Mod. Notice SCS Rules (Trolling, Baiting, Insulting etc etc) - MUST READ!

Impromptu

Strategist
AFL Club
Essendon
Since March 2012, SuperCoach Scores continues to grow at a rapid rate with over 1,700 members and substantially more visitors who log on as guests.

We have been quite fortunate that most members visit the website with a positive vibe and we have colourful, helpful and friendly characters. We have Rowsus (the other moderator) who spends considerable time helping others such as the Questions For Rowsus and Trade Tables threads. We have a lot of members who also put a lot of time on this community site, which is very appreciated.

SuperCoach Scores is a place to have a laugh, to discuss strategies, celebrate each others' success and discuss common topics of interest.

We have been fortunate in the last 2 years there has not been much trolls or trouble makers on SCS and in fact there has only been one member banned in the past 2 years and under 0.5% of members have been given 'quiet words' from myself and/or Rowsus.

From what I understand 0.5% is an astonishing low percentage compared to most chat forums and I intend to keep it this way.

However, note that SuperCoach Scores will not tolerate:

• Bullying
  • Trolling
  • Baiting
  • Aggressive Undertones
  • Flame Baiting
  • Insulting
This applies to forum posts as well as private messages too.

Most of you know this website is free and I may get a few Donations here or there, but let's just say I don't make a living out of this and the donations go to the cost of running the site and improvements. I have a full-time job, so I provide this website due to my passion for SuperCoach and the loyal members and friends I've made in the last 2 years, albeit online friends.

I prefer to provide the website and spend my time on this website giving advice, sharing SuperCoach ideas and having a laugh and discussing SuperCoach. I am not providing this website to monitor members' activities and my simple solution will be give 'friendly reminder', 'temporary ban' and then 'permanent ban'. Bans will be via IP address, email and other means.

Most of you will know I'm a very reasonable person, especially long-term members. While not required by me, to ensure an objective rather than subjective view, I usually ask for a second opinion from Rowsus and one or two long-term members for serious matters.

Please note that 0.5% is a very small percentage in the past 2 years, however a strong reminder to be nice to the very small majority.

I assume we are all civilised people and thus 'If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it'. Other websites may be more relaxed on this topic and allow trolling, but I have a zero tolerance. Regardless of how much SuperCoach knowledge any member has, I will not tolerate any bullying, trolling etc to any members.

As you most know this website attracts past 4 SuperCoach Winners as well as those with Elite SuperCoach CVs like Philzsay, Aps1, Johnno686 to name a few (on the top of my head) and I assume the reason why they are here is not only because of the wealth of SuperCoach knowledge but the friendliness of the people on this website.

Members who have received Bullying Posts or PMs

If you receive any bullying posts or pm's, please let us know by private messaging Rowsus or myself. Please also provide the quote or forward the PM.

You can assume that Rowsus has my support for all his communications and he has Moderator powers.

We don't want to lose any of our members due to another member's bad behavior.

Give us a chance to fix the problem, and keep enjoying the site

AFL Club
Melbourne
Great thread and I'm sure the vast majority already adhere to these rules but there is always a few bad eggs.

I frequent quite a few forums and I must say that this website has the least amount of trolls or bad behavior than any of the others by far. The posters on here are also the most knowledgeable and friendly that I have come across.

Congrats must go to you Jay and also the other moderators and main players for keeping this website at such a high standard.

Monya Meow Meow

Coleman Medalist
AFL Club
Carlton
I haven't really seen any trolling or bullying going ard in this forum compared to others so I must say I am quite shocked to see this thread here.
In fact, it's one of the friendlier sites where everyone can give their opinions in a civilised environment. Kudos to all who made this possible!

