for next year) no matter how long the season went.

5. AFL season is shortened and SC do not award overall winner but do run league finals/winner.
I think this one is very unlikely but if it did happen, no prizes would be awarded and everyone would be refunded/credit, which is consistent with the above scenarios.

I think those are the most likely SC scenarios, depending on what happens in the AFL. As you can imagine, trying to predict what will happen at this stage is near impossible but i did want everyone to be aware and have the option to jump out before the season starts.

If you do want to jump out for whatever reason, that's no problems i'll just need to know ASAP so i have sufficient time to fill your spot in the league.

Outside of that, i've got my fingers and toes crossed that we all get a good run at it and please remember that once the season starts, it's an even playing field for everyone so any bad luck that occurs with selections etc, will just be part of the 'fun' :rolleyes:

Lastly, if something occurs that does not fall into one of the above scenarios, a judgement call will be made then. Appreciate everyone's understanding with this.

Any questions, don't hesitate.
Mike

FYI @All is Wells @Snowman @BIGB0Y @madmunza @agentsofchan @WindyHillWizard @randomcliche @Bagels22 @Chiemo @NakinakiFC @Beijing_Sting @BomberArmy @Darkie @Athomas @GeordieDembalition @Dubby @Go Paddy @teatai @doc ron @Ricky Bobby @The Experiment @Muscy @incog43 @baz_machine @James4 @dicksilverman @Courtesans @MickyBoi @gutsroy @Tails @Diabolical @Professor @PC @Enderling @Bomber18 @Bones @poopingHindi @incog43 @nicohigh @THCLT @upthetiggies @Hawk41 @Foxy's Fe-Lions
Hi All,
I can confirm that I have been added to the Cash League. Asking nicely and having some persistence had the desired effect.

Apologies @IDIG for stuffing you and others around. Won’t be making that mistake again.