Discussion SCS Poker

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Well done to those in the money. Biggest game yet with 21 playing and went for a very reasonable 3 hours 9 mins. Not sure about anyone else but i liked playing 6 handed (i don't usually). The gameplay is good throughout and not too slow or nitty and the lights and announcement when you reach the final table was the cherry on top. Will wait for feedback.

1st - $150 @stephen
2nd - $100 @baz_machine
3rd - $70 @THCLT
4th - $60 @IDIG
5th - $40 FaroutKismet aka asanque

Send us your account details or happy to hold for next games.

1588513380421.png

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well done @stephen, a good fight back, as from memory you looked nearly down and out when there were about 9 or 10 players left.

@IDIG If you really felt you were facing AK in your bones, you fold it, as you were trying to protect your bubble finish. Bubble play is a bit different to normal play, as we all know. Given the stage, and state of the tournament, I'm guessing you would have felt worse playing it, and going broke to AK, than folding it. Having said that, I'd have crossed my fingers and rode it out, 9 out of 10 times.

AFL Club
Carlton
I was thinking that but then i raise, they shove, and there's a call behind then i'm in no better position (worse actually) if i have one of them on AK. But upon review probably nitty there. I play tournaments a bit different to cashies, where i'd shove in a cashy no probs but in that spot i tend to fold (rightly or wrongly) and look to find a better spot to stack off when im not against the two big stacks.

Yeah fair comparison with KK and AA and tbh i don't think i've folded KK pre, maybe once lol

I wonder if i would've felt better about calling and seeing AK vs folding and not seeing AK :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Sorry just to be clear i meant check raise the flop once the action got back to you.

Bubble considerations aside, you’ve less than 30bb in chips, and there’s 20bb in the pot once the action gets back round to you on the flop. It’s a great spot to shove because you get called by plenty of queen hands, and also a decent amount of weaker pair plus straight draw combos (plus two pair and sets).

You have the second nuts, if someone wakes up with ace king it’s a really really bad beat. In a cash game with 200bb stacks then yeah it’s not a shove in that spot, and a lay down after a shove and call on a later street could be considered, but being that shallow makes it pretty black and white imo.

As a general rule of thumb, larger stack sizes relative to big blind = more caution about getting it all in without the nuts.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
@IDIG If you really felt you were facing AK in your bones, you fold it, as you were trying to protect your bubble finish. Bubble play is a bit different to normal play, as we all know. Given the stage, and state of the tournament, I'm guessing you would have felt worse playing it, and going broke to AK, than folding it. Having said that, I'd have crossed my fingers and rode it out, 9 out of 10 times.
Sorry just to be clear i meant check raise the flop once the action got back to you.

Bubble considerations aside, you’ve less than 30bb in chips, and there’s 20bb in the pot once the action gets back round to you on the flop. It’s a great spot to shove because you get called by plenty of queen hands, and also a decent amount of weaker pair plus straight draw combos (plus two pair and sets).

You have the second nuts, if someone wakes up with ace king it’s a really really bad beat. In a cash game with 200bb stacks then yeah it’s not a shove in that spot, and a lay down after a shove and call on a later street could be considered, but being that shallow makes it pretty black and white imo.

As a general rule of thumb, larger stack sizes relative to big blind = more caution about getting it all in without the nuts.
Thanks guys. Yeah being on the bubble was definitely a consideration (after being the bubble boy in game 1) but in hindsight, it was probably a bad fold in that spot. As i mentioned, I generally err on the side of caution in tournaments with survival in mind, whereas in cash games i am anything but, which is probably why i either walk out up heaps or down heaps and no in between :ROFLMAO:

If I can get some more feedback on that format, in particular playing 6 handed that would be appreciated.

AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks guys. Yeah being on the bubble was definitely a consideration (after being the bubble boy in game 1) but in hindsight, it was probably a bad fold in that spot. As i mentioned, I generally err on the side of caution in tournaments with survival in mind, whereas in cash games i am anything but, which is probably why i either walk out up heaps or down heaps and no in between :ROFLMAO:

If I can get some more feedback on that format, in particular playing 6 handed that would be appreciated.
Holy boloney, you folded a flopped straight? I totally dodged a bullet.
I assume both of you either had a up and down draw or two pair
If you had AK, well you got AK. The board can pair on river so I'm not dead.
Insta call

Well not even that, get it all in there on the flop. Even if I had AK, you can still chop it with an A.
You have to be willing to go busto on the bubble with the second best hand

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
AFL Club
Hawthorn

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Cool, have named a tournament for this Sunday night. I don't think we'll get close to 20 this time around so have made it a 10 minute, 10k stack, full ring tournament. I still feel 6 handed will be the way to go but will know for sure after this next game.

Also, might mention now that with covid related lockdown rules loosening, I probably won't be running too many more of these moving forward, or will at least push them out to monthly (or more) as the subsequent phases are rolled out. So, if you're paying in advance, maybe just pay for the one extra game.