MovingUpward

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks for the reminder Jay. We all remain here by the good graces of Jay in particular, but also Rowsus and the other countless members who contribute significant time and effort to impart their experience and joy of SC in the hopeful betterment of everyone. Differing opinion is always going to occur. As an example, at home with the wife, my wife surprisingly doesn't always agree with everything I say or do, so on the rare occasion this happens I recall the old nugget of "giving up on some things doesn't mean you are weak, sometimes it just means that you are strong enough to let go and just walk away". ***Gawd I hope my wife is not reading this over my shoulder right now... :p ***

I haven't personally seen an issue here, but it's always worth remembering we are lucky to be a part of a great community on SCS that will hopefully remain that way in the future... :)

Adrenaline

200 Games Club
Hi Jay

Great thread Jay. I have to agree with Monya. I am on the website every day and i have never seen any bullying. IMO this site is the best supercoach site that i have been too and its great that we have people like yourself, Rowsus and everyone else who share there opinions and help everyone out.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I visit this great site all to often. The only Insulting Flaming Undertone I have seen this year is the state of my Baiting Troll Bull team.

Great stuff everyone.

Mr Young

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
This forum is ace and I fully endorse your zero tolerance policy.

I must add that because of the quality of the members the forum will self moderate the rest of the time which is perfect.

Also that whatever I did I'm sorry and promise to be good from now on.

Zimmer

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't even know what "flame-baiting" is, or half the descriptions there, thankfully.

I will say that the couple of months since I joined this website, I've actually been amazed at the level of general good-will, friendliness and all round intelligence, (and being an EFC member, I've experienced my fair share of the opposite in the last year or so, but let's not go into that).

Add to that the amazing level of Supercoach acumen, it is seriously an internet anomaly. I'm torn between telling friends about it, and keeping the secret to myself.

It's a great place, keep it up everyone. And of course, thanks to Jay and Rowsus.

Santoz

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks Impromptu but unfortunately I've had a case of trolling ever since the season started.

I was tossing up between Parker & Titchell for my F5 spot and on the advice of many here, went Titchell.

He's been trolling me ever since.

If you could have a quiet word to him about getting his act together that'd be great ...

Drew

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks again Jay for maintaining the site, always been good people amd good advice, if i could just stop trolling myself with my own shithouse supercoach selectikns life'd be great! Anyway keep up the good work guys, good luck and Go Crows!!

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
One thing worth keeping in mind is that unsavoury posts are probably removed so everyone may not see them but i'm sure they occur from time to time. Like MU said, not everyone will always agree but being able to (respectfully) discuss these differing opinions is what having a successful and worthwhile forum is all about!

nev1

50 Games Club
AFL Club
Geelong
Very disappointed in this thread. Was hoping for some good tips on:
Bullying,Trolling, Baiting, Aggressive Undertones, Flame Baiting and Insulting.
But nothing!
And come to think of it, have never come across it in any other thread either, and hopefully never will.
And if l call your team rubbish l'm doing it in the nicest way possible. lol ;)

Oh My Watson

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Essendon
This site is probably the best place I have come across to talk supercoach scores. Big wraps go to Jay, Rowsus and all the other mods who keep the order over here. Haven't seen one incident of trolling or bullying since I've been here so kudos to you guys!

Fatboy64

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Adelaide
It doesn't hurt to remind us all of what is acceptable and what is not. Doing so is another example of probably why this site is first-class. I would like to think that any dodgy posts are posted in frustration (it has been a very frustrating season so far) and not malice. I am often pleasantly surprised by the work the more experienced members put in to helping the newcomers. Keep it up guys!

Green Acres

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not everything plays out in the open.
What we as normal members of the site see is not all that is going on.
The forum moderators have empowered themselves with the right to not only to remove posts, and members altogether, but to edit words or wording within a post itself.

Erich1036

400 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
The forum moderators have empowered themselves with the right to not only to remove posts, and members altogether, but to edit words or wording within a post itself.
And thank god they have.

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure every moderator of every forum ever have had the right to not only remove posts, and members altogether, but to edit words or wording within a post itself. This is a surprise how?

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
Not everything plays out in the open.
What we as normal members of the site see is not all that is going on.
Which is and has always been the case for the benefit of the forum. Noting, that any editing of posts is purely to remove the content that breaches forum rules and not to change the meaning of a post. A message is more often than not sent to a person who made the post as well explaining why.

It’s not to everyone’s taste but its how we run this forum which is no different to any other forum that I know of.