SCS Supercoach Ultimate League

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
The Rangers are pleased to welcome back Nankervis, Greene and Dustin Martin as big inclusions for its must win match against the Immortals. Although the Rangers had struggled early with its ruck stocks, the coach is pleased to have four playing rucks on his list this round.

Sensationally, there are rumours that Hannebery will be named as an emergency this round. Coach Sho said earlier that “Dan had a disappointing showing last round and Rowell’s strong form early has created competition among some of the older fellas. This round we are likely to go with Mitch Robinson against the Crows but we hope Dan can show some form to compete again for an on field spot next week.”

Meanwhile, Oscar Allen has been dropped after a poor showing but Coach Sho has been pleased with the form of young recruit Ben King who has held his place after a breakout performance last round.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A timely reminder to all those making the arduous journey to Dagobah to employ preventive measures to ensure the safety of their ruckmen, whether that entails enlisting extra personnel to guard the precious cargo or not.

Sam Jacobs and Rhys Stanley failed to make the return journey leaving Creme de la Creme to rely on Ben McEvoy as the sole ruck for their encounter against Jordan's Jets. The uneven playing surface was to blame for the unfortunate injury to Stanley but @Philzsay has generously offered the assistance of the esteemed Dr Vindi and a bacta tank to fast track his recovery. As for catsup (Sam Jacobs) he was captured by Bossk and forced to work for Jabba the Hutt as Salacious B Crumb's protegee. A failed attempt by our recruiters involved trying to acquire the services of Lumpy to replenish the ruck stocks.

In addition with the risk to ruckmen, make sure you keep all records and documents well away from @Philzsay -

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
A timely reminder to all those making the arduous journey to Dagobah to employ preventive measures to ensure the safety of their ruckmen, whether that entails enlisting extra personnel to guard the precious cargo or not.

Sam Jacobs and Rhys Stanley failed to make the return journey leaving Creme de la Creme to rely on Ben McEvoy as the sole ruck for their encounter against Jordan's Jets. The uneven playing surface was to blame for the unfortunate injury to Stanley but @Philzsay has generously offered the assistance of the esteemed Dr Vindi and a bacta tank to fast track his recovery. As for catsup (Sam Jacobs) he was captured by Bossk and forced to work for Jabba the Hutt as Salacious B Crumb's protegee. A failed attempt by our recruiters involved trying to acquire the services of Lumpy to replenish the ruck stocks.

In addition with the risk to ruckmen, make sure you keep all records and documents well away from @Philzsay -
Great stuff.

I'm not sure that Saudi Arabia actually got it wrong. The UN is out of this world.

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Ryder late out for the Immortals

Paddy Ryder is a late out for the Immortals clash with the Rangers. Emergency Michael Gibbons takes his place.

Speculation was rife on the unofficial Immortals fan forum the last two days that the coaching team was playing funny buggers with team selection this week after Shane Mumford was named for his debut in the ruck alongside Tim English, with Ryder moved to the forward line. Fans argued that playing three ruckman would make the team too top heavy, so it is no surprise to see a small come in his place.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mmm ... what a train wreck of a week for me ....

- Howe joins Newman on the LTI list ...
- Fyfe out for a few weeks at least and possibly Jones out for this week but they both came with that risk so no complaints and should be able to cover them .....

So I'm in the market for a Defender ....

- As either an on field option or to provide cover ....
- Contract years and money aren't an issue for me ....

Instead of tossing out a heap of PM's, I thought I'd post here first to see if anyone has someone they are willing to put on the table first .... send me a PM if you do ...

- Obviously they need to be playing with decent JS first and foremost ...
- Got quite a few possible players in mind after reviewing all teams ...
- Doubt I can offer any of my midfield players as I'm going to need them all for a few weeks and obviously my playing rucks are off limits ...
- Below is my current squad ....

1593429361649.png

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
@KLo30

Probably a few stupid question(s) but I just need clarification on it for future list management ...

So if I have a 2019 draft class player on a two year contract and delist them at the end of the season ...

- I understand that I'm liable for the second year contract price ... no issues on that front ...
- But their draft prices don't change I think due to the "draft class" but is it now considered a 2nd contract ...
- Just pondering what happens if I manage to redraft the same player I delist ...

Last edited:

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
@KLo30

Probably a few stupid question(s) but I just need clarification on it for future list management ...

So if I have a 2019 draft class player on a two year contract and delist them at the end of the season ...

- I understand that I'm liable for the second year contract price ... no issues on that front ...
- But their draft prices don't change I think due to the "draft class" but is it now considered a 2nd contract ...
- Just pondering what happens if I manage to redraft the same player I delist ...
Currently as it stands, and we probably haven't considered every scenario, their status will depend on their 2021 price.

If they are rookie priced then they can be drafted to a rookie contract (1st Contract). If they are above rookie price then they are a free agent.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Currently as it stands, and we probably haven't considered every scenario, their status will depend on their 2021 price.

If they are rookie priced then they can be drafted to a rookie contract (1st Contract). If they are above rookie price then they are a free agent.
So this year the "2018" draft class were able to be drafted at their previous years price .... Ie. Walsh

- Does that still carry forward to next year for this years "2019" draft class ..... I guess that is question one ...
- Second one still revolves around whether I'd be paying double ... probably hard to explain in text ... Ie: liable for $XX but if I redraft them would that cancel out ....
- Might sound like stupid questions but the answers will impact my future trading strategies ...

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
So this year the "2018" draft class were able to be drafted at their previous years price .... Ie. Walsh

- Does that still carry forward to next year for this years "2019" draft class ..... I guess that is question one ...
- Second one still revolves around whether I'd be paying double ... probably hard to explain in text ... Ie: liable for $XX but if I redraft them would that cancel out ....
- Might sound like stupid questions but the answers will impact my future trading strategies ...
No, it doesn't carry forward. It was a once off for the initial draft.

You are responsible for the remaining salary of the player delisted. You are then responsible for the salary of the player drafted, whether they are the same player or not. i.e. you pay twice

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, it doesn't carry forward. It was a once off for the initial draft.

You are responsible for the remaining salary of the player delisted. You are then responsible for the salary of the player drafted, whether they are the same player or not. i.e. you pay twice
Thanks ... that answers my questions ...

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
There has been a bit of background chatter in regards to "renting" players before the trade deadline. This goes against the spirit of the game.

Trades must be "fair" between teams. There is plenty of scope within the game with draft picks, swallowing salary, multiple players to make that happen.

In essence, we are mirroring the AFL system, with the added enjoyment and flexibility of being able to trade in season, where you trade to keep.

If you are uncertain then seek clarification.

:)