Leagues SCS Premier League

Who's your vote to take out SCS PL 2019?

• IDIG and jaca (so jaca in other words)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Bomber18

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Creekers

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Goodie's Guns

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Courtesans

• Ben's Beasts

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • THCLT

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Darkie

• Blaze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brettthejett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
ROUND 5 (Rd3 of H2H league matches)

1555307722551.png

All 18 coaches will be hanging on the MRP findings with regards to Danger & Setterfield, whilst the 4 coaches who held onto Fyfe hopes that he's over his concussion symptoms. The poor performances to date of our FWD Rookies stock is causing great angst amongst the coaches. Drew/Setterfield/Parker are common across all teams and with 11 also owning Balta, it doesn't make for pleasant reading. I can't believe that not one of us got on Miers who looks to be the best one from the early crop! Only 1 astute coach have now managed to structure their team so as to remove the need of having to field any of these FWD Rookies...Well done Jibrangers.

Rookies on the Bubble
-82 J Rotham $123,900
-75 M Hore $117,300
-29 J Lockhart D/M $102,400
-5 O Markov $158,000

-88 S Stack $102,400
-27 T Sparrow $117,300

-89 R O'Brien $136,800
-30 Z Clarke $142,600
-15 S Mumford $320,200

RELATIVE Ladder

1555308917663.png

PREVIEW Summary

Outside a drawn result, ONE team will experience their 1st lost (more later) and ONE of IDIG SCS or Rons Badboys will taste their 1st victory for the season. I'm looking forward to locking horns with SuperCoachScores, hoping that it's too early in the season for Jay to have a settled team so I can somehow 'sneak' in a win to get on the board. The plight for Beasts FC doesn't get any easier with Blaze of Glory looking to build on the momentum from last round. Jaca's Attackers may have to finally delve into his bag of trades if they are to overcome Jibrangers whose team is building nicely. Goodie's Guns Rookies DEF is up against The Darkness GG-less Rucks which makes for an interesting match.

Match of the Round

As mentioned above, ONE team will experience their 1st lost for the season at the conclusion of this round. It's fitting that MotR status goes to GV Vikings v Creekers, currently 1st & 2nd on the H2H ladder. GV Vikings is brimming with confidence (so he should) after despatching defending PL champion last round, no teams has been able to dislodge him from the top of the league scoring since the rounds of H2H matches. He's up against an unfashionable yet wise old coach in Creekers who has been confidently working his way back into the PL, even having time to suss out the credentials of his rivals for the ultimate crown. These two teams are the only ones to have enjoyed consecutive 100+ results in their favour thus far, so a high scoring affair is on the cards.

So prior to any trades, here's how their respective XXII on-filed looks on paper.

1555310933605.png

Careful spending has meant that GV Vikings is +1 on the Keepers count. 7 POD players as it currently stands, but I'm sure that this will grow as both are sure to pull a trade or two for this all important matchup. Creekers will be relying on his Uber Premiums in the MID and Darling to have a differential games, and he'll know coming into the weekend whether he it's better to just concentrate on enjoying the beers (which no doubt will be free flowing) or keep a watch on any moves from his opponent.

I really want to back in old mate Pete, but just cannot go past the form and consistency of Ashley's team so giving it to GV Vikings by 42 points.

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
Interested in how other teams are looking after 4 rounds...? Thought you all would be...;)

Below list how each teams are structured, with the POD Keepers highlighted in RED (POD = owned by 2 or less).

1555388633992.png
1555388674177.png

Creeker

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
I will back the oldboy in to get the job done by 23pts 😉
What's this oldboy business Maso ? :) Like to think I'm in my prime years.

Good luck for this week Ash, think you may have me covered. I do have 1 trade sorted, then will keep 1 in case of late outs or a drunken awesome trade idea just before a game starts.

Great work with the write ups Thahan. Enjoying being back in the mighty PL.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Well done @Lost In The Sky on being the only PL coach to start Petruccelle...there's still hope for the current 8 owners of Balta!(y)
Cheers, He's on the bench for me with the E on him unfortunately, started Parker but really hoping Parker decides he's not fit enough to play tomorrow, lol

Didn't realise until now I'm the only one with him, didn't expect this from him but knew I'd rather him than Balta. Can see Petruccelle playing all 22 games for us this year, that speed is amazing.

Last edited:

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
A few snippets of events which have unfolded in the PL for a Saturday night...or more to be more precise...early Sunday morning!
  • ROB has found an R3 spot for 15 of our coaches
  • 1 coach still yet to make any trade since the start of H2H rounds
  • 1 coach has 'buckled' under the uncertainty surrounding Constable
  • MotR = GV Vikings 5/443 v 9/758 Creekers (Darling has given Ashley a decided advantage heading into the long weekend)

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
MotR Saturday Morning Update

1555721125118.png

Both coaches with a trade up their sleeve should they feel a need to pull that trigger.

Currently sitting on 8 POD players with most likely their Captain selections which will determine the outcome of this match. Pete has shown his hand early with 5 of his POD players to 1 from Ashley to have played. Hurn (121) was magnificent in his team's drubbing, Neale/Rocky/Goldy were all under par and the less says of Darling the better! Boak (95) got through the Hutchings tag to put up a respectable score for Ashley, he'll be hoping that his 5 Saturday POD Players make the most of their good start so as to allow the Crouch's brothers to enjoy their Easter Sunday. On the other hand, Pete will be praying for a Christ-like resurrection from his team. Macrae and Newman are waiting to pounce if Ashley decide to leave the door slightly ajar. Macrae provides Pete with the ultimate joker card on Sunday should the situation arise.

