Leagues SCS Premier League

Who's your vote to take out SCS PL 2019?

• IDIG and jaca (so jaca in other words)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Bomber18

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creekers

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Goodie's Guns

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Courtesans

• Ben's Beasts

• THCLT

• Darkie

• Blaze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brettthejett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Welcome all coaches to another season of fierce competition in the SCS Premier League.

SCS PL Hall of Fame

2019: Jaca's Attackers def Courtesans

2018: Ben’s Beasts def Ricky Bobby

2017: Creeker def IDIG

2016: Bomber18 def IDIG

2015: benderiffic def Goodie's Guns

2014: Creeker def Rockydunlop

2013: Mr_Arrogance def Moving Upward

*I can't find the results prior to 2013 so please post if you know and I'll update accordingly

Creeker won't have a chance to defend his title and IDIG won't be suiting up as 'bridesmaid' for PL again this year, maybe he'll wear that for the CL!

Ins: Brettthejet, Deeman1, Rowsus, Ricky Bobby, PC & Erich1036
Outs: Creeker, IDIG, Hard@it, MovingUpward, Zim^Zum & Monya Meow Meow

Here's a summary of all 18 coaches in the PL for the upcoming season, including their latest formguide. I've allocated a seeding based on their 2017 performances.

20018 SCS PL.jpg

So who will reign supreme in PL for season 2018? Let the banter commence...

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am amazed I was invited to join again, thank you. Is interesting to note that no one (not noone!!) had a particularly high finish. We all have some room for improvement, I sure have!!!

As for my seeding, will be getting the Seasol out and liberally water my team with it, unlike last year I hope it flowers in 2018.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
Brettthejet no 1 seed.......... I will hear about this at work all day tomorrow :).

I'll throw 20 on the Muppets for 2018. The great man is due for a big year. (top 100 overall for sure.)

Have a great season fellas, great to have a opportunity in the CL, but will miss the mighty Premier League.
Will be keeping a close eye on how the year goes in the SCSPL.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All I can help you with in relation to the 2013 season Thanh is that I finished 18th lol :p

Anyway, its great to be back for another year. Absolutely pumped for the footy!

AFL Club
Sydney
In for another crack, feels like many of us had a "down" year last year... so here's to the rebound!

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Thank you for that THCLT! Very strong group this year as well.
It's going to be very competitive again this year as a lot of coaches will be hungry and looking to bounce back!

I choked last season to be out in straight sets after finishing top four. Gotta make better trades this year! All the best to all.

AFL Club
Adelaide
18 top 100 finishers for the year is in this group.......CAN YOU FEEL IT?!?!?:D

AFL Club
Collingwood
Brettthejet no 1 seed.......... I will hear about this at work all day tomorrow :).

I'll throw 20 on the Muppets for 2018. The great man is due for a big year. (top 100 overall for sure.)

Have a great season fellas, great to have a opportunity in the CL, but will miss the mighty Premier League.
Will be keeping a close eye on how the year goes in the SCSPL.
Not sure how someone from div2 can be ranked no1 in this group of fine coaches.
I think Ben and Tim can think themselves unlucky not to be ranked no1.
Flattering, Yes. Expected, never in a million years. Good luck to all fellow PL coaches for the upcoming season.

And blaze id be wrapped to finish 100th and finish last in this league.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Not sure how someone from div2 can be ranked no1 in this group of fine coaches.
Being top ranked last year of the current coaches in this year's PL and being Premiers from Div 2 has endowed you with that privilege...no pressure!:p

AFL Club
West Coast
Stoked to be back in the PL this year. Such a tough league with so many well respected coaches.

After an absolute shocker of a year last season... I will coming with a different approach and hopefully nab some of that elusive "Good Luck" along the way.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Guys, it's great to be back and I wanna tell you that I just wanna go fast .....
So let's get ready to Shake N Bake and remember.... If you ain't first, you're last :p

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
A few people have observed that last season seemed to be a down year for many coaches.

(1) Why do we think that is? and

(2) Do you plan to change anything this year?

AFL Club
Collingwood
A few people have observed that last season seemed to be a down year for many coaches.

In my case:

(1) Upgrades were poor, eg Rocky, Lynch, Roo a few others I can't recall. The expectant good upgrades failed. Very unexpected.

(2) Not starting O'Meara, Swallow, Roughead, Sicily types. Going as much as possible pure G's R's. Go for youth as upgrade material. Need fewer LTI's,.. this is just pure luck.

Last edited:

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

(1) Missed out on good premium rookies (didn't start Marchbank, WHE, Witts) and had poor trade ins (Bont, Yeo late, Grundy, Goldy, Lynch, etc)

(2) Start all the 80 avg 200k rookies and don't get too rigid with my keepers (looking good so far as I only have about 6-7 I'm happy with). Trade in the fallen premium.

AFL Club
North Melb.

(1) Generally I think it was because well performed SuperCoaches are hard wired to pick scoring history over potential and there were a lot of high scoring players last year that did not have that history. I speak of the likes of Kelly, Oliver, Crouch, Kruezer even Dusty and TMitch to some extent. I suspect many were slow to trust these players because they were waiting for the usual downturn and it never came.

On the flip side there were many players with a stellar history that did not score that well. I speak of Pendlebury, Jelwood, Fyfe was down for a lot of the year (but did recover late), even Ablett, Goldy and Gawn (to some extent).

Finally I also think those that had been identified as the next wave of super-prems had poor years. I speak of Treloar and Bont (especially if you didn’t start him and double especially if you traded him in around round 8 - like me)

(2). That is the $50,000 question. I don’t know yet and probably won’t until I finalise my team in the last week. My gut feel is that last year was somewhat of an outlier in this respect however am I brave enough to risk falling for the same trick two years in a row. Whilst I actually had a better year last year than the few previous I was guilty of some of the behaviour describe above.

I doubt will we get another year with so much new blood in the top scorers however I will be very interested to see if last years crop back it up or whether a few of the old guard get back in there.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne

1) We have a lot of Coaches on this site that walk a traditional route. Most years it holds them in good stead, last season it was a recipe for disaster. I think a compromise between last years value picks, and previous years of trusting history might be the way forward.

2) I had a good plan last year, and it was working well for about two thirds of the season. I let myself wander off the road a little, and the wheels fell off really quickly. This year I intend to tighten the lug nuts, and stick to my guns!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanh 12th seed, Jay 15th seed, Keith 17th seed and Phil 18th seed ........ ?

hmmmmm ........ not sure I sit well at 4th seed, with guys with that sort of history sitting so far below me!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Thanh 12th seed, Jay 15th seed, Keith 17th seed and Phil 18th seed ........ ?

hmmmmm ........ not sure I sit well at 4th seed, with guys with that sort of history sitting so far below me!
It's all about ladder positioning Rows, history doesn't count for much in this PL. If that was the case, I too would out of place amongst the names you've mentioned.

Also, there history has been written and we're about to write ours...:p