Competitions SCS Premier League Darts- World Championships - Tuesday 27th December @10:00pm AEDT

Which tournament scoring system would you like for 2023?

• Keep current scoring system- Points accumulated throughout season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all,

Having recently played the fantasy competition at the recent 2022 World Championships, and given there is no other fantasy platform that I am aware of, I have decided to run a season long competition for those interested in testing their hand at darts.
So that brings me to the release of the SCS Premier League Darts competition, which will be featuring the biggest darts events on the calendar. The schedule I have devised is as follows:

2022 SCS Premier League.png

The first event kicks off Saturday morning 0600hrs AEDT, the Ladbrokes Masters. Below is the tournament bracket and scoring method for the Ladbrokes Masters.

Tournament Bracket.png
2022 Ladbrokes Masters.png
*Note Simon Whitlock is an alternate entry as Danny Noppert has pulled out.

The details around team selection for the Ladbrokes Masters are as follows:

*Player cost is simply PDC Order of Merit earnings. This will be the method used all season long.
*Initial team size is 6 and has a salary cap of 3mil pounds. Team selection must include 2 top 8 players and be filled out by "rest" players.
*Trading period will be announced after the completion of the 2nd round (Sunday morning), and ahead of the final day's action beginning approx Sunday 2245hrs AEDT. Any 4 player team combinations within 3mil pounds salary cap will be accepted.
*Scoring is as follows from the above chart, with 5 bonus points awarded to a participant holding the Masters winner through the entirety of the tournament.
*Captain x2 and VC x1.5 for both rounds of the tournament and all avenues of scoring in the chart, except for the tournament winner bonus points. Changes in C/VC may occur during trading period. Please be clear and concise of choices. Default captaincy will revert to highest and 2nd highest valued players if not stipulated.
*Should there be a withdrawal during a tournament, that is the luck of the draw, and no replacement player or points will be awarded.
*In the event that an entry exceeds value and the entry remains unamended at lockout, the lowest cost player exceeding value will be automatically transferred to the lowest cost player that doesn't exceed value. (eg a team 50K over budget that has selected White as cheapest player has no alternative selection. If Searle is next cheapest player he would be automatically substituted by Dolan who is the cheapest alternative to fit into salary constraints). Within time constraints of lockout, I will PM participant if I notice an over budget entry, but it falls on the participant themselves to calculate the cost of their team before submitting.

LOCKOUTS:
1st/2nd Round Saturday 29th 0600hrs AEDT
QF-Final Sunday 30th 2245hrs AEDT

Entries can be simply posted in the thread or via PM to myself. If a participant chooses to PM their entry it will be disclosed after lockout has closed.
Due to Covid, it would be wise to leave posting an entry until at the earliest Thursday 27th (however an early indication of participation would be encouraged and helpful).

All welcome to join, and I hope to receive your entry. For integrity, I will be sending my entry to @Connoisseur by the lockout closure.

I intend to advertise event #2 Cazoo Premier League once the field is set at the conclusion of the Ladbrokes Masters next Monday morning.

Regards,
Andrew

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thank you @The Banker and I am looking forward to what should be a terrific concept adding that extra interest to all tournaments and matches this season. Hopefully this helps attract newcomers to the sport, as with all fantasy formats no knowledge of the players or the rules is required and you will be very surprised to see how well you fare.

My current tentative entry is:
P Wright= $1,191,500
J Clayton= $415,250
R Cross= $357,000 (C)
J Cullen= $313,750
K Ratajski= $310,250
D Chisnall= $288,000 (VC)
Total= $2,875,750

From the top 8, I have selected the reigning world champion, Peter Wright, and the defending Masters champion Jonny Clayton as his success at the unranked tournaments such as the Premier League, the Masters and the World Series Finals does not accurately reflect his form over the past year and therefore can be selected at a discounted price.