Maso

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Have decided to leave Drew on the bench this week and have traded in Marshall which moves Moore to F6.
It will bite me on the bum but needed the cash from Constable 🤷🏻‍♂️ Oh well no guts no glory and if Heeney happens to be late out then i have drew as back up 😉

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
ROUND 5 RESULTS

1555922199042.png
Undefeated = GV Vikings, BTJ
Winless = FLYING HORSES, Rons Badboys, Philzsay

MotR Recap
Good Friday marked the crucifixion of Our Lord Jesus Christ and coach Pete would've like to have one of his so called Premium 'hung' for their efforts on such an occasion. Unlike the glorious resurrection of The Christ, there was no such thing for team Creekers as they failed to recover, handing GV Vikings another comfortable 100+ victory. This win not only keeps him at #1 on the H2H ladder but also overtake Jibrangers as the Overall leader. He only failed to top score again for the 3rd consecutive weeks by a mere 5 points!

Key Summaries
  • Unlike the first couple of rounds, margins were generally a lot higher with only the 1 match decided by less than 72 points
  • IDIG SCS won the battle of the winless, FLYING HORSES lost the battle of the MODs
  • 2 teams are undefeated, whilst 3 are still itching to sing their 'team' song
  • Jaca's Attackers finally delved into his bag of trades (his 1st since H2H round), but did he pulled the right string...?
  • Blaze of Glory kept the defending champion at arm's length, going on to record the highest score for the round
  • League average score for the round was at its lowest since the opening round at 2,127 and now ranked 662 (from 359)
  • 16 coaches traded in ROB, 4 traded in Stack (2 already went early) and 4 traded in Hore after previously trading him out earlier
  • 10 coaches made 2 trades
  • 8 coaches made 1 trade, meaning ALL coaches have now made at least ONE trade since the start of Rd3
  • 7 coaches have used their full quota of 6 trades
Rookies who got their 'Marching Order'
9 - Butters
8 - Setterfield
4 - Parker
3 - Balta
1 - Constable, Gibbons

Popular Keepers & Rookies

1555924415908.png 1555924453182.png

Your team progress against other coaches

1555924478416.png

Last edited:

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
Sorry Thanh you will have to wait another week before you get that 1st win :p
Hahaha...You're not far from the real truth there...You have a well balanced team with no real weakness (Walsh at M8 and Moore at F6) that I can target apart from Milera...but unfortunately I have him too!

Hopefully @Lost In The Sky will be in a more 'generous' mood next round...:rolleyes:

Maso

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Was hoping Milera would get me to byes but its time to say goodbye

THCLT

AFL Club
North Melb.
ROUND 6 (Rd4 of H2H league matches)

1555973892827.png

Some coaches have been hit with injury in their DEF stocks with Milera (2) and Andrews (5), thankfully no coaches have both. Team Muppets FC is leading the way having reduced his on-field Rookies to FOUR (not including Moore) and has already marked in a WIN for this week...and rightly so! Last round saw some of our 'stalling' Rookies reignite their cash generation, so who'll be the Drew, Gibbons & Petruccelle for this upcoming round?

Rookies on the Bubble
-82 J Rotham $123,900
-30 J Lockhart D/M $102,400
-5 O Markov $158,000

-76 J Ross $117,300
-27 T Sparrow $117,300

-30 Z Clarke $142,600

-84 L Baker $162,100
-48 S Bolton $146,600

RELATIVE Ladder

1555974988840.png

PREVIEW Summary

Outside a drawn result, we'll be left with only ONE undefeated team at the conclusion of this round (more later). As for our 3 winless teams to date, FLYING HORSES is rated a zero chance by his opponent, Philzsay has to battle his fellow MOD whilst Rons Badboys has to overcome another MOD (Sounds like the MODs have taken over the PL as we have 8/9 representing). Defending champion goes up against Creekers for old time's sake; Jibrangers will endeavour to bounce back against an in-form Blaze of Glory; SuperCoachScores will attempt a rare 3rd win on the trot against Goodie's Guns; When Brownie's Bandits wins, Courtesans losses and vice versa...that trend will continue for at least another week.

The most intriguing matchup sees our only 2 GG-less Ruck teams in The Darkness and Jaca's Attackers battling it out to see who has put that funds to best use.

Match of the Round

Ashley and his team GV Vikings loves being in the spotlight (helps when you're #1 in all KPIs). Next up to the plate to try and dethrone him is Brett, coach of BTJ. Both enters this game as the only 2 undefeated teams in the league so the winner will have that distinction solely to himself. As the name suggests, Brett The Jett will need to have all his jets firing if they're to overcome a rampaging GV Vikings. I have no doubt that coach Brett will bunker down with old mate Pete to devise a strategy to do so.

So prior to any trades, here's how their respective XXII on-filed looks on paper.

1555977132174.png

Same number of Keepers with potentially 6 POD players. Both coaches have been very selective and careful with the use of the trades to date, so will be interested to see if this philosophy continues. I predict a FWD upgrade is on the card for both teams. GV Vikings looks to have a slight edge with his POD players and without trying to sound like a broken record, I just cannot go past their current form-line, so predicting them to salute by 57 points.

Last edited: