Discussion SCS Poker

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Competition rules below.

Bank details below, first payment of $200 is due 2/1/17 (same account used for the cash leagues the last 2 years but pls double check before paying)

Name: Jay To
Bank: ING Direct
BSB: XXX-XXX
Acc: XXXXXXX
***IMPORTANT: include your username as the reference when making payment***

----------------------------------------------------

If everyone can pay the full $360 in advance that would make life so much easier, otherwise please ensure you keep with the schedule below. With 3 payments scheduled, i'll only need to chase 27 payments over the year which is exponentially better than chasing over 100.

Also, if someone has not paid for the whole year in advance, I'd like to insist that if they win any prize money that all winnings go to their monthly installments until all 12 months have been paid.

I think that covers everything, let us know if any clarification is required. I'll send out the payment requests once everyone is happy with this and add the summary to the opening post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Game
- Entry $20 each paid to me
- 20k play chip registration through Pokerstars required before tournament starts
- Top 3 paid - 50%/30%/20% split
If payment has not been received in time, you will be ineligible for points/prizes. No exceptions so please ensure you pay well in advance to allow time for the funds to hit my account.
If someone can’t make a day or doesn't register in time, they are not required to pay the $20.

End of Year Prize
- Entry: total $120 each (or $10 per month)
- Top 3 paid - 50%/30%/20% or $600/$360/$240 split (10 players)
- Points are scored as below:
1st: 12.5
2nd: 10
3rd: 7.5
4th: 5
5th: 4
6th: 3
7th: 2
8th: 1
9th+: 0

Once payment is received, you’re committed to the season and if you have to pull out, you forfeit this money (unless you forfeit before the first round).

In the event of a tie at the end of the year, the prize money is split, so if IDIG comes 1st, Rowsus, THCLT come equal 2nd, and Ben's Beasts comes 3rd, Rowsus and THCLT share the second and third prize money and Ben's Beasts misses out altogether.

Payment Schedule
Payment 1 – $200 due 2/1/17
Payment for End of Year Prize comp is to be made before the first round starts - $120
Payment for rounds 1-4 to be made in advance before round 1 starts - $80

Payment 2 – $80 due 8/5/17
Payment for rounds 5-8 to be made before round 5 starts - $80

Payment 3 – $80 due 28/8/17
Payment for rounds 9-12 to be made before round 9 starts - $80

Date Schedule
First Sunday each month (except January & May), 8pm Melbourne time.

Once finalised, the only way a date can be changed is if each of the other 9 entrants agrees to change the date.

8/01/2017 (second Sunday)
5/02/2017
5/03/2017
2/04/2017
14/05/2017(second Sunday)
4/06/2017
2/07/2017
6/08/2017
3/09/2017
1/10/2017
5/11/2017
3/12/2017

If you have any questions, don't hesitate.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ORIGINAL POST BELOW

Seeking registrations of interest for a monthly poker game with other SCS folk, kicking off in 2017.

Key points
  • Played online (probably pokerstars as you can create your own tournaments)
  • One Sit n Go played monthly (format, buy in, date and time to be agreed upon by all)
  • One off outlay for end of year prize (amount to be agreed upon by all)
  • Monthly results are tallied and a point system is devised for end of year prize (to be agreed upon by all)

Please only join if you can commit to playing that one night a month (probably weeknight i'm thinking will be best) and are willing to accept that I will probably play drunk and very loose :D

Also, only established SCS members, sorry.

Interested parties as below, ideally we would get at least 5 with 9 being the optimal number.
1. IDIG (LaPorky)
2. Ben's Beasts (bpr020285)
3. Mr Young (Antsey)
4. THCLT (SCS THCLT)
5. Rowsus (Suswor)
6. stephen (Scrailler) - has pulled out
7. doc ron (Tex McKenzie)
8. aps1 (slobboy66)
9. jbar (jamesbarth)
10. Maso (13Maso13)
11. kakarot (k@k@rot)

Last edited:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
You know that I'm a sucker when it comes to playing poker with mates...I'll personally put myself down right now!

