SCS Supercoach Ultimate League

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And Archie Smith named too ! LOL after I had to trade for C.Sinclair....
Have had Archie since the very start of my other Keeper League, I traded Sinclair (my second RUC) last week, I've been waiting for an Archie revival for years hahahah!!!!!
Very surprised that @KLo30 didn’t recruit A Smith to the stingers.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
MIDFIELD TRIO CLUB DEBUT BOOST IMMORTALS

The Immortals have boosted their midfield with Ollie Wines, Brandon Ellis and Tom Liberatore set to make their Club debut against the Creme De La Creme on the weekend. Lukosius and Gibbons are also set to make their debut performance with Ryan Burton to miss with injury while Brad Hill, Jack Bowes, Harley Bennell and Aaron Naughton all dropped.

In:
Ollie Wine
Brandon Ellis
Tom Liberatore
Jack Lukosius
Michael Gibbons

Out:
Ryan Burton (inj)
Jack Bowes
Harley Bennell
Brad Hill
Aaron Naughton

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I would like to give a special shout out to the Timelords two debutants tonight.

Jaeger O’Meara showed outstanding class in posting the highest score on debut, 139, in the Timelords history. His score easily surpassed Scott Pendlebury’s previous club record of 115 posted just last week.

Fellow debutant, Jonathon Patton, was thrown in the deep end this week following the knee injury to Sean Darcy. It was a big ask to give him a ruck role given that he had been struggling in the reserves. Whilst Jonathon‘s 65 does not sound extravagant, it was his highest score for the season, and the coaching staff were impressed by how he pushed himself in taking on the unfamiliar ruck role.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 1.51.32 pm.png
Goodie's Giants FC defender Wayne Milera will undergo foot surgery and be sidelined for two months.

The Giants Head of Science and Medicine Tim Goodman said Milera reported pain in his left foot at the completion of Thursday’s main skills session.

“Imaging has shown Wayne has a stress fracture of the fifth metatarsal that requires surgery to ensure the best possible outcome,” Goodman said.

“Wayne is such an important team member and this set back is obviously disappointing.

“In the past he has proven to be a total professional with his rehabilitation and we look forward to seeing him work hard to optimise his recovery.

“Surgery is scheduled for this afternoon and as soon as Wayne has recovered from the operation, we will facilitate his travel to join the team at The Festival of Fantasy in Round 10.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Dagobah Immortals Late Change

Less than an hour before lockout, the Immortals have made a late change with Captain Josh Kelly withdrawing from the game with calf soreness.

Brad Hill gains a reprieve, while Will Settlefield is the replacement emergency.

Joel Selwood will Captain the side, with Jade Gresham his deputy.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Any thoughts on what to do, assuming the Ess-Mel game won't be played mid week or anytime soon?

In my game I have 3 affected players all on different lines (Francis DEF, Angus Brayshaw MID, Tippa FWD) while my opponent Creme De Le Creme had just Petracca (Fwd). I am happy just to have the emergencies for each line for both teams to come in, as we both get 22 players.

However I haven't looked to see how the rest of your sides are affected, or how you guys feel about it.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any thoughts on what to do, assuming the Ess-Mel game won't be played mid week or anytime soon?

In my game I have 3 affected players all on different lines (Francis DEF, Angus Brayshaw MID, Tippa FWD) while my opponent Creme De Le Creme had just Petracca (Fwd). I am happy just to have the emergencies for each line for both teams to come in, as we both get 22 players.

However I haven't looked to see how the rest of your sides are affected, or how you guys feel about it.
Without yet having discussed with Ken, I assume the round will just be parked as is after tomorrow night, then the scores of ESS and MEL players added once that game takes place, whenever that may be, to complete the Round 2 SCSUL games.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Without yet having discussed with Ken, I assume the round will just be parked as is after tomorrow night, then the scores of ESS and MEL players added once that game takes place, whenever that may be, to complete the Round 2 SCSUL games.
Perfect solution given we are not reliant on price changes and trading.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.

As Tim stated, park the round and add the ESS and MEL players once the game is played. If selected ESS and MEL players are injured then we would go to emergencies and then team lists to make it fair.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
As Tim stated, park the round and add the ESS and MEL players once the game is played. If selected ESS and MEL players are injured then we would go to emergencies and then team lists to make it fair.
Agree this definitely seems like the best solution

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Given we have just been hit with a unique situation and we have the ability to transcend the official Supercoach rules, what do teams think in terms of injuries to Captains, in particular, and players in general?

Should we have our own rules in regards to early injuries?
e.g.
  • Injuries incurred to players in the first half which end their game and result in them scoring below 50 result in the emergency score being taken if it is above 50.
  • If the player is a Captain then the Vice Captain score is doubled and the emergency is taken for the captain as a single score.
  • Should this only pertain for a Captain.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Given we have just been hit with a unique situation and we have the ability to transcend the official Supercoach rules, what do teams think in terms of injuries to Captains, in particular, and players in general?

Should we have our own rules in regards to early injuries?
e.g.
  • Injuries incurred to players in the first half which end their game and result in them scoring below 50 result in the emergency score being taken if it is above 50.
  • If the player is a Captain then the Vice Captain score is doubled and the emergency is taken for the captain as a single score.
  • Should this only pertain for a Captain.
I’m not a fan personally.

If a real AFL player cops an injury, there are no subs.

We should keep it as is. But thanks for raising!