Leagues SCS Premier League

Who's your vote to take out SCS PL 2019?

• IDIG and jaca (so jaca in other words)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Bomber18

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Creekers

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Goodie's Guns

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Courtesans

• Ben's Beasts

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • THCLT

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Darkie

• Blaze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brettthejett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
ROUND 3 RESULTS

4 wins for the HOME and 5 wins for the AWAY teams.

1554646521454.png

I was not wrong when I predicted that defending champion in Beasts FC would face a tricky encounter against Jaca's Attackers. Fyfe's ill timed head knock handed the defending champion the victory by the narrowness of margin.

5 matches were decided by less than 32 points, whilst the remaining 4 victorious teams all enjoyed 100+ margins!

GV Vikings has the honour of being the highest scoring team for the round with a massive 2,446 whilst team Philzsay occupied the cellar dweller with his 2,075. Average score for the round ended up being 2,220 which is a continued improvement from 2,094 (Rd1) and 2,168 (Rd2).

League is currently ranked 1,132 (of 26,733) which I'm sure will not be a true reflection at the end of the year.

Below is a listing of popular Keepers and Rookies amongst the coaches.
  • 9 coaches made 2 trades
  • 6 coaches made 1 trade
  • 3 coaches made 0 trade
1554647340688.png 1554647454287.png

The tables below charts the progress of all 18 teams thus far.

1554647810476.png
1554647828561.png

doc ron

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm certainly finding it tough in such elite company. Looks like i might be heading straight back down in to the lower divisions next season. My only consolation is that IDIG is behind me in total points. ;)

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
ROUND 4 (Rd2 of H2H league matches)

1554784237249.png
Now that the pleasantries of that first round of H2H matches are behind us and coaches have that initial round to read into our tactics, it's time to recharge our teams again for another gruelling instalment of H2H matches.

Two coaches will have to make a decision on D Martin, while a further 10 and 6 will be following the respective concussion recovery of N Fyfe and T Rockliff with great interest. Four such coaches will be on the edge as they have both. Only five coaches have managed to avoid all 3.

Rookies on the Bubble
-29 J Lockhart D/M $102,400
-4 O Markov $158,000

-53 C Wagner $123,900
-27 T Sparrow $117,300
20 T Thomas $175,800

-19 L Schultz $117,300
2 N Balta $123,900

For this season, I've decided to compile a weekly RELATIVE ladder. Relative in that your position on this ladder is determined by a combination of your H2H and overall rankings relative to other teams within the league. You can interpret this RELATIVE ranking as a measure of how tough your opponent will be as an example, but I'll leave that to your own imagination as the season progresses.

Without further to do, below is the first rendition of the RELATIVE ladder as of the conclusion of Round 3.

1554785887173.png
A couple of examples to highlight the 'essence' of this RELATIVE ladder.
  • Courtesans is sitting 2nd on the H2H ladder but 8th on the RELATIVE ladder due to his 'poorer' overall rank
  • Conversely, Goodie's Guns is 8th on the H2H ladder, but due to his 'better' overall rank, he's sitting 4th on the RELATIVE ladder

Outside a drawn result, the completion of this round of H2H matches will see 3 teams to remain undefeated, 3 teams to notch up their first victory & 3 teams to remain winless as a minimum.

If you thought last round battle of the Mods was a tough tussle, then this round sequel will be no different between Jibrangers and Goodie's Guns. Two young aspiring coaches who're rapidly mastering the art of balancing SC and Moderating, the prize awaiting them at the end of the round will be one of a group of undefeated teams heading into Round 5.

After their narrow losses last round, one of Jaca's Attackers (1 point) or Blaze of Glory (7 points) will experience a change of fortune, whilst the other could be pondering what might have been.

Our weekly Match of the Round also gets an upgrade for season 2019 which will see an in-depth analysis of both teams. First to be under the microscope will be Beasts FC v GV Vikings! Beasts FC dodged a huge bullet last round whilst GV Vikings showed the other 17 coaches that he's the real deal by outscoring the next best team by a whopping 143 points!

So prior to any 'cunning' trades that they have in mind, here's how their respective XXII on-filed looks on paper.
For future reference, 3-Rd Ave will become FIVE once we get to that mark and Ave Projections are based on the on-field XXII averages, including the highest as the Captain.

1554788199682.png
Structurally both teams are very similar, with GV Vikings taking on a few MP players who've served him well thus far. Only the 6 POD players as it stand, but we know that Beasts FC has some trades brewing in the pot. GV Vikings did his corrections last round and I just don't see any reason for him to tinker with a 'winning' formula.

This will be closer than the Overall Rankings and Ave Projections would suggest, but I think GV Vikings gets the chocolates by 47 points.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only time I'll be second in this league, real relative or otherwise! Have avoided the aforementioned players, Kelly as well if he is out.

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon
Good luck GG - will be a cracker of a game! A game against you is really a roulette with your army of backline rookies. If they all fire you'll go huge but conversely might struggle if you get hit with a 30 type score from one of the more "depth" rookies.

Will be interesting to see how your team plays out, definitely has strong potential to finish strong with your lack of midpricer/list clogger type players but might be vulnerable early. I'm hoping for my sake, a few of your backline rookies which I don't start have quieter games :p

Deeman1

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great write up Thanh!

I think this early in the season, O/A ranking can be somewhat deceptive. For example if we looked at the O/A ranking of my team before last week, the match up v Beasts FC would look completely different.

Seems like it's been a pretty tough start to the season for a lot of good SC players in this league and maybe even across SCS. One thing I'm sure of is that there will be no easy matches this year in the PL.

Once again great work on the write-up and goodluck to all as we head into Rd 2!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good luck GG - will be a cracker of a game! A game against you is really a roulette with your army of backline rookies. If they all fire you'll go huge but conversely might struggle if you get hit with a 30 type score from one of the more "depth" rookies.

Will be interesting to see how your team plays out, definitely has strong potential to finish strong with your lack of midpricer/list clogger type players but might be vulnerable early. I'm hoping for my sake, a few of your backline rookies which I don't start have quieter games :p
Good luck mate. Think it will be tough for my side to get the job done over your boys.
Will be hanging on the Wednesday/Thursday team news, still yet to decide whether I will trade or not yet, and if I make another correction trade (after Heeney last week... :censored: )

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
MotR Saturday Morning Update

1555121702637.png

Note that I've pre-empted Beasts FC trades in the above table!

GV Vikings is only 17 points ahead based on the raw scores, however, he has stolen a march on the match on the back of Grundy's 160 as his Captain. A minimum of 7 PODs and Captaincy will play a part in deciding the outcome of this match, GV Vikings finds himself +17 after the 1 POD and a very handy Captain's score to boot. A lot will rest on how Beasts FC new recruits perform, particularly Neale, but it looks to be a tall order at this stage. Both teams will head into Sunday with possibly 5 players remaining, 3 of them PODs. As an observer, I would like to see this go down to the very last game of the round where we could see Worpel & Parker v Billings & Scrimshaw to decide the outcome.

Deeman1

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Melbourne
Inside knowledge, lol, certainly different to what I see in match centre.

You Mods sticking together again 🤣

Looks like the cat is out of the bag, not that it matters, no trades for me...

AFL Club
Melbourne
Inside knowledge, lol, certainly different to what I see in match centre.

You Mods sticking together again 🤣

Looks like the cat is out of the bag, not that it matters, no trades for me...
Trades completed!

OUT: Steele, Atkins
IN: Neale, Stack

Steele a near certainty to outscore Neale on the back of this..