Discussion SCS PC|05 - Completed

AFL Club
Hawthorn
In and paid. Let me know if there's any issue.

I do have bad memories of the last punters club I was in back in 08, lost one leg of multiple multis to bets which should have got up (such as the Pats in the SB after being undefeated all season). Hoping for better luck this time around!

I'll bet on any sport. Probably prefer to avoid the horses, they are stupid animals, but I still follow the bigger races at this time of year anyway for another comp I'm in.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Field and barrier draw for the Caulfield Cup (Race 9), last 4 on the list are emergencies for now.

1571275684561.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Field and barrier draw for the Caulfield Cup (Race 9), last 4 on the list are emergencies for now.

View attachment 12038
Looks like a bad draw for most of the favourites. Maybe Constantinople looks the best chance from a first look, but fairly sure I heard it has been mainly aimed at the Melbourne Cup rather than this race - still doesn't rule it out. I like the recent form line of Mer De Glace but the shocking draw won't help. Not seeing anything I would be super confident in here.

AFL Club
Carlton

View attachment 12038
As stated I like to look for value, great first up run by Vow and Declare who ran on for 4th beaten 1.7 lengths in a leader dominated race. Mr Quickie also a chance who was in the same race as Vow and Declare beaten 4.8 lengths finishing 10th of 11. Obviously not suited last start, but I expect it to improve. Up in distance so should be running on. Both drawn well in the middle of the field.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Here's what I'm thinking for our first bets:

Randwick Race 7 - 7 Ten Sovereigns
Trained by one of the top 3 or 4 Trainers (A O'Brien) in the World, ridden by one of the top 3 Jockeys (R Moore) in the World.
Won the Gp1 July Cup this year, and that's a race that only 3 or 4 of the horses he's running against on Saturday would be competitive in, let alone win. Ryan Moore doesn't fly half way around the World for one ride for nothing!
If this race was run in Europe, this horse would be well under $10 in odds, and be in the top 2 or 3 in the betting.
He's currently $26/$6.50 on Beteasy.

$10 win / $20 place - returns if it wins $390, if it places $130

Caulfield Race 6 - 2 Celestial Falls
Current Oaks favourite, and should be winning this to justify that position.
She's currently $3.50 on Beteasy

$40 win - returns $140 if she wins
$10 quinella with No. 8 Gamay estimated dividend for $1 if successful $12-$15

Fingers crossed we get off to a good start!

AFL Club
Sydney
Testing my knowledge on the dogs tonight through a practice run with $50. If I don’t do my dash by the end of the night, I’ll join in.

Mainly bet on the Greyhounds, NFL, AFL and NRL. Not a huge fan of cricket betting despite it being my sport of choice, but happy to help those looking for tips later on.

EDIT: Have just sent across money, may take a day or two as its from a St George account (slow as buggery over there!)

Last edited:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
GROUP BET NOMINATIONS

As I've alluded under post #19, we'll also kick start our GROUP betting for this weekend, not that Rowan needs any company.

Since this is our very first GROUP bet, I'll take this opportunity to lay down some 'house rules' which will govern all of our GROUP bets:
  • Each stake is fixed at $20.
  • When a GROUP betting opportunity arise, I'll post the relevant information and request for input from ALL punters. This will be posted sometime on a Thursday evening or earlier if a sporting event occurs before that, for example, the Melbourne Cup.
  • You'll have approx. 24 hours to put in your nominations (who you think will WIN), I would encourage all punter to have a stab, even if it involves a sport which you're not familiar with.
  • I'll collate the nominations and post suggested GROUP bets for all to view. From time to time, I may ask the PC to select from the suggested GROUP bets depending on how many I come up with.
  • ALL punters are welcomed to put forward their own suggestion for a GROUP bet at any time. Just PM me the details and I'll post it up as one of the suggested bets for that current week.
  • Unless I get objection from the general group, I will proceed to place the GROUP bets as per my suggestion or per the PC's votes.
  • GROUP betting is NOT compulsory for every single week of a cycle.
****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Without further to do, can I ask for nominations (winners) for the following:

Caulfield Races
R7 -
R8 -
R9 -
R10 -

Randwick Races
R7 -
R8 -
R9 -
R10 -

Last edited:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Please try to use the format in my example below...

Caulfield Races
R7 - 1 Crystal Dreamer
R8 - 2 Royal Meeting
R9 - 2 Mirage Dancer
R10 - 1 Invincibella

Randwick Races
R7 - 2 Pierata
R8 - 1 Happy Clapper
R9 - 3 Gallic Chieftain
R10 - 12 Junipal