Discussion SCS Poker

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
12 handed! :eek:

5-6 limping in, means someone has come in with rubbish ........ usually.
I'd be worried about a 10, and being out kicked. Unless he has shown during the night he will make blu*** like this, cut bait and run.
Fold.
Haha yeah bit of a social game and everyone just wanted to stay on the one table. It was sooooo slow though, painfully slow which is why I think so many were limping just so they could play.

I think you mean he had a J and me out kickered, which is what I had him on as well (great minds? :D) so ended up folding and spewing about it 12 hours later lol

I spoke to another mate who’s played with him before and said he plays very unconventionally and it’s impossible to put him on any hand at any time so my fold was probably right.

Hopefully I play with him again and he remembers the hand cos I’ll probably ask him!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Haha yeah bit of a social game and everyone just wanted to stay on the one table. It was sooooo slow though, painfully slow which is why I think so many were limping just so they could play.

I think you mean he had a J and me out kickered, which is what I had him on as well (great minds? :D) so ended up folding and spewing about it 12 hours later lol

I spoke to another mate who’s played with him before and said he plays very unconventionally and it’s impossible to put him on any hand at any time so my fold was probably right.

Hopefully I play with him again and he remembers the hand cos I’ll probably ask him!
Depending on the time of the night (ie how much longer he expected to play), and how he was travelling, he could have easily come in 10/rag, just to get some action, or with a 10 9/ J 10 suited connector as well. The check on the turn clouds the range a bit, and gave him a free hit if he was fishing. I think another $5 or $8 bet might have bought you some info.

Last edited:

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Depending on the time of the night (ie how much longer he expected to play), and how he was travelling, he could have easily come in 10/rag, just to get some action, or with a 10 9/ J 10 suited connector as well. The check on the turn clouds the range a bit, and gave him a free hit if he was fishing. I think another $5 or $8 bet might have bought you some info.
Nah things were getting a bit hazy at that stage of the night (cold beers on a warm night will do that!) but from memory he had announced he was taking off in 45 mins but i can't be sure how far into that 45 he was at that moment in time. I think he was up, he'd taken a decent couple of pots but i wasn't really paying attention to how he was playing as i was enjoying more of the social side of things.

I reckon a bet on the turn will be how i play it next time. I actually checked the turn because i wanted to rep bottom or mid pair or possibly even a positional flop bet with air, to then hopefully get him to call my river bet with middle pair himself thinking he might have me beat. The raise was very unexpected though and my mind wandered back to my silly call in the last cash game. I figured i was up and would just wait for a better spot to get my money in...although as i continue to think about the hand and the way he played it, i reckon i'm good quite often here.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
$1M buy in and this happens...:eek:

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the main poker tournaments on ESPN (primarily the World Series of Poker Main Event) over the past couple of years.

Attached is the crazy hand to determine the final table at the 2018 World Series of Poker Main Event.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thoroughly enjoyed watching the main poker tournaments on ESPN (primarily the World Series of Poker Main Event) over the past couple of years.

Attached is the crazy hand to determine the final table at the 2018 World Series of Poker Main Event.
Also attached is the final hand of that tournament which occurred after approximately 9-10 hours of heads up play for the 8.8 million 1st prize.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

Oh the pain! They all would’ve been feeling so good about things heading into the final table, except maybe the last KK guy who must’ve thought AA was a real chance with 2 guys all in ahead of him.
If it happened online, we’d all be screaming ‘rigged’! ?

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agreed. Labat could have easily folded KK there.
Not very often you'd do it, but given the situation, you wouldn't be hung for doing it.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Played last night. Full ring home game, very loose, lots of players seeing raised flops and pretty much action every hand. $50 buy in and I ended up having to rebuy a whopping 5 times by 10pm! :sick::ROFLMAO:

Highlights of the night for me.

My QQ v AT. T53 flop and both all in. Flop comes 4, river comes you guessed it 2.

Suited AK v QQ v 46. Lots of action pre flop and 46 who’s winning hangs around. Flop comes 446. I make my flush on the turn and we all go in lol.

I end up recovering to be down just over $100 but gee it was looking like an expensive night for me!

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
After my 3rd rebuy I really opened up my range hence me quickly getting to a 5th rebuy lol. Partially tilt, partially needing to get in pots to get my money back.

Also lost a hand with KQ, after flopping top 2 pair but can’t remember what hand I lost to. Just one of those nights.

“That’s poker” as I told the apologetic guy who hit runner runner to outdraw me.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone keen to get a game going again? I'm planning to set up a regular game while we're all stuck at home for my other poker crew.

I thought it worked quite well on pokerstars and have just had another look and doesn't look like too much has changed.

Here's what i'm proposing:
- monthly game
- $20 entry
- 5k starting chips, should run about 2-3 hours
- prizes depending on how many enter but i'd same 50/30/20% for top 3. Think i can get 10-20
- open to all but payment required upfront

I'm just gonna suss out what day suits my usual poker group but i'd say Friday, Saturday or Sunday could be a goer. Let me know!

EDIT: Friday or Sunday night looking most likely.

Last edited:

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
While I'm off work due to C-19, I can do the Friday, and the Sunday is no problem at all!
Yeah I thought that might be the case but thought I’d check. Can’t remember what time (or day) it works out to be for you but pretty sure it’s early!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah I thought that might be the case but thought I’d check. Can’t remember what time (or day) it works out to be for you but pretty sure it’s early!
Weekends are easy for me, I can get up whenever.
When daylight savings ends there I will be 8 hours behind you, so 8pm is noon for me.