From the remaining players, I have selected Cullen and Chisnall for their scoring power and as they both have nice draws which could lead to a Quarter Final or Semi Final appearance. Ratajski has not lost to Clemens on the pro tour or at televised tournaments and I expect that to continue but he will have a much tougher ask to defeat M Smith. Finally I have selected Rob Cross as my current captain due to his form in the second half of last year and as the player outside of the top 8 that I am most confident on of progressing to the Quarter Final stage.

It's funny that both of you have nominated Cross and Chisnall as C/VC in drafts.
Both in my current draft, and early thoughts have been that they will be likely C/VC selections for my side as well, just not sure which way I will go yet.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi all,

Having recently played the fantasy competition at the recent 2022 World Championships, and given there is no other fantasy platform that I am aware of, I have decided to run a season long competition for those interested in testing their hand at darts.
So that brings me to the release of the SCS Premier League Darts competition, which will be featuring the biggest darts events on the calendar. The schedule I have devised is as follows:

View attachment 38620

The first event kicks off Saturday morning 0600hrs AEDT, the Ladbrokes Masters. Below is the tournament bracket and scoring method for the Ladbrokes Masters.

View attachment 38618
View attachment 38619
*Note Simon Whitlock is an alternate entry as Danny Noppert has pulled out.

The details around team selection for the Ladbrokes Masters are as follows:

*Player cost is simply PDC Order of Merit earnings. This will be the method used all season long.
*Initial team size is 6 and has a salary cap of 3mil pounds. Team selection must include 2 top 8 players and be filled out by "rest" players.
*Trading period will be announced after the completion of the 2nd round (Sunday morning), and ahead of the final day's action beginning approx Sunday 2245hrs AEDT. Any 4 player team combinations within 3mil pounds salary cap will be accepted.
*Scoring is as follows from the above chart, with 5 bonus points awarded to a participant holding the Masters winner through the entirety of the tournament.
*Captain x2 and VC x1.5 for both rounds of the tournament and all avenues of scoring in the chart, except for the tournament winner bonus points. Changes in C/VC may occur during trading period. Please be clear and concise of choices. Default captaincy will revert to highest and 2nd highest valued players if not stipulated.
*Should there be a withdrawal during a tournament, that is the luck of the draw, and no replacement player or points will be awarded.
*In the event that an entry exceeds value and the entry remains unamended at lockout, the lowest cost player exceeding value will be automatically transferred to the lowest cost player that doesn't exceed value. (eg a team 50K over budget that has selected White as cheapest player has no alternative selection. If Searle is next cheapest player he would be automatically substituted by Dolan who is the cheapest alternative to fit into salary constraints). Within time constraints of lockout, I will PM participant if I notice an over budget entry, but it falls on the participant themselves to calculate the cost of their team before submitting.

LOCKOUTS:
1st/2nd Round Saturday 29th 0600hrs AEDT
QF-Final Sunday 30th 2245hrs AEDT

Entries can be simply posted in the thread or via PM to myself. If a participant chooses to PM their entry it will be disclosed after lockout has closed.
Due to Covid, it would be wise to leave posting an entry until at the earliest Thursday 27th (however an early indication of participation would be encouraged and helpful).

All welcome to join, and I hope to receive your entry. For integrity, I will be sending my entry to @Connoisseur by the lockout closure.

I intend to advertise event #2 Cazoo Premier League once the field is set at the conclusion of the Ladbrokes Masters next Monday morning.

Regards,
Andrew
@squid , @toxic, @blue dreamer, @Woosie , @Juzzo, @Tails and @eno

Let’s spice this up a little...

I’m offering up 3 prizes for the podium finishers as paid entries into the 2023 AFL SuperCoach cash leagues run on-site. I assume everyone plays Supercoach else that's awkward, but enough incentive to take it up next year haha.

1st - $100 league entry
2nd - $50 league entry
3rd - $20 league entry

I’m not expecting to take a podium position but if I do its fair game and that entry will be used for my team.

Hopefully that's enough incentive to get some further entries.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

I’m offering up 3 prizes for the podium finishers as paid entries into the 2023 AFL SuperCoach cash leagues run on-site. I assume everyone plays Supercoach else that's awkward, but enough incentive to take it up next year haha.

1st - $100 league entry
2nd - $50 league entry
3rd - $20 league entry

I’m not expecting to take a podium position but if I do its fair game and that entry will be used for my team.

You really are going above and beyond here.

I'm still planning at looking at putting an entry together on Wednesday with the day off, but I am not sure how much interest you will get, even with three prizes on offer. I think we struggled to get to 6 for the last comp with a bit of advertising - darts is just not all that popular compared to some other sports here. It would be a shame to see so much time and work (and money) wasted, maybe one of the Leadership Team who has run successful contests himself has some ideas for drumming up some interest if you ask nicely? ;)

You really are going above and beyond here.

I'm still planning at looking at putting an entry together on Wednesday with the day off, but I am not sure how much interest you will get, even with three prizes on offer. I think we struggled to get to 6 for the last comp with a bit of advertising - darts is just not all that popular compared to some other sports here. It would be a shame to see so much time and work (and money) wasted, maybe one of the Leadership Team who has run successful contests himself has some ideas for drumming up some interest if you ask nicely? ;)
All good mate, I knew you were planning on entering.

I see it as a small donation (some goes to the site), and wouldn’t do it if I couldn’t or didn’t want to. So for experimental purposes let’s see if it pushes a few to try their hand 🎯

Time wise, not overly worried, big gaps between events, and I’m set up now. Just a bit of maintenance on the weekend of an event.

AFL Club
Melbourne

1st - $100 league entry
2nd - $50 league entry
3rd - $20 league entry

Wow that is generous.(y)

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nathan Aspinall withdrawn through injury.
Devon Petersen replaces him.
MVG becomes more enticing as a selection, as Aspinall was in his quarter of the draw and he should be keen to atone for his exit at the World Championships due to Covid and at an event in which he has had a lot of success. 5 consecutive wins between 2015 and 2019 at the Masters, although this was under the old format in which only the top 16 qualified.

MVG becomes more enticing as a selection, as Aspinall was in his quarter of the draw and he should be keen to atone for his exit at the World Championships due to Covid and at an event in which he has had a lot of success. 5 consecutive wins between 2015 and 2019 at the Masters, although this was under the old format in which only the top 16 qualified.
Interesting that you bring up MVG. My though process was fading both Price and Wright as a differential move for the first part of the Masters and going with MVG. Thought process is that it squeezes in Dimitri, who I would imagine is going to get faded in this upcoming first part due to salary constraints, form and an impending matchup with Clayton, but in his favour has scoring power. Was beaten at the recent Worlds in his opening match by Hempel, but did top 100 avg. This structure also has me on a couple of differentials for the starting team points should they go on to win the Masters.

This is where I currently sit.

Current Team.png

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting that you bring up MVG. My though process was fading both Price and Wright as a differential move for the first part of the Masters and going with MVG. Thought process is that it squeezes in Dimitri, who I would imagine is going to get faded in this upcoming first part due to salary constraints, form and an impending matchup with Clayton, but in his favour has scoring power. Was beaten at the recent Worlds in his opening match by Hempel, but did top 100 avg. This structure also has me on a couple of differentials for the starting team points should they go on to win the Masters.

This is where I currently sit.

View attachment 38721
Originally I intended on selecting Van Gerwen over Clayton but the selections the savings allow and the option to start Wright from the start, as he has a nicer quarter than Price is too hard to resist. I am also very guilty of intentionally trying to avoid leaving surplus cash remaining which is why I will wait on Van Gerwen and start Peter.

Originally I intended on selecting Van Gerwen over Clayton but the selections the savings allow and the option to start Wright from the start, as he has a nicer quarter than Price is too hard to resist. I am also very guilty of intentionally trying to avoid leaving surplus cash remaining which is why I will wait on Van Gerwen and start Peter.
Fair call and I really like the side you have selected. I see it as closer to a template side, and given it’s week 1, I don’t mind taking the template on.

The bonus points can only go to one player, and I’d rather differential with that in mind, with the notion to grabbing Price or Wright during the first trading period heading into the quarters.