Competitions SCS - Finals Comp - Supercoach 9s

AFL Club
Essendon
Following a bit of discussion in the Finals Golf thread, I thought I'd set up a comp for the finals using a traditional salary cap based approach covering the four weeks of finals.

Basic idea is this:

- Pick 9 players (2 DEFs, 3 MIDs, 1 RUCK, 2FWDs and a wild Utility - can be any position) from players in all games in each week of the finals
- Salary cap of $3,500,000 based on season's end SC price.
- Pick a captain - double score
- Entry to be submitted prior to lockout Friday
- Same process for each week from the teams playing
- Winner is the best cumulative score over the four finals rounds
- Prize = glory and self worth

I did look at using a cap of $3,000,000 which reflects the starting cap for the SC Classic comp (average $333,333 per player) but given the lack of genuine bottom priced options likely to play finals, it essentially countered out high end premos altogether. $4,000,000 made it too easy so I've split the difference. If anyone has a strong view either way, I'm happy to change. I think the goal should be to see varying teams and $3.5m seems about the right mark for that that.

I was hoping to attach an Excel file to use as a team picker, but it appears that is not possible. I'm an old fella so if anyone can give me some guidance on the best option for this that would be appreciated. It'll make team selection and entry into the comp so much easier. It'll look something like this:

1629887148191.png

Post below if interested

AFL Club
Carlton
Following a bit of discussion in the Finals Golf thread, I thought I'd set up a comp for the finals using a traditional salary cap based approach covering the four weeks of finals.

Basic idea is this:

- Pick 9 players (2 DEFs, 3 MIDs, 1 RUCK, 2FWDs and a wild Utility - can be any position) from players in all games in each week of the finals
- Salary cap of $3,500,000 based on season's end SC price.
- Pick a captain - double score
- Entry to be submitted prior to lockout Friday
- Same process for each week from the teams playing
- Winner is the best cumulative score over the four finals rounds
- Prize = glory and self worth

I did look at using a cap of $3,000,000 which reflects the starting cap for the SC Classic comp (average $333,333 per player) but given the lack of genuine bottom priced options likely to play finals, it essentially countered out high end premos altogether. $4,000,000 made it too easy so I've split the difference. If anyone has a strong view either way, I'm happy to change. I think the goal should be to see varying teams and $3.5m seems about the right mark for that that.

I was hoping to attach an Excel file to use as a team picker, but it appears that is not possible. I'm an old fella so if anyone can give me some guidance on the best option for this that would be appreciated. It'll make team selection and entry into the comp so much easier. It'll look something like this:

View attachment 33759

Post below if interested
Sounds great

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
D1. Salem $412,900
D2. Blicavs $390,300
M1. Oliver $618,300 (Capt)
M2. McGrath $353,600
M3. Rowbottom $320,200
U1. Cockatoo $212,900
R1. Gawn $566,500
F1. Franklin $401,500
F2. Bowey $210,800

Spend $3,496,000
Bank $4,000

AFL Club
Essendon
D1. Salem $412,900
D2. Blicavs $390,300
M1. Oliver $618,300 (Capt)
M2. McGrath $353,600
M3. Rowbottom $320,200
U1. Cockatoo $212,900
R1. Gawn $566,500
F1. Franklin $401,500
F2. Bowey $210,800

Spend $3,496,000
Bank $4,000
maybe you could spend a bit more time Rowsus and see if you can find a spot for another Demon !!!

AFL Club
Essendon
OK, hopefully this works. Below is a link to a Google Sheet with the team picker. Can someone let me know if they are able to access and use

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T7HMDmw5nEVCZ5VrK6U5MF26B98ctpaxvbAvezOaSSo/edit?usp=sharing

I'm a bushie in Excel so apologies if it's a little clunky.

Basically, all you need to do is put "D1, D2, M1, M2 etc etc beside the player in the first column of the Data tab and it will then automatically populate the Team on the first tab. The salary cap / cash left appears on both tabs so you can keep track of that as you go. I suggest filtering by position and team if you're trying to find players. I've included season averages and recent (3 game averages) which hopefully will assist. The data is from FootyWire. I've completed a suggested team just as an example.

If you wish to enter, complete the sheet with your SCS name and your selections and post a screen capture prior to Friday's lockout.

Not sure if anyone can edit the Google Sheet but if so, feel free to paste your completed team (values only) into a separate tab in that sheet. That'll save me some time capturing all the teams

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
OK, hopefully this works. Below is a link to a Google Sheet with the team picker. Can someone let me know if they are able to access and use

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T7HMDmw5nEVCZ5VrK6U5MF26B98ctpaxvbAvezOaSSo/edit?usp=sharing

I'm a bushie in Excel so apologies if it's a little clunky.

Basically, all you need to do is put "D1, D2, M1, M2 etc etc beside the the player in the first column of the Data tab and it will then automatically populate the Team on the first tab. The salary cap / cash left appears on both tabs so you can keep track of that as you go. I suggest filtering by position and team if you're trying to find players. I've included season averages and recent (3 game averages) which hopefully will assist. The data is from FootyWire. I've completed a suggested team just as an example.

If you wish to enter, complete the sheet with your SCS name and your selections and post a screen capture prior to Friday's lockout.

Not sure if anyone can edit the Google Sheet but if so, feel free to paste your completed team (values only) into a separate tab in that sheet. That'll save me some time capturing all the teams
I don't know if its supposed to be view only but it is for me?

AFL Club
Essendon
@Wheedus not sure how you do it but you might need to make it public so that we can create sheets and copy values
I don't think anyone will be able to edit the online version. I've made it public already so basically anyone with the link can open. In order to edit you'll need to make a local copy. So it'll just be a case of posting a screen shot of your team and I'll enter the teams manually. No biggie.

AFL Club
Geelong
@Wheedus if you click on "Share" top right, there is an option to share with any one that has a link. There is also a drop down to change to "Editor". Alternatively, each coach can copy across each page to a new sheet by click in the worskheet tab name. Copy across the data sheet first as it has the least links to the team sheet. Then once oyu copy across the team sheet just link the cap, spend and bank to the cells in the team sheet.

Once team is picked upload link here and then it can be managed by @Wheedus. Probably easiest way?

AFL Club
Essendon
@Wheedus if you click on "Share" top right, there is an option to share with any one that has a link. There is also a drop down to change to "Editor". Alternatively, each coach can copy across each page to a new sheet by click in the worskheet tab name. Copy across the data sheet first as it has the least links to the team sheet. Then once oyu copy across the team sheet just link the cap, spend and bank to the cells in the team sheet.

Once team is picked upload link here and then it can be managed by @Wheedus. Probably easiest way?
I've now allowed editing for anyone with the link. Hopefully that works