Leagues SCS Premier League

Who's your vote to take out SCS PL 2019?

• IDIG and jaca (so jaca in other words)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Bomber18

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creekers

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Goodie's Guns

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Courtesans

• Ben's Beasts

• THCLT

• Darkie

• Blaze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brettthejett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood

In my case:

(1) Upgrades were poor, eg Rocky, Lynch, Roo a few others I can't recall. The expectant good upgrades failed. Very unexpected.

(2) Not starting O'Meara, Swallow, Roughead, Sicily types. Going as much as possible pure G's R's. Go for youth as upgrade material. Need fewer LTI's,.. this is just pure luck.
(1) Missed out on good premium rookies (didn't start Marchbank, WHE, Witts) and had poor trade ins (Bont, Yeo late, Grundy, Goldy, Lynch, etc)

(2) Start all the 80 avg 200k rookies and don't get too rigid with my keepers (looking good so far as I only have about 6-7 I'm happy with). Trade in the fallen premium.
(1) Generally I think it was because well performed SuperCoaches are hard wired to pick scoring history over potential and there were a lot of high scoring players last year that did not have that history. I speak of the likes of Kelly, Oliver, Crouch, Kruezer even Dusty and TMitch to some extent. I suspect many were slow to trust these players because they were waiting for the usual downturn and it never came.

On the flip side there were many players with a stellar history that did not score that well. I speak of Pendlebury, Jelwood, Fyfe was down for a lot of the year (but did recover late), even Ablett, Goldy and Gawn (to some extent).

Finally I also think those that had been identified as the next wave of super-prems had poor years. I speak of Treloar and Bont (especially if you didn’t start him and double especially if you traded him in around round 8 - like me)

(2). That is the $50,000 question. I don’t know yet and probably won’t until I finalise my team in the last week. My gut feel is that last year was somewhat of an outlier in this respect however am I brave enough to risk falling for the same trick two years in a row. Whilst I actually had a better year last year than the few previous I was guilty of some of the behaviour describe above.

I doubt will we get another year with so much new blood in the top scorers however I will be very interested to see if last years crop back it up or whether a few of the old guard get back in there.
1) We have a lot of Coaches on this site that walk a traditional route. Most years it holds them in good stead, last season it was a recipe for disaster. I think a compromise between last years value picks, and previous years of trusting history might be the way forward.

2) I had a good plan last year, and it was working well for about two thirds of the season. I let myself wander off the road a little, and the wheels fell off really quickly. This year I intend to tighten the lug nuts, and stick to my guns!
Thanks folks - some very interesting feedback.

For what it's worth the conclusion I reached for #1 was basically exactly what Beg2Differ and Rowsus enunciated. I had Pendles, Selwood and Fyfe (until I tried to "upgrade" him with a slingshot move over the bye - which was another damaging call in retrospect, albeit seemingly logical at the time) and was never going to start the likes of Oliver over JOM or Swallow, so that hurt doubly.

It appears that a lot of others on the site had a similar experience, perhaps with a slightly different set of names.

Personally I am disinclined to throw out an approach that has worked for me in the past, and seemingly for others for years, especially one that to me is logical as well as suited to my personality.

I am working on the basis that 2018 will be a lot more like 2016 and 2015 than 2017 ... if I am incorrect, I will have another bad year, and likely then have to admit that I need to change my thinking.

But if I changed my approach to suit last year's outcome, I feel like I would be fighting the last war, and be very annoyed at myself for not sticking to my guns. So this year is essentially the test case for me. I am pretty confident I will be happy that I backed my method, but time will tell whether that was the right call!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
PL = sweet :)

Loved the CL experience last year, but man that was tough - was lucky to make the finals.

Bring on 2018!

AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanh 12th seed, Jay 15th seed, Keith 17th seed and Phil 18th seed ........ ?

hmmmmm ........ not sure I sit well at 4th seed, with guys with that sort of history sitting so far below me!
Thrilled to be elevated into such an illustrious league. Lookimg forward to a great year of SC.

I'm with you Rowan, I think there are a few in the league trying to fly under the radar and give a false sense of security :rolleyes:.

In any case, I will do my best to justify my position in this great league:cool:.

AFL Club
Essendon
Oh boy with the talent coming into the PL i think the Muppets days are numbered :eek:

AFL Club
Melbourne
Less than 1 week to go until first Lockout. Starting to get excited now.
How is everyone feeling about their team? Are they a bit vanilla, extreme POD or somewhere in between?

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
How is everyone feeling about their team? Are they a bit vanilla, extreme POD or somewhere in between?
I thing I can be pretty sure of, my team won't be vanilla!

...... but that comes as a shock to nobody ;) :p

AFL Club
Collingwood
Well, I am boring and vanilla. Pick the best ones I can find with the info available. Probably good for a mates side having a first go, happy with that.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
You're never going to forget that phrase now...lol

AFL Club
Melbourne
Well, I am boring and vanilla. Pick the best ones I can find with the info available. Probably good for a mates side having a first go, happy with that.
Just add some choc sauce and sprinkles via loopholes and smart trading - beats the fancy stuff 9 times out of 10 ;)

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah can't wait for the season to start and this will be a ripper league.

My team is fairly vanilla with 4 sprinkles (POD's) as it stands.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mostly vanilla but with a honeycomb twist :rolleyes:

Yep, the excitement for next week is growing - now to convince my beautiful wife I should watch every game of footy...why did I get married in week 1 of the season?? Anniversaries are problematic when trying to set up SC sides!

AFL Club
Melbourne
My team looks fairly standard. It includes a few PODs, but none of them are particularly outrageous.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Think I have just the 1 Super POD...for now at least...so a vanilla order please!

AFL Club
West Coast
I really hate this part of the pre-season... At this point I just want the season to have started and my team to be locked in, lol

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Fairly settled now with only a few changes depending on rookie selections.