Leagues SCS Premier League

Who's your vote to take out SCS PL 2019?

• IDIG and jaca (so jaca in other words)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Bomber18

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creekers

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Goodie's Guns

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Courtesans

• Ben's Beasts

• THCLT

• Darkie

• Blaze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brettthejett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Saturday Night Update
All the Bookie's favourites getting the job done thus far, QF#2 heading right to the wire as predicted!

QF#1
Ricky Bobby: Brayshaw, Gawn, Mundy + 2 points
Beasts FC: Hurn, Oliver, Cogs, Gaff, Hogan, Walters

QF#2
Jibrangers: + 222 points
Blaze of Glory: Shaw, Kelly

EF#1
FLYING HORSES: Cogs, Neale, Spargo, Capt (still undecided)
NWD: Kelly, Gawn, Petracca + 220 points

EF#2
Philzsay: McGovern, Kelly, Walters + 4 points
GV Vikings: Shaw, Gaff

AFL Club
Adelaide
Buddy has caused a huge swing in our matchup @Blaze ! I looked gone after Rocky's 57 but I think it's 222 v JKelly and Shaw. I'd still back your guys to get there against Carlton, especially with JKelly's current form. Still happy to be in with a chance on the Sunday!
He sure did!!!!!!!! I went out on Sat night with a bit of swagger thinking this one is in the bag LOL

Then i log in this morning and WOW! Your choice of Grundy over Titch could be genius that 14 points could be very handy. Good luck!

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
He sure did!!!!!!!! I went out on Sat night with a bit of swagger thinking this one is in the bag LOL

Then i log in this morning and WOW! Your choice of Grundy over Titch could be genius that 14 points could be very handy. Good luck!
Congrats! Your boys got there at 3Qt wowee!

AFL Club
Melbourne
On to face NWD next week RB.
Would be a shame to be out in strait sets after finishing top :eek:
The teams been travelling ok up until now. No injuries and players have got their **** scores out of the way so I’m expecting a strong bounce back next week ?

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Round 20 Results

The bookies' market was pretty much spot on with all favourites saluting for the first week of the Finals.

P1.jpg

QF#1 - Beasts FC wins by 383 points
When your lowest of 9 PODs scores 99, including 3x150+ to none, only one outcome was possible...a comfortable win to Beasts FC. In doing so, they recorded their highest score for the year, whilst Ricky Bobby in contrast haven't been this low since the MBRs. Coach James will no doubt dust off the week that was in readiness for his SF opponents. They have never had consecutive down weeks and didn't finished minor premiership without having a 'ticker', so expect them to bounce back with vengeance next round.

QF#2 - Blaze of Glory wins by 59 points
As predicted, this went right down to the wire with Blaze of Glory needing Kelly and Shaw to score a combine 223 points on Sunday to get them across the line. I don't know what coach Tom says to Kelly, but he almost singlehandedly put the result beyond any doubt with his masterful display against a hapless Blues' outfit. With only 5 POD players, things were always going to be tight and the consequence of a poor score would be huge in this contest. Jibrangers would've thought his chances were gone after sub-par performances from Hurley, Beams & Rockliff. Sho was praying for a Buddy's special on Saturday night, and with Grundy netting him a +14 points advantage for Captain coupled with JPK's 75 points, he excitedly exclaimed, 'Over to you Tom!'. What unfolded in the first game on Sunday was there for everyone to behold as Tom's joker in Kelly went about in amassing 41 possessions and 205 SC points!

P2.jpg

EF#1 - NaughtonWittsDusty wins by 161 points
Any hope of FLYING HORSES pulling off an unlikely upset was quickly extinguished by Murphy's 'rookie' output and Guelfi's late withdrawal. To further rub salts into the wound, NWD proceeded to execute on 2 trades to further strengthen his team! Despite a valiant effort by coach Thanh, Brett had all the answers with Kelly adding the final touches to his successful weekend.

EF#2 - Philzsay wins by 189 points
With his Port players failing to make an impact, GV Vikings was always on the back foot in this matchup. Coach Phil proved that his recent form was no fluke, notching up his 2nd 2,600+ score in the past 3 rounds. Philzsay never relented on his promising start, gradually extending his lead throughout the weekend, finally hitting their crescendo with Kelly on Sunday.

