Mod. Notice SCS Rules & Announcements - Now accepting coffees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impromptu

Strategist
AFL Club
Essendon
Since March 2012, SuperCoach Scores continues to grow at a rapid rate with over 1,700 members and substantially more visitors who log on as guests.

We have been quite fortunate that most members visit the website with a positive vibe and we have colourful, helpful and friendly characters. We have Rowsus (the other moderator) who spends considerable time helping others such as the Questions For Rowsus and Trade Tables threads. We have a lot of members who also put a lot of time on this community site, which is very appreciated.

SuperCoach Scores is a place to have a laugh, to discuss strategies, celebrate each others' success and discuss common topics of interest.

We have been fortunate in the last 2 years there has not been much trolls or trouble makers on SCS and in fact there has only been one member banned in the past 2 years and under 0.5% of members have been given 'quiet words' from myself and/or Rowsus.

From what I understand 0.5% is an astonishing low percentage compared to most chat forums and I intend to keep it this way.

However, note that SuperCoach Scores will not tolerate:

• Bullying
  • Trolling
  • Baiting
  • Aggressive Undertones
  • Flame Baiting
  • Insulting
This applies to forum posts as well as private messages too.

Most of you know this website is free and I may get a few Donations here or there, but let's just say I don't make a living out of this and the donations go to the cost of running the site and improvements. I have a full-time job, so I provide this website due to my passion for SuperCoach and the loyal members and friends I've made in the last 2 years, albeit online friends.

I prefer to provide the website and spend my time on this website giving advice, sharing SuperCoach ideas and having a laugh and discussing SuperCoach. I am not providing this website to monitor members' activities and my simple solution will be give 'friendly reminder', 'temporary ban' and then 'permanent ban'. Bans will be via IP address, email and other means.

Most of you will know I'm a very reasonable person, especially long-term members. While not required by me, to ensure an objective rather than subjective view, I usually ask for a second opinion from Rowsus and one or two long-term members for serious matters.

Please note that 0.5% is a very small percentage in the past 2 years, however a strong reminder to be nice to the very small majority.

I assume we are all civilised people and thus 'If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it'. Other websites may be more relaxed on this topic and allow trolling, but I have a zero tolerance. Regardless of how much SuperCoach knowledge any member has, I will not tolerate any bullying, trolling etc to any members.

As you most know this website attracts past 4 SuperCoach Winners as well as those with Elite SuperCoach CVs like Philzsay, Aps1, Johnno686 to name a few (on the top of my head) and I assume the reason why they are here is not only because of the wealth of SuperCoach knowledge but the friendliness of the people on this website.

Members who have received Bullying Posts or PMs

If you receive any bullying posts or pm's, please let us know by private messaging Rowsus or myself. Please also provide the quote or forward the PM.

You can assume that Rowsus has my support for all his communications and he has Moderator powers.

We don't want to lose any of our members due to another member's bad behavior.

Give us a chance to fix the problem, and keep enjoying the site

Impromptu

Strategist
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that Ben's Beast and Bomber18 are now Moderators of SuperCoach Scores.

Both Bomber18 (joined SCS on 11 Nov 2012) and Ben's Beast (joined SCS on 6 Jan 2013 ) are long time members of SuperCoach Scores.

Not only have they been great supporters of SuperCoach Scores, but they are great guys in real life.

A reminder that SuperCoach Scores is a free website.

We do it because we love SuperCoach and we do it because we love to have a place where we can chat about SuperCoach, AFL Fantasy, AFL, Soccer, Cricket and about love (actually the part about 'love' never happens, LOL).

Please note that Moderators have work, family and social life commitments but volunteer their time without getting paid.

I've had a read of some recent posts on the site and a friendly reminder about what SuperCoach stands for can be read at the SuperCoach Scores Rules (Trolling, Baiting, Insulting etc etc)

Impromptu

Strategist
AFL Club
Essendon
Howdy all,

I am pleased to announce that @Darkie and @Tamuhawk are now Moderators of SuperCoach Scores.

Both have been loyal, valued and long term members of SuperCoach Scores. @Tamuhawk joined in February 2013 and @Darkie joined in April 2014 so 5 year veterans of SCS.

Please note that Moderators have work, family and social life commitments but volunteer their time without getting paid.

Thanks for joining the SCS Moderators’ team ??

On a side issue, I’m sure @Darkie and @Tamuhawk won’t mind me giving a mention to other Moderators for doing great in the 2019 Overall SuperCoach Rankings; @Bomber18 (45th Overall) and @Goodie's Guns (234th Overall).

Impromptu

Strategist
AFL Club
Essendon
Howdy all,

As we go from strength to strength, I am pleased to announce that @Connoisseur and @Tails have joined our Leadership Group (previously known as Moderators).

Both have helped SuperCoachScores become one of the leading resources for statistical analysis and I am confident both have been key in our recent growth (now over 3,500 members). If you're not familiar with their work, head over to Tails' BBL pricing and break even thread or check out Connoisseur's many examples of player analysis as an example.

Please note that our Leadership Group have work, family and social life commitments but volunteer their time without getting paid. They are great supporters of my vision for a fun, casual place to chat fantasy sports where bullying, trolling, baiting, etc will not be tolerated and I am confident that with these standards in place, SCS will continue long into the future.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
We've recently made some changes in the background and unfortunately this has caused some member's Time Zone settings to reset.

If your post time stamps are out of whack, follow the following instuctions:

On mobile device:
1. Tap on your avatar at top of screen
2. A drop down menu will appear. Tap on ‘Preferences’.
3. This will open a new screen and the first option is Timezone. Adjust it to your Timezone.
4. Tap on ‘save’ at bottom of page.

On computer:
1. Click on your avatar at top of screen
2. A drop down menu will appear. Click on ‘Preferences’.
3. This will open a new screen and the first option is Timezone. Adjust it to your Timezone.
4. Tap on ‘save’ at bottom of page.

Impromptu

Strategist
AFL Club
Essendon
Howdy all,

As many of you would know, SCS has been in operation for almost 8 years now and has grown in size year after year. It has and always will be a FREE site for all to use but unfortunately it is not free to run and apart from the odd donation, the site runs at a pretty decent loss.

If you love the site as much as I do and want to see it continue to grow, please consider sending a few dollars my way. Every little bit helps!

Support SCS by donating at the following link https://ko-fi.com/supercoachscores

Screenshot below of what to expect. Once you click Support Now, you will be redirected to PayPal to make a secure donation via PayPal.

If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can deposit with credit/debit card however it requires you to create a PayPal account while you’re there by including an email account.

Alternatively, if ko-fi isn’t for you, you can also support SCS by bank transfer. Account details below.
Name: Jay To
BSB: 067167
Account number: 18529222

Thanks to everyone for their support over the years and to everyone that has helped make SCS what it is today.

Cheerios,
Jay

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.