Discussion SCS PC|05 - Completed

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
It is my absolute pleasure to serve as your Administrator. This privilege to which I’m entrusted is not to just merely run our Punter’s Club but rather I want to foster and cultivate a culture that is not solely measured by the number of wins. Obviously, the hope of winning is one of the main reasons why we all signed up and I’m confident that we’ll get many opportunities to enjoy the high that such an experience will bring along the journey.

There are many intrinsic benefits which can arise from being part of such a club; camaraderie, frequent friendly banter, sharing of thoughts & ideas, learnings & initiatives to name a few. I will endeavour to draw from my skill sets and creativity to ensure that these attributes are upheld and maintained to the highest level of integrity.

Win, lose or draw, it is my wish that all punters can take away something good and constructive from being part of this experience. Enjoy following the prospects of our group and I would encourage you all to adopt a ‘have a go’ attitude and actively participate towards the pursuit of our group.

The confirmed LIST OF 12 PUNTERS & ORDER for our first cycle can be viewed in the summary table below.

1571459531863.png
****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Important Information
  • Initial buy-in is $100 for each punter of which 80% will be allocated towards INDIVIDUAL betting and 20% towards GROUP betting.
  • To confirm your spot in the first cycle of the PC, please make your initial $100 payment to the account below. I would much appreciate if you could finalise this over the coming week.
Account Details
Thanh Nguyen
BSB: 242-200
Acc: 476112412
***Please use your SCS alias name as the reference

• Once overall numbers are finalised next Tuesday, I will draft up an order of betting for the first cycle based on the preferences which you have provided. I’ll try and accommodate everyone as best as practical.
  • Generally speaking, we’ll have a punter nominated for INDIVIDUAL betting on a weekly basis. However, we may have multiple punters nominated in any given week if it looks to be loaded with key sporting fixture.
  • In the spirit of our PC, I would encourage ALL punter to ‘have a go’ when it’s their turn.
Nuts & Bolts
  • For this first cycle, each nominated punter will have a total of $80 to bet with. I will be using Sportsbet to place our bets so please refer to them for odds and available markets as required.
  • Our PC week will run from Tuesday to the following Monday.
  • Please keep your individual stake amount to a minimum of $5 and whole dollars only, no cents.
  • I will require at least 24hrs notice for all intended bets. PM me your bets and I’ll post details on the thread once it has been successfully placed.
  • Any punter who qualify for a Bonus Bet through one of the weekly promotions will get to play their Bonus Bet the following week.
  • To reward our successful or ‘lucky’ punter, anyone who manages a return greater than 150% of their original stake will be afforded another go the following week. The amount available for such a punter will be anything above the 150% mark, capped at whatever the original stake was. This reward system will continue until such punter fails to return above 150% of the original stake.
Example 1:
Punter A started out with a total stake of $80 and returned a total of $150 in winnings. $120 will go towards the INDIVIDUAL pool leaving $30 for punter A to bet again the following week. Punter A then returned a total of $170 in winnings the following week. $120 will go towards the INDIVIDUAL pool leaving $50 for punter A to bet again the following week. Third time up, punter A returned $100 in winnings. Since this is less than $120 (150% of original stake of $80), punter A’s run has finished for the current cycle.

Example 2:
Punter B started out with a total stake of $80 and returned a total of $300 in winnings. In this scenario, $220 will go towards the INDIVIDUAL pool leaving the capped amount of $80 for punter B to bet again the following week. Punter B failed to return any winnings for the following week meaning his run has ended for the current cycle.

• GROUP betting will be done on an ad hoc basis with each stake fixed at $20. I will announce each proposed bet as they arise and ask for your input before making a final decision. Please feel free to make suggestion as to which sporting event you feel is worthy of a GROUP bet and I’ll take that into consideration. All winnings from the GROUP betting will be returned to the GROUP pool of funds and reassigned accordingly at the start of each new cycle.
  • GM selections needs to be at odds of $1.80 or greater and occur between Saturday to Monday.
  • GROUP betting will cease once we’ve used up all of the allotted funds during a cycle.
  • Unless I receive any objection, I’m proposing to donate 3% of all our winnings as a token gesture towards the upkeep and running of SCS.
GROUP Bets
  • Each stake is fixed at $20.
  • When a GROUP betting opportunity arise, I'll post the relevant information and request for input from ALL punters. This will be posted sometime on a Thursday evening or earlier if a sporting event occurs before that, for example, the Melbourne Cup.
  • You'll have approx. 24 hours to put in your nominations (who you think will WIN), I would encourage all punter to have a stab, even if it involves a sport which you're not familiar with.
  • I'll collate the nominations and post suggested GROUP bets for all to view. From time to time, I may ask the PC to select from the suggested GROUP bets depending on how many I come up with.
  • ALL punters are welcomed to put forward their own suggestion for a GROUP bet at any time. Just PM me the details and I'll post it up as one of the suggested bets for that current week.
  • Unless I get objection from the general group, I will proceed to place the GROUP bets as per my suggestion or per the PC's votes.
  • GROUP betting is NOT compulsory for every single week of a cycle.
What Happens At The Completion Of A Cycle?
  • At the end of each cycle, I’ll compile a detailed summary of our progress and post for all to view.
  • Depending on the final amount remaining at the end of a cycle, we can either start the next cycle on whatever funds is available or top back up to the original buy-in amount of $100 (in a LOSS scenario).
  • The 80% INDIVIDUAL and 20% GROUP allocations will be re-calculated at the start of each cycle using the ‘new’ starting amount.
  • This cycle will continue as long as there are sufficient remaining punters to keep it going.
Is There Provision To Join or Exit The PC At A Later Date?
  • YES – At the end of each cycle, there’ll be a ‘grace period’ (usually a week) to allow for such decision.
  • Any NEW punter wishing to join up at the start of a new cycle will be expected to pay the appropriate buy-in amount for that particular cycle.
Example 1:
The PC ended a cycle with 10 punters and a total of $800 in available funds. The decision was made to proceed to the next cycle with the current available funds without the need for top up.
Buy-In amount for new punter is $80.

