SCS Punter's Club

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
In round figures, our potential collects, based on a $5 bet on each combination is:
3 bankers + 3 operators = $101
3 bankers + 4 operators = $404
3 bankers + 5 operators = $1030
all other results in $0 collected.

Then IDIG (this week) decides what we bet our remaining $50 on.

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
Thx Row, fingers crossed the crows don’t cause an ‘upset’ tonight lol

Bets to be posted later today.

PC

Captain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thx Row, fingers crossed the crows don’t cause an ‘upset’ tonight lol

Bets to be posted later today.
Fingers crossed the Cats don't play crap you mean IDIG... They 'should' win but then I say that regularly and they cost me tips :cautious:

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
System bets. The Port line moved a touch so we only got 1.40 instead of 1.45. I would expect this to balance out over the journey so figured there was no need to make the adjustment when betting. I'll look at different ways to post these picks because that was just painful haha
a.jpg
b.jpg c.jpg d.jpg e.jpg f.jpg g.jpg h.jpg i.jpg

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
Here's the first of my bets. $20 same game multi on tonight's game.

Joel’s gone over 30 in 3 of his last 4 against the crows and I reckon 3, maybe 2 gets the job done for most goals tonight. Hoping Menzel sneaks under the radar.

a.jpg

Last edited:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
System bets. The Port line moved a touch so we only got 1.40 instead of 1.45. I would expect this to balance out over the journey so figured there was no need to make the adjustment when betting. I'll look at different ways to post these picks because that was just painful haha
I would think there is a good measure of trust amongst the guys in the PC. We all know each other pretty much.
I think you can short form it, and just give us summary, rather than screen print every bet.
For the 10 system bets, just list the final odds.
ie
bet 1 $20.83
bet 2 $20.83
etc
along with the quick explanation on how it varies against the table, just like you did.
"The odds on the Port game shifted"

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
I would think there is a good measure of trust amongst the guys in the PC. We all know each other pretty much.
I think you can short form it, and just give us summary, rather than screen print every bet.
For the 10 system bets, just list the final odds.
ie
bet 1 $20.83
bet 2 $20.83
etc
along with the quick explanation on how it varies against the table, just like you did.
"The odds on the Port game shifted"
Cheers mate, I think I’d prefer to post them up because if I stuff a leg up at least it’s in plain view. In hindsight, I should’ve just screen shot then resize whilst in paint and put multiple bets in the one image. Should be easier down the track.

I’ll probably move forward the cut off for everyone’s tips because the whole process took a little longer than expected so prefer to do them the night before because my days are generally pretty flat out.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I assume you are retaining the bet in the slip after placing it, then just editing it, rather than putting all 6 in for each of the 10 bets?

siwel

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Brisbane
One thing to consider...
Given you have $1100 to bet with, you should be accessing "free money" that bookies offer. All have sign up/deposit bonus' and I have used this before with the same concept.
At worst you should be able to get some free $50 or $100 bonus bets out of them (use them for first goal kicker markets etc). Something to consider and something that can certainly kick start a punters club.
Happy to discuss further with one of you if you want more info

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
One thing to consider...
Given you have $1100 to bet with, you should be accessing "free money" that bookies offer. All have sign up/deposit bonus' and I have used this before with the same concept.
At worst you should be able to get some free $50 or $100 bonus bets out of them (use them for first goal kicker markets etc). Something to consider and something that can certainly kick start a punters club.
Happy to discuss further with one of you if you want more info
Funnily enough I did but with no luck (n)

Spent half my morning speaking to the majors that had PYOL and none of them bit. I’ve received deposit bonuses in the past for other clubs I’ve ran which i suspect is why they all said no relatively quickly. Considered opening an account at one of the few bookies I don’t have but they didn’t have PYOL and I was pressed for time. Something we could look at when the footy season is over and don’t need PYOL. If there’s people keen to continue through the spring carnival.

PC

Captain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Please indulge me on a clarification question on the Melb v Dogs game - is the bet that the Dogs will win by more than 40.5?

jaca

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Sydney
Please indulge me on a clarification question on the Melb v Dogs game - is the bet that the Dogs will win by more than 40.5?
I think it's more: Dogs' score + 40.5 will beat the Dees' score.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
jaca is correct. Add 40.5 to the Wbull's score, then you get the result of our bet.

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
Oh nah, when it' says 'line', that means the team will receive or give X points headstart.

So with the dogs (+40.5) leg of the multi, the dogs can either win or lose by up to 40 points. If they lose by 41 pts, that leg of the multi is a loser.

On the flip side, for the Port (-13.5), we need Port to win by more than 14 pts, if they win by 13, we still miss that leg of the multi.

EDIT: or add the points to the dogs score...or minus the pts from the Port score.

Prochard

Deputy Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting concept guys! Too bad I have a 73 cents restrictions on AFL betting in general with Sportsbet probably won't be able to participate directly. Happy to contribute my tips if wanted though.

Prochard

Deputy Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another thing with Sportsbet is that there is the 24 and over instant payout promotion (been available for a long time already but still).

You won't be able to take advantage of it with a line bet.

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
Another thing with Sportsbet is that there is the 24 and over instant payout promotion (been available for a long time already but still).

You won't be able to take advantage of it with a line bet.
Yeah it’s a handy promotion but we’re almost exclusively betting multis so I don’t think we can make use of that promo in particular.

Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure they have a h2h multi promo where you get your stake back if you miss one leg.

Prochard

Deputy Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah it’s a handy promotion but we’re almost exclusively betting multis so I don’t think we can make use of that promo in particular.

Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure they have a h2h multi promo where you get your stake back if you miss one leg.
Interesting, I'm not exactly sure how multis work, what about it makes it better than normal line/h2h betting?