Discussion SCS PC|05 - Completed

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm usually one to shy away from big, open fields, but I just can't help myself here.
Saturday, Golden Slipper, Sydney Race 7 - 8 Away Game to place @ $16/$4.60.
Hasn't run a bad race in 5 starts. First start coming up on a rain affected track, but is by Snitzel, and they love the wet.
The Blue Diamond form doesn't have a great record in the Golden Slipper, but what a run!
(It should be noted, some years the Golden Slipper is run 6 or 7 weeks after the Blue Diamond, this year it is only a 4 week gap, and that can change things! Also, she won the Magic Millions, which actually can be a good guide to the Slipper!)
Blue Diamond was a red hot leaders day, and anything further than 2 off the fence was a hopeless position.
Away Game was 4 wide the whole way, and looked like she had not unexpectedly shot her load around 300m out. She fought and fought, and was actually running away from, or holding, the horses behind her on the line. That's an extraordinary effort on such a biased track. In the end, after being half a length from the leaders coming to the turn, and 3 lengths from them 250-300m out, she was beaten 1.35L.
When she won the MM at the Gold Coast 3 starts ago she drifted from $19 to $41, so don't be put off if she drifts!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
@THCLT I haven’t forgotten about group multi. I am just waiting to see AFL player markets for the weekend. I am hoping we might see some once teams are announced tonight. If you need a selection earlier in the evening, I can come up with something else.
I'm struggling myself to get something together so am happy to wait for your selection tomorrow morning if that suits you better...no rush.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm struggling myself to get something together so am happy to wait for your selection tomorrow morning if that suits you better...no rush.
Still no player markets, so will take you up on the offer to wait until tomorrow morning. This could be an issue going forward as I imagine many of us would like to look at AFL bets. Then again, if we start seeing games every night ...

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I'm usually one to shy away from big, open fields, but I just can't help myself here.
Saturday, Golden Slipper, Sydney Race 7 - 8 Away Game to place @ $16/$4.60.
I've been following Away Game since that MM run where it absolutely thrashed the field in a fast run race. Like you've mentioned, was a good thing beaten in the BD running pretty much 4-wide the whole race. Drawn well for this race and I've got a small (maybe not?) investment riding on its back.

I've got Away Game with 7,18 & 2 in my exotics as well.

Good luck to us all...!