Congratulations to our first two Preliminary Finalists in Beasts FC and Blaze of Glory, we unfortunately wave goodbye for another season to FLYING HORSES and GV Vikings. The remaining four teams will battle it out next week in what should be two hotly contested SF's.

In other PL news...

The 8 finalists are breathing a collective sigh of relief after seeing Goodie's Guns (2,741), Jaca's Attackers (2,731), Caleb's Kings (2,693) and The Darkness (2,692). All four coaches recording their highest scores for the year and would've won against any of the 8 finalists!

With coaches putting their best foot forward for the start of Finals' week ***cough, cough***, we managed a healthy average of 2,534 for the round putting us on the cusp of the Top 10, currently sitting in 11th spot.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanks for the matchup Ash!! I'm sure you will get your revenge next year!
Congratultions and Good Luck for the remainder of the finals.

It wasn't really much of a match-up, I was happy with how Friday went, but it went very much down hill from there :confused:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Round 21 (Week II of Finals)

With Beasts FC and Blaze of Glory earning the week off in preparation for their PF opponents, the remaining four teams will battle it out for that privilege in this week's crucial SF matches.

PL Premiership Bookies Odds
$2.20 Blaze of Glory
$2.80 Beasts FC
$4.50 Philzsay
$5.50 Jibrangers
$7.00 NaughtonWittsDusty
$12.00 Ricky Bobby

PL.jpg

SF#1
Bookie's Line: NaughtonWittsDusty +82.5

With up to 10 POD players including 5 in the Midfield, the coach that ultimately gets the upper hand in this battle will more than likely set their team up for victory. Despite their lower overall ranking, NWD holds the edge over Ricky Bobby in almost every other key indicator. The most decided advantage is in the Midfield where their current 5 POD players enjoys a +19ppg per player over the last 5 rounds. Coach James will be eager to resurrect what was a disappointing showing last week in their QF, but will they have enough firepower to overcome Brett's team who looks to be hitting form at the right time?

SF#2
Bookie's Line: Philzsay +24.5

Jibrangers looks to be a clear favourite based on overall ranking alone, but Philzsay is not just here to make up the numbers. After taking all season to finally secure a Finals spot in the very last H&A round, coach Phil has drawn on his vast Finals experience to overcome a tricky opponent last round and is looking forward to making every post a winner from hereon. In fact, Philzsay is the 2nd highest scoring team (behind Blaze of Glory) since the MBRs, so should be right in the mix. Not much separates these two great PL coaches, with every battle between their potential 9 PODs to swing the momentum of the match. Sho will be looking to strengthen one of his weaker link, whilst Phil is quietly confident that his players recent form is a truer reflection of their output. Either way, the result of this will swing from game to game and don't be surprise if Phil needs a ton from Neale to finally edge in front at the final siren!

All the very best to our 4 SF coaches for this week. Unfortunately the journey for 2 of those 4 coaches will end come Sunday night, however, you've all been a major contributor to the efforts of our SCS PL as we make a concerted push towards the Top 10 League in the remaining three rounds.

AFL Club
Melbourne
After the Dumpster Fire performance of last week, the team has had an early morning dip in the Bay on Monday and have been mercilessly flogged on the training track. They are now crystal clear about what is expected of them this weekend and we should expect a much stronger showing. Good luck Brett.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
For those betting on these games, a little warning, Team Philzsay may not end exactly as named above, there may be a late out and surprise inclusion.....

I.e. someone may be using a trade....
I was already nervous but now I'm terrified! Hoping to avoid going out in straight sets two years in a row but looking grim!

AFL Club
North Melb.
How good would it be if the SuperCoach site offered a matchup screen like THCLT has created here. The current one is basic and amateurish. It doesn’t line up the PODs by position, it doesn’t calculate projections based on known selections and loopholes. It really shouldn’t be that hard to create something quite a bit better than they offer now.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Friday Night Update

SF#1: Looks like both coaches will take Billings' score. Ricky Bobby would be content with Zerrett's score whilst a subdued Hurley was not what NWD has in his plans.

SF#2: Zerrett and Billings have given Philzsay an early advantage over Jibrangers' Hurley, assuming he takes the score. With the extra POD player, Philzsay has opened up a nice buffer of 156 points...maybe coach Phil can save that trade for the PFs!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great write-ups Thanh, and best of luck to those who are still in the hunt! I will be living vicariously.