Example 2:
The PC ended a cycle with 10 punters and a total of $500 in available funds. The decision was made for each existing punter to contribute another $50 as top up prior to the start of the next cycle.
Buy-In amount for new punter is $100.

Example 3:
The PC ended a cycle with 10 punters and a total of $1,500 in available funds. The decision was made to proceed to the next cycle with the current available funds without the need for top up.
Buy-In amount for new punter is $150.

• Once a new cycle has started, existing punter can opt to exit the PC at any time, however, please note that your reimbursement amount will be calculated at the end of that particular cycle and NOT at the time of your decision to exit the PC.
  • NO ‘new’ punter will be permitted to join the PC after the commencement of a new cycle.
****************************************************************************************************************************************************
The above will form the framework of our PC. Please feel free to ask any question which may arise and/or point out anything which I may have neglected.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks @THCLT, I’m interested.

The only two sports I think I understand relatively well are AFL and cricket, but I don’t know that that should be a limiting factor (ie I’m happy if others are interested in horse racing, eg - I can just avoid it, or let someone else take my turn) :)

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Would love to go again as I enjoyed it last time. I have no idea though when it comes to horses. A bit like @Darkie , AFL and Cricket are my stronger points, though I liked trying to research other sports last time - I think I even found room for darts in one of my multis, and I got up with a golf bet after @doc ron helped me with a short list of options. I found that a scattergun approach missed a lot but seemed to get the occasional hit!!

For those with reservations, it is comforting to know when it is your turn to bet that others are willing to help with advice, and nobody knocks you for putting some out there bets on ... and it gives us all a bit of entertainment in the AFL off season.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Just to clarify...

Requesting for your favourite sports or those which you follow will allow me to assign you appropriately where you'll have some interest when it's your turn to bet on behalf of our PC.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
In.
Can I suggest, given the late start, we start off with two people betting?
Racing really only has:
19/10 Caulf Cup
25-26/10 MV Cup / Cox plate
Then 4 days of Flemington that go Sat to Sat in 8 days.
Then Sandown Stakes day.
While there is still racing, the interest drops off after Sandown.
So there are only 5 Saturdays left.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I’m encouraged by the responses within the first 12 hours which is always a good sign...thank you.

One more and we’re good to go, so hoping to have numbers finalised over the next couple of days in preparation to kick off this weekend.

I’ve added a poll so please cast your preference as soon as practice. The plan is to put together some group betting around Trifectta, First Four & Quaddie for the main racing days during the Spring Carnival...more on that later depending on the results of the poll.

I’ll post some details around the rules & conditions (more guidelines to be honest) to govern the running of our PC tomorrow. Please feel free to ask any question and/or make suggestion once they’re up and I’ll my best to accommodate if deemed appropriate.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
With KLo30 putting his hat in the ring, we've now hit our minimum target for the go ahead so our PC will kick off this weekend.

Due to the short nature of this announcement, I've decided to leave the expression of interest open until next Tuesday 22nd October 2019 to allow for those who may not be frequenting this site as often during the AFL off-season a chance to join up.

Thanks again for those who've voted in the affirmative.

Last edited:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Due to the relative short notice, I've decided to nominate @Rowsus as our first punter to kick start our PC this weekend as I'm confident that he would've at least looked at the form of the contending horses for the Caulfield Cup. You have $80 at your disposal, please PM me your bets when they come to hand noting the minimum notice period as prescribed in the Nuts & Bolts section from my OP.

As a heads up, we will partake in at least a GROUP bet for this upcoming weekend. I'll post up more details once the field for the Caulfield Cup is confirmed.

I'll draft up the remaining order of punters once numbers for this first cycle is finalised on Tuesday 22nd Oct 2019.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Embedded in the weekly summary table below, you'll find the preliminary order of punters for the first cycle. I've tried my very best to accommodate your sports of interest (as noted above) in an effort to provide you with a meaningful reason to 'have a go' when it comes to your turn to carry the baton for our PC.

If for whatever reason you're unable to submit your bets during your assigned week, please let me know as soon as possible so I can swap your spot with another punter who've yet to bet during this cycle and is available. Note that we have provision to skip a week if our collective schedule clashes with those proposed below, our personal lives takes priority over the PC as it should.

1571214309130.png

I'll update the above table accordingly with any new punters who wishes to join from now until the close on Tuesday 22nd Oct. Note that NO new punters will be permitted to join this first cycle after this date.

As always, I'm happy to answer any questions and/or consider any suggestions you may have. Now is the best time to air these type of things so we can refine and improve on the framework of our PC as we progress through this first cycle.

Happy Punting All