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh I'm in!

Thinking that the monthly game will have prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Also thinking that with the end of season prize we could have a scoring system which accrues as the year goes on.

It could be similar to the pub poker league I play in where the points are distributed similarly. It would look like this:

Monthly game points allocation

1st: 12.5
2nd: 10
3rd: 7.5
4th: 5
5th: 4
6th: 3
7th: 2
8th: 1
9th: 0

Then at the end of the season there are prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in total points.

Just throwing this out there as an idea, happy to go with something different if that suits others better.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Cool! And in the spirit of camaraderie and poker mind games I look forward to making each and every one of my SCS opponents my *****.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Cool! And in the spirit of camaraderie and poker mind games I look forward to making each and every one of my SCS opponents my *****.
Ooh shots fired, shots fired!

I tell all my mates, the only way they can beat me is to get lucky or to get me drunk. They generally manage to do both!

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Floating some stakes ideas.

How about $20 per month with $5/month contribution to the end of year pool which would be $60 each in total.

With 9 players that would work out to be $540 pool ($270/$170/$100 prizes).

For the monthly game, my vote would be for only 2 to get paid. With $20 buy in, something like $120/$60

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sorry for my naivety but this is Texas Holdem we're talking about.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry for my naivety but this is Texas Holdem we're talking about.
Yeah that's right.

So once a month we play a mini tournament (online), and prizemoney is split like usual but we also keep a record of results each time we play and points are tallied up for an end of year prize as well.

Do you play doc?

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Never played poker on-line before...

So do we just log in to a 'private' tourney on a site?
Does buy-in involves 'cash' transaction on the site or just with poker chips?
Is there a way an 'admin' can keep records of all the monthly game?

Sorry...have only played poker with 'real' cash lol

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I have just created a private club on pokerstars.

Looks like we can do it for play money which is good, as you are allocated play money when you sign up... that way no one needs to deposit funds to the actual site, and in turn we won't need to pay additional fees to poker stars themselves.

I will PM everyone who has registered interest with details to make sure you can all log in and see what i'm seeing. We could do a test run in the coming weeks to ensure we're all good to go.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Never played poker on-line before...

So do we just log in to a 'private' tourney on a site?
Does buy-in involves 'cash' transaction on the site or just with poker chips?
Is there a way an 'admin' can keep records of all the monthly game?

Sorry...have only played poker with 'real' cash lol
Just to answer your questions as well.

Yeah i've created a club and in turn will create private tournaments that only we can join on the site.

The way i've set it up, we'll only need to buy in with play money and no real cash deposit will be required to be made to the actual site.

The records will be saved on the site itself, so we can always go back to see the order of results, although we will need to tally ourselves as we are using a custom scoring system.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nice work IDIG. I'll join the private club when I'm on a desktop next. Just on my phone at the minute.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm in.
I'm on Pokerstars most days, how do I find this private club?

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Have sent some info through now guys. There's a test tournament created for January but we can finalise the specifics later. I just wanted to see how it worked etc

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Also, if the play money scenario is too much stuffing around or confusing for everyone, we can just do real money and pay the small fee (usually extra $2 for $20 entry).

It will save the need to transfer money monthly and there won't be any delay waiting for funds to be returned. It'll all just go through your pokerstars account.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have played games on an app i downloaded and watched a few hands on tv. Can still get a bit confused with the betting but wouldnt mind donating a few hard earned to you blokes. So if theres a spot im in. Probably turn in to another addiction.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Have played games on an app i downloaded and watched a few hands on tv. Can still get a bit confused with the betting but wouldnt mind donating a few hard earned to you blokes. So if theres a spot im in. Probably turn in to another addiction.
Haha that's the spirit! :D

I'll send you a PM with more info now. Let us know if unsure as it'll be a little bit of work to get started, especially if you're new to poker sites